Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: My first race EVER!  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
My first race EVER!
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:13:23 PM »
I am so pumped for tomorrow! It is my first race ever in my life! Well... no, I have done a long distance run before, but that is different. Tomorrow is my first motocross race, and I am racing my stock 125 against the thumpers. I think that I will do ok, as I have identical lap times as my friend, who finished 8th out of thirty last race. I am a bit nervous though, wish me luck, I plan on taking lot's of pics, and posting them here, and will be wearing my twostrokemotocross t-shirt with pride! The track is hard packed, and has a long start, but I plan on kicking some four stroke butt anyways.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline scottydog

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: My first race EVER!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:18:45 PM »
Dont let those 250s get to you, for a phycological advantage over the 250s just think to your self that you've got the lightest best handling bike on the track  ;D 

Good luck!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »
Get some footage I will love to see it!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 10:29:48 PM »
Bring tearoffs

Don't follow other riders lines

Get an inside gate, and just hold the throttle all the way to the corner, and then dive inside and you should get a decent start. The start is 50% of the race

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 11:22:25 PM »
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

once your stacked up in the gate is where the real nerves kick in, I LOVE IT!!! lets you know your alive.
i still want to puke when im sitting there in the gate and i have been racing moto for years. its a pure rush.

like said above the start will make or break you, wont get to into start tech, concrete vs dirt but dont stare at the gate, head is up looking at the first corner, through the corner of your eye your looking at the pin or hinge of the gate in the lower corner, its the  first thing on the gate that moves. and remember you want to get to that corner first so hold it on when you hear everyone else shut it down and you will be screaming hole shot......

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 02:01:52 AM »
At my track, its an uphill start to a sweeping left turn. Its pretty intense. 3rd gear pinned for me all the way through!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 06:53:20 AM »
Good luck, keep us posted!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »
Your 1st mx race, that,s exciting stuff right there, good Luck.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »
Have a wonderful day!

Good luck and remember to do two things... breathe and smile!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »
Have a wonderful day!

Good luck and remember to do two things... breathe and smile!!

Haha, gayest advice I've heard in a while.

Just playing...

but seriously

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 04:08:06 PM »
Just remember one thing..  HAVE FUN!!!  no one cares what place you got...  just have fun slinging some roost.  Many times we forget why we do this...  its for the big shitty grin... 

My goal when i run a hare scramble to to finish...  hopefully in one piece, both me and the bike...  it I do that it was a teriffic day.  I know you're MXing, but you need the same goal...  finish in one piece, and hopefully nothing breaks..  (you and the bike).  Now for your 2nd outing we expect a podium finish, but for the 1st race, just finish...

Have fun and let us know how it went...
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 07:35:27 PM »
Thanks guys! I had an absolute blast! The gate was kind of scary, but, I got over that quickly. My starts I have to say were not the best, my first moto I was about middle of the pack for the start, the second moto, I came second last, I got stuck behind a bunch of bikes, and could not pass. My first race, I did surprisingly well, there was 14 riders in my class(The race was mixed, mx1 and mx2) and half way through the race I had 5 or 6 guys behind me, who already had race experience. Knowing this, I was feeling fairly confident, unfortunately I crashed in a corner, and they all passed me, I managed to catch up, but only gained back two positions. I ended up getting 12th out of 14, and I made my goal! Not to come last. Second moto comes up, and my start was not good. The entire race I battled with several riders, but really had a fight for position with one particular rider, a guy on a ktm 200. I had him in the corners, and over the jumps, but up over the hill climb jump, he had me. Anyways, enough of my rant. I have a question for all of you. I have the choice to race tomorrow as well, and I am saying this because I had the ability this morning to list my sponsors on the sign up sheet, to be announced on the loudspeaker as I line up to the gate. I was wondering if you John, and all the others a part of this forum would be ok with listing twostrokemotocross.com as my sponsor? I don't want any items, I just simply want to advertise a bit for the site, let me know what you think. Oh and the video of today is coming.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 08:24:12 PM »
Thats a great idea man.

And I can't wait to see that footage  :o

Offline DangisMX

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 02:02:40 AM »
Wow man, that's great ! :). I hope some day I will have my first race as well :). By the way, you said you tried long distance running? Me too :D. How far far did you run and what was your time?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:32 AM »
Thanks guys! I had an absolute blast! The gate was kind of scary, but, I got over that quickly. My starts I have to say were not the best, my first moto I was about middle of the pack for the start, the second moto, I came second last, I got stuck behind a bunch of bikes, and could not pass. My first race, I did surprisingly well, there was 14 riders in my class(The race was mixed, mx1 and mx2) and half way through the race I had 5 or 6 guys behind me, who already had race experience. Knowing this, I was feeling fairly confident, unfortunately I crashed in a corner, and they all passed me, I managed to catch up, but only gained back two positions. I ended up getting 12th out of 14, and I made my goal! Not to come last. Second moto comes up, and my start was not good. The entire race I battled with several riders, but really had a fight for position with one particular rider, a guy on a ktm 200. I had him in the corners, and over the jumps, but up over the hill climb jump, he had me. Anyways, enough of my rant. I have a question for all of you. I have the choice to race tomorrow as well, and I am saying this because I had the ability this morning to list my sponsors on the sign up sheet, to be announced on the loudspeaker as I line up to the gate. I was wondering if you John, and all the others a part of this forum would be ok with listing twostrokemotocross.com as my sponsor? I don't want any items, I just simply want to advertise a bit for the site, let me know what you think. Oh and the video of today is coming.

Congratulations on your first race!! That's awesome!

Please feel free to use Two Stroke Motocross.com as one of your sponsors.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!