Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Factory Connection on a YZ250  (Read 5744 times)

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
Factory Connection on a YZ250
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »
Anyone do the factory connection mods to an 06 or newer YZ250? I am giving my 08 a top end, clutch, bearings, and tires to bring it back to top stock performance. The only mods I want are any way to make the excellent suspention even better. I want even better absortion of big hits like over jumping (yeah, I kinda suck at judging some these days so I rely on the suspention to make up for it) and better action on square edge stuff. No complaints about stock, It's the best I ever had. Just thinking what if I could make it even better. Riding type is some MX and fast trails and woods riding. MX setting are what I use in the woods unless there are a lot of rocks and roots. Any info is appreciated.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Factory Connection on a YZ250
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:44 PM »
On my stock 06 cr125, I changed the fork springs myself and  added 2.5 suringes of oil in each fork leg,not sure if you can do that without special tools like my bike. Factory Connection did my mod bike, the forks  are  much stiffer valving, Setup VET top 3 expert, top 5 250a for 2 laps,haha then fade, setup for clay whoops  that,s the hardest valving to do and they did a great job. The owner,s kid rides a CR125 also, so I,m sure that helps.

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:47:20 PM »
The guys at Factory Connection do a TON of work with the National Enduro and GNCC guys, they are the best in the business at off-road suspension.  Best mod you can do to your bike is to have your suspension tailored to your riding style and terrain.  Give them a call!!

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 08:18:06 AM »
RG3 Did my suspenders, I was fortunate enough to get their DIAMOND KIT. I have installed a ton of those "golden do it yourself kits" This beats them ten fold! On my first ride pinning it through the gears across the hay field, every time the front end started to come up the bike would drop and "hunker down" simply amazing!!
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
Please send me your Diamond kit and I will try it out. ;D
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »
Sorry msambuco I saved upped my money for over a year to get the Diamond Kit. It cost over half off what my bike cost new, I got the tripple clamp complete as well. I will testify that it was worth every penny. I have a huge jump on top of a hill and you land on the down slope. Everyone that has "nutted up" lands and bounces another ten feet before they hook up again.The first time I hit it with the Diamond set up the bike just took the hit and the suspension slowly came back to level no bounce! Now I understand why the pro's can go so fast its not the motor its the suspension. maybe the motor to. I proudly fly the RG3 flag at my house.
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
Everything is boxed up and heading to F.C. tomorrow. I am still undecided about the DLC fork tube coating but getting revalve and some other goodies. I can't wait to see how big an improvement I get. If all goes well the first place I will try it is the sand whooped trails and tight woods sections at Croom riding area (FL).  I am not so good at MX anymore but I go very fast at Croom so that will be the test. For those who may be interested I will post after a few rides any improvements.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 07:09:54 PM »
Bike is all back together. No DLC fork coating but I got eveything else perormance wise (no cosmetic goodies, they slow me down). First ride will be Hardrock in Ocala FL this Saturday. They have a fast main track with big air stuff, an average type of hardpack track and a whooped out sand track. I hope this works out to be an amazing suspention. My limitations on checking this out is my two boys on their KX65 and KX85. Gotta keep them running before I get to play. And then theres Momma, you know what happens if she's not happy.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
Nice let us know how it rides, I will be sending mine to FC as well over the winter.

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 08:44:18 AM »
My "winter" is now over since I live in FL. i usually hit the trails for the first few weeks of riding before riding tracks. This was my first ride in almost 8 months and I went MX riding so my riding was very crappy until the last few rides of the day. My goal was to inprove the best traits of an excellent suspention and my biggest fear was that I would screw up something that was not broken. FC bumped up my spring rates so I really did not know what to expect. To my pleasant suprise the stiffer springs felt the same as the softer ones once I got the sag set. The bike is still perfectly balanced and neutral handling. I found that at lower speeds (morning rusty rides) there is no noticable difference. As the day progressed and I picked up speed it seemed handle the choppy stuff better. Could be in my mind at this point. My last two runs confirmed that there is a great improvement. While the bike was always good in braking bumps I can now land hard into the turn in the worst bumps to run the line I want. Rather than avoid the nasty stuff I was having fun running hard right through it. The harder I ride the more the difference can be felt. If I ride a slow lap behing my son (KX85) the same bumps feel worse at slower speeds. I spent a little over $1000 including seals and oil whick both ends were due for. I got the bang for the buck I was looking for an improved an already great bike. Next step is the woods test.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »
Sweet, nice info Thanks!

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 06:15:38 AM »
Hey msambuco, I was just in Ocala for Xmas, hit the Forest motorcycle loop on my recently overhauled 07 KX250. I live up in Pensacola, if you're ever headed up this way give me a shout, I know of a few sweet riding spots. And we have  a few local Harescrambles throughout the year.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.