Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Finally went riding yesterday!!!  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
Finally went riding yesterday!!!
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:56:25 AM »
I finally got to take my YZ250 out with my brother and his friend yesterday. I rode my YZ250 my bro rode one of his buds 3 wheelers and our friend took his mighty CR500 out!! OMG it was sooo much fun :) i got about 2 hours of solid seat time in. We went to Rancho in Zephryhills if there is anyone in south Florida that reads this they might know the place. Unfortunatly. It was very wet and mud was everywhere "it's very hilly so there were alot of pits filled with sandy mud" and around the mud was wet sand. So slick stuff everywhere!! It was flooded to bad to explore the whole area where I would had been able to really open the bike up. But I did get some turn practice and the dreaded whoops were all over the place! I'm still not very comfortable standin up yet. I always accidently twist the throttle. Can anyone give me some tips on how to overcome this??? Anyways I fell 3 times while we were there and had one close call in the whoopty doos lol. All 3 falls were on turns of course the 1st one sucked cuz it was right in a mud pit!! Worst part is I pushed the sob out of it in gear!! The mud made the bike weigh like 2x as much! Stupidity on my part not to put it in neutral lol. The other two falls were not in mud but when I was trying to corner faster. Later that night my arms and legs felt so sore. I feel better today just might right leg still hurts from falling on then kicking the bike back over several times lol. I just got done with washing and maintenance on the bike. I really wanna go next weekend bit it may be too wet. I guess I will see.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Finally went riding yesterday!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »
Sounds like fun 257, my Mom and step dad live in Zephryhills half the year, I,ve been down there a few times,mostly when my Grandparents owned the property,it,s a small world. Try sharpening your foot pegs with a file,to give your feet a better grip, then put your weight on the foot pegs and not on the handle bars, just relax your body on the bike, talk to your self to stay loose. Make sure your throttle has free play,there,s 2 adustments the easiest one is by the throttle,add more free play maybe. Also put 2 sided tape on the clutch and front brake levers, it makes it much easier to use your levers, a hardware store will have it, and ride with your right foot over the rear brake, to bring the front end down in an emergency. Just have fun that,s why we all ride 2-strokes.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:52:41 AM »
Sounds like an awesome day of riding!! Congratulations!

When standing up it really helps to hold onto the bike with your knees... it takes a little getting used to but will help. While you say that you tipped over in a couple of turns you didn't give details, but falling in turns is usually caused by a few different problems. One is too little speed going into the corner and to be expected too much speed going into corners.

The first looks a bit like the guy on the tricycle on the tv show laugh in, you just tip over. With too much speed you can either turn the front wheel too hard which makes it slides sideways or worse you go up and over the berm. While really spectacular can really hurt!  :o :o

I have only one question... well okay two... did you run Maxima 927?

Did you have fun??
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »
Yes I ran the 927. It works great.

And yes I freakin loved it!! I think I'm gunna go back next weekend! That is if we don't get anymore rain the mud really sucks... And you can't really open it up that much with mud pits everywhere. But I got lots of practice on sudden direction change lol.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »
Good stuff Braap, glad ya had fun. Its probably a good thing you gone riding in crap conditions as you will learn pretty quick from it, instead of riding around in perfect conditions and gettin all cocky, then when it does turn to shit you crash and hurt ya self. Youll be an ace at mud ridin.
Keep it up, Just remember like John said grip with ya legs, and look ahead not at the ground in front of you..

Happy ridin ;D ;D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »
Thanks Scotty, I always look ahead and scan the terrain. I've hear some people just stare at the front fender "I have no idea why some riders have the habit of staring the front fender down.." I could work on gripping the bike with my legs a little more it would relieve some of the pressure in my arms as I'm too tense. But I figure it was my 1st ride so I was happy :)

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »
Good stuff Braap, glad ya had fun. Its probably a good thing you gone riding in crap conditions as you will learn pretty quick from it, instead of riding around in perfect conditions and gettin all cocky, then when it does turn to shit you crash and hurt ya self. Youll be an ace at mud ridin.
Keep it up, Just remember like John said grip with ya legs, and look ahead not at the ground in front of you..

Happy ridin ;D ;D

maybe he likes counting the knobs on that front tire scotty. nah JK. i'm not far romoved from a a noob myself after the many years off abike esoecially a smoker.  have funbraap257 thats is what its all about.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »
Thanks SocalCajun, I'm gunna try to get out to Rancho this Sunday, 10 percent rain chance here in Florida on that particular day. The rain has been letting up quite a bit recently as we are heading into the fall. Omg I sooo can't wait till it starts to get cooler.. But as I said before I would rather it be a bit wet then really dusty. Dirt boogers and clogged air filters suck lol.