Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Return of TGM 2 stroke  (Read 5601 times)

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: Return of TGM 2 stroke
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 02:17:52 AM »
I just wish I could be the test rider for these things!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
That bike is trick.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »
Another sexy Italian...   :D
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »
That,s one lucky kid and a super sick bike. We need  a  125  series in the USA, to save our tracks.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 05:44:42 AM »
Just had to share with everyone... now posted on the min site!

Yes we need to start a 125cc two-stroke series in the USA....
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 05:45:00 AM »
Looks like a Maico 125. Very nice.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
Has maico ever been into small bores?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »
Has maico ever been into small bores?

Yes

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
Pretty sure the 70's 125's were even rotary valved engines
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »
Awesome old Maico brochures!! Thanks for sharing!
Life is short.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 07:50:49 AM »
I've got a 1977 Maico 125 MX in the basement. :D

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 06:32:38 AM »
You guys have to check this out! One of the readers of the TSM site saw the TGM two-stroke and made mention of it on Vital MX. What has ensued is 9 pages of craziness....

I decided to pock my 2 cents into the fray, although for the most part I feel it will be ignored.

Here is a link to the mess;

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Too-bad-US-motocross-doesnt-welcome-innovation,1063041?page=1

Here is what I wrote which just happens to be at the top of page 9;

All I can say is... holy crap!

Folks from both sides have moved so far afield from Newmann's original post that it's not recognizable.

Personally I had the opportunity to meet him in Texas, he's a great guy with a huge love for the sport of motocross. He supplied some bikes for display and was part of an award for Steve Wise. My bet is even those that have been less then kind in your responses to him, would enjoy spending the afternoon with him.

The OP stated that a new machine was developed. The reason for the development was a small rule change made by the FIM. He was excited about it and wanted to share it. Yes he chose a provocative title to get folks to read about it, good move on his part.

You guys that actually hate all the two-stroke talk actually contribute to it growing out of control. You get so defensive, why?

If you like four-strokes, more power to you, enjoy them, race them... it's all good. The same with two-strokes...

The idea of developing a 125cc feeder class for the Nationals has some merit and is worth considering.

Can we talk about that idea and why a small company would dare to build a new bike in this economy, instead of all the other stuff?
Life is short.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 07:15:06 AM »
I made several replies in that topic. It spiralled out of control VERY quickly. There is a lot of love for the two stroke. Its great. Some four stroke bretheren quickly steered the thread off topic to promote their own agenda and ideas. Mathes' early responses had a lot to do with it getting out of hand. It just shows what a hot topic the two stroke is at the moment. Even one year ago you were told to take off your tin foil hat and that the choppers were on their way if you were promoting two stroke equality. Now there is more positive than negative talk toward the two stroke.

It was good of newmann to start that thread to make many aware of what else is happening around the world in the sport of motocross and specifically with the 125cc class. Does anyone know if Newmann frequents this forum at all ????
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline CCOADY454

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 12:36:14 PM »
I had to chime in as well:

Matthes wrote: Nah, I'm not mad. I just reached a point where I know what Newmann is all about and that's totally cool. It's his right to talk about whatever he wants to but whenever he posts, it's some conspiracy theory on why the OEM's (and promoters) don't want 2-strokes anymore.

The OEM's would sell you pink scooters with tassles if everyone would buy them, it's all about the $, the ecconomy doesn't allow them to tie up assembly lines with two-strokes that "might" sell and the consumers have spoken with their wallets. When OEM's offered 2 and 4 strokes, the consumers chose the thumpers.

I just made a decision in my life about 20 min ago that I'm not going to be lured to click on any "too bad US mx doesn't welcome innovations" threads on Vital MX because, if it's from Newmann, it will be about 2-strokes and I have to say, I already feel better!

BZZZZT - WRONG

When the OEM's offered 2 and 4 strokes, the consumers chose the 2 stroke. When the AMA offered a 100% displacement advantage, the manufacturers focused on a machine that would give them more profit, and cost more for parts. It just took a few years for the displacement handicap to become an advantage. So now, it's time to slightly modify the rules, to allow for competition (they did it twice before, why not again?). If the thumpers are BETTER, then the big four will continue to build thumpers. In the mean time, small companies like TM, GasGas, KTM, Maico can run their 2 strokes to compete as well (GIVEN A FAIR DISPLACEMENT RULE CHANGE). I would love to see a huge mix of bikes out there, big and little companies, factory riders and privateers....and I'm not talking about the privateers that get their bikes for free. I'm talking about TRUE privateers that work m-f and are their own mechanic and buy their own parts. The Big 4 simply don't want more competition that the rule changes would bring. It's plain and simple! It's basically a fixed sport anymore.