Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: im off to glen helen.....  (Read 4760 times)

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
im off to glen helen.....
« on: September 30, 2010, 10:41:59 PM »
wish me some 2t luck!!!!!!

heading down for the final round of the OTHG national series. i sitting second overall after the first 4 rounds, hangtown, fernley, tulare, hollister gp but im still 9 points out of first. going to give it my all at gh and hope to bring home a podium on the yz. anyway, if there is anyone thats close by and wants to come chear me on, im the one on the yz 250 in the 30 int class. ill let you all know how it goes.

and for a little update, i took 2nd over at the hollister national, i won last week at riverfront and wound up winning the overall for the oTHG SUMMER SERIES in 30 INT. WHO SAYS 2T cant compete!!!!!!!!!

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: im off to glen helen.....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:44:26 PM »
Hey WSR,
I live about 25 miles from glen helen, I will try to make it out.
My Mom has been under the weather, If she is OK I'll probably make it.

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 06:02:24 AM »
Good luck, kick some wet-fart bike butt!!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »
Good Luck rippa!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
Good luck, hopefully somebody is with you to take some pics!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »
Good luck & have fun. ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »
ahh man i gotta miss our nat'l due to work. good luck, there are some fast guys (Hamblin and Warrington come to mind, oh and Donn Maeda from transworld has been racing with us this year).  i've never raced a national, usually work gets in the way. stay safe glen helen gets rough quickly.
good luck and have fun....

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
well, how was it? any updates???

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »
well im back........ what a freaking long drive. drove through the night friday just to get 2 hours of sleep saturday morning in front of the gate. woke up to the lovely sound of of my buddy honking at me as he pulled in. haha. well what can i say, glen helen is amazing, every time i go down there it is a great time. just sitting on that gate is awesome, the talladega corner after the start, going up mt st helen is always a rush. so to break it down i went 7-7 on day one, i had nothing to offer i could barely walk i was so tired. but day 2 was way better i went 6-5 and beat both of my buddies that beat me day 1. finshed 6 overall. day one the track was super sloppy in the am and with the wind it dried out and got BEAT in the afternoon. day 2 was a different story the track was tacky all day, not sure what why it was so different but it was great. so let me just say this, 450's have there place, and glen helen is it. i got my a-- handed to me going up those hills and the long straights and the nasty bumpy corners etc... sloppy in the am dry in afternoon all = 450. sorry dont jump on me just hear me out. i did beat out a few guys and i was the only 250 in my class and the only 2t, even though there was a ton of 2t in other classes. but check this out, my buddy had issues with his bike before the last moto and had to ride his 250f in moto 4, he had been pulling me all weekend until moto 4. he had nothing for me on that 250f compared to my yz. so the proof is on the track, 250 2t against a 450 on a fast hilly nasty track = NOT FAIR, 250f vrs 250 2t = not fair, i think this really shows that our petition for 150-300 2t's is on track to being, well, fair.

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »
glad you had a good time.  nothing better than beating your buddies  ;D .  you're not lying about the displacement advantage the 450 has. 
i race with othg.  when i was on my rm i was consistently bottom 1/3 on the starts and had to work my way thru slower riders .  on the 450 the worst ive done is 3rd to the 1st turn, against the same riders. ;D
so now i work my way backwards instead of working my way forwards.....

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »
Glad to hear you finished well and had a good time.

I know what you are saying, regarding the 450, I was leading my class (250 senior) at a Hare and Hound in January, I caught a few of the vets that started 10 minutes in front of me, when we were getting close to the finish, I passed this 450 guy in the rocks, He passed me back on a long straight, I passed him in some woops, He passed me back on a long uphill.
I was going by him on a rocky down hill, and we made some contact >:D I didn't see him after that...

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »

I was going by him on a rocky down hill, and we made some contact >:D I didn't see him after that...

That will teach him do use an unfair handicap  :D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 09:55:03 PM »
Sounds like a good time, I bet your 250 sounded pretty sweet climbing those hills. I,ve been past G L a few times, it always looks mint. I raced millville before,nothing beats riding a pro track,even if you have problems like a 1st turn crash, you have a wide track to make passes and the tracks are faster than local tracks. I know what you mean about the 450,s  they pass you on a straight away, then pass them back in a corner, repeat.

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »
well im back........ what a freaking long drive. drove through the night friday just to get 2 hours of sleep saturday morning in front of the gate. woke up to the lovely sound of of my buddy honking at me as he pulled in. haha. well what can i say, glen helen is amazing, every time i go down there it is a great time. just sitting on that gate is awesome, the talladega corner after the start, going up mt st helen is always a rush. so to break it down i went 7-7 on day one, i had nothing to offer i could barely walk i was so tired. but day 2 was way better i went 6-5 and beat both of my buddies that beat me day 1. finshed 6 overall. day one the track was super sloppy in the am and with the wind it dried out and got BEAT in the afternoon. day 2 was a different story the track was tacky all day, not sure what why it was so different but it was great. so let me just say this, 450's have there place, and glen helen is it. i got my a-- handed to me going up those hills and the long straights and the nasty bumpy corners etc... sloppy in the am dry in afternoon all = 450. sorry dont jump on me just hear me out. i did beat out a few guys and i was the only 250 in my class and the only 2t, even though there was a ton of 2t in other classes. but check this out, my buddy had issues with his bike before the last moto and had to ride his 250f in moto 4, he had been pulling me all weekend until moto 4. he had nothing for me on that 250f compared to my yz. so the proof is on the track, 250 2t against a 450 on a fast hilly nasty track = NOT FAIR, 250f vrs 250 2t = not fair, i think this really shows that our petition for 150-300 2t's is on track to being, well, fair.

Back before they went to the GP layout they have now (90 degree turns with no runup for the hill climbs, etc...) the track was fairly neutral (in fact I did far better on it), now it's a pure 4 stroke layout. Sad really, but such is life.

Sounds like you had fun though :)

Offline joel95

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 10:46:07 PM »
so let me just say this, 450's have there place, and glen helen is it. i got my a-- handed to me going up those hills and the long straights

A service honda cr 500 would fix that problem  ;D