Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: For all the Road Racing fans, no more 250GP  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
For all the Road Racing fans, no more 250GP
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
This ticks me off, I loved the 250GP bikes so much. There replacing the 250's with Moto2 with Honda 600cc engines. And I mean every bike in the field have to run the same Honda engine. I feel the 125's are next on the chopping block. At least MX has changed around some what for the better in the US. At the local level that is. What do the rest of you all think about this? 

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: For all the Road Racing fans, no more 250GP
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:30:58 AM »
This ticks me off, I loved the 250GP bikes so much. There replacing the 250's with Moto2 with Honda 600cc engines. And I mean every bike in the field have to run the same Honda engine. I feel the 125's are next on the chopping block. At least MX has changed around some what for the better in the US. At the local level that is. What do the rest of you all think about this? 
its against everything that makes people interested in racing.Keep the 250 class and go it alone it can only survive with the support of the people.Honda will kill its support in the end. 

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
Hey, just wondering, are these 125's and 250's two stroke engines, because I just can't imagine a 125 four stroke to be able to go that fast, sorry, I just don't really follow road racing much, and if the 125 class is four strokes, do they use cbr 125's to do so, or Kawasaki ninja 250's, because, I just can't believe that these gutless machines could go so fast
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »
125GP is still going to be a single cylinder two-stroke class for now. :) The 250GP was a twin cylinder two-stroke class, but now their going to Moto 2 with 600cc four strokes. And, their all going to modified CBR600 engines with 150 hp. If Dorna (the company that own the rights to MotoGP) does change the 125gp class to four strokes, they will likely be 250cc. For more info you should check out MotoGP's website.