Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: graphics  (Read 3877 times)

Offline helfrick15205

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
graphics
« on: September 14, 2010, 05:47:36 AM »
 If anyone is looking for graphics that will last for a while www.graphicmx.com has some good graphics. you can get them for cr's back to 92, yz's back to 88, kx's back to 94, and rm's back to 93. the honda and yamaha graphics have more of a variety and most come in different colors. i have been pleased with the graphics and they lasted about a year of riding. here are some pictures of my yz and cr(sold the cr). both of the graphics i chose came in 8 different variations. they are located in butler pa for all you pa guys.

i chose the blue and white for my 01 yz

chrome and black for the honda

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:33:11 AM by helfrick15205 »

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: graphics
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »
I'm liking what it did to the CR!  It has an incredibly serious "industrial" look to it, and it goes very well with the way that year's frame looked.  It seems to say, "I'm not here to win the swimsuit contest, I'm just going to kick your ass."  Very rarely do I find a bike with black as it's main color that I actually like, and I think that Honda is the second one I've found.  The first was an '80 YZ465 with gold stickers, making it a reverse of the normal scheme and it really worked well.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »
Are you ok jetz ?
It's not like you to like a modern bike with graphics.  ;)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 06:11:20 AM »
Are you ok jetz ?
It's not like you to like modern bikes. ;)

There I fixed your statement...   :D
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 06:51:32 AM »
Nice!!  I have only been able to find 1 set of graphics for my '98 YZ250, and I don't like them very much - too much black against the blue.  I will have to check out what they have!!

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
They have some cool stuff,under the custom graphics. I like the chic with her legs spread and the crazy clown. The only thing missing is a bantom rooster,that just had a battle and has fangs and horns,he towers over buildings and lives to raise hell. haha

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
I like the retro red, white & blue honda complete kit.  Gives the look of the bikes back when honda ruled.  :P
I've got some stars left over.   ;D
Super T, you got a pm.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:48:21 PM by TxTechRedRider »
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 05:15:10 AM »
Normally I don't like how modern bikes look, but that one is just done well.  It's not too plain, nor is it too busy.  The colors and patterns work well with the natural lines of the bike.  The black-and-white monochrome effect obliterates the Toys-R-Us look that most modern bikes have, and replaces it with a mean and sharp appearance.  It looks like a bike that started as a six-foot cube of aluminum, that was then carved by lasers into that shape.

There were some Maicos back in the day that had no color on them at all, and with their sharp angles and hard lines, they also had that "industrial" look to them, as though whoever designed it had only two tools at his disposal, those being a number-four pencil, and a ruler.  The kind of guy who laid awake at nights, haunted by the thought of having to put round wheels and curved fenders on his straight-and-narrow masterpiece.  All that would make a lot of sense, considering the kinds of cars that were floating around at that time.

Funny! 1970s American cars - damning review: Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld - BBC autos

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 09:07:18 PM »
CR looks badass. Oh the yammie too :)

Offline helfrick15205

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
i just re-ordered the yamaha graphics from graphic mx. i put those on in the summer of 08. they weren't peeling but started to turn the funky yellow color that plagues white graphics on a gas tank (after about a year). i switched back to the blue earlier this year but im back to white now. here is the evolution of my bike and graphics and what it looks like now. don't have any pictures of when it was new. of all the kits i went through the graphic mx kit lasted the longest that's why i recommended them. when i did the cr i was going for the plain look nothing flashy. it turned out very nice. the wing , honda, and the part under the honda logo are chrome. i was surprised at how well they looked when i got them. i sold that bike to a buddy of mine and it still looks like the picture. he tried out my kx 500 i had at the time and messed his shoulder up after the bike threw him off. so the honda is just sitting in a storage shed.

200? after these peeled off i just rode it w/o graphics for a while

now

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:55:32 PM by helfrick15205 »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »
I must say the white Yamy looks nice  ;D
And the CR is one off the best I have seen.
Nice work. :)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »
I like the second-to-last YZ the best.  With the others the gas tank and shrouds look too big and give the bike a very "top-heavy" look to it.  With the darker blues and blacks, it gives all that the illusion of being smaller and makes the bike appear more balanced.

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
I like the retro red, white & blue honda complete kit.  Gives the look of the bikes back when honda ruled.  :P
I've got some stars left over.   ;D
Super T, you got a pm.
                       OK I  got your pm, I don,t see the area to send a pm though. My hip is messed up again, it causes my whole leg into my foot to be swelled up. I should just sell my cr144, get another  04 cr125 and take all the bolt on stuff and suspension off the cr144, or swap engines.

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 06:58:22 PM »
Super T,

Dont sell that bike.  Give that hip some time and rest, things will work out.
You will regret letting the Cr144 go.
Season is approaching the end.  Give yourself some time to heal.
You can click on my name and it will give my info, down at the bottom it will ask if you want to send this member a pm

Todd
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61