Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Steel City  (Read 8664 times)

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
Steel City
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »
IS anyone on here going to Steel City, I am going with my buddy who is trying to qualify in the 450 class ( on a 450 ).

John you will be there I assume???

I plan to come over to Projecttwo50 tent Friday and rap with all you guys for a while, and check out Mike's bike then when you arent looking grab it and leave, HAHA.

Ill be easy to spot, giant fat ass, beard, glasses, balding hair, horrible limp, with a twostrokemotocross.com shirt on!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
Re: Steel City
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:32:38 PM »
It would be great if someone could ask around the pro pits what they think of the rule change (stay from DC though, he is poison). This would help when we do a follow up with the AMA.

Thanks,

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:56:57 PM »
We are planning to go unless something unforeseen comes up. Guess I'll wear my TSM shirt too so it's easier to be recognized by any other board members.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
Cool, Ill be around my buddy all day, might end up being his mechanic, lol

But yeah I dont need the shirt to notice me, LOL

I was hoping to be racing it, but guess not.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
Sorry guys, but Project Two 50 will not be at Steel City....

With all the damage done to the bike, getting the parts, putting the bike together and then driving out to Western PA, it's just all too much.

Although I must say that my wife is happy, because Sunday is our anniversary and now I'll be home. This change will keep me out of the dog house....  :P :P

I'm really sorry that I won't be able to make it out to meet all the members of this forum that I feel are now my friends. Made worse that Mike and the bike won't be there.

Please take some photos of you guys in your TSM t-shirts... we can post it on the main site!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
Guess I am not getting those 125 parts then...LOL  ;D (just kidding).

I actually kind of figured you guys wouldn't be there with all that has happened lately.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 08:34:32 PM »
DEVASTATED - COMPLETELY DEVASTATED.

Where to from here. Please inform us here ASAP
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:01:33 AM »
That sucks John, I was hoping to meet you guys!

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »
I think that is actually the smart choice, yall have spent alot of money on this season. Will there be a project 250 for 2011 nats? Or it might be 300 if burn can get it passed.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 02:32:51 AM »
I was planning on going, but I have decided toi spend the day dodging trees on some nice single track with some MX laps thrown in for good measure.  Due to a busy schedule, I don't get much ride time, so  I'm planning to make up for lost time Saturday.
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 07:58:15 AM »
I think that is actually the smart choice, yall have spent alot of money on this season. Will there be a project 250 for 2011 nats? Or it might be 300 if burn can get it passed.

Man, hopefully! Thanks for the hope and support!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »
So sorry guys... this has been a real bummer for me.

The worst part is that I missed getting to meet some of you folks that frequent the forum.

Hey Coop... Somehow we'll get together so I can give you those parts!! Maybe we could meet somewhere halfway?

As for the future of Project Two 50, at this time I can not give you a good answer. Although I know for sure that should it continue that I will no longer be a major part of it. This project cost me an enormous amount of time, energy and money. What I invested in it doesn't even come close to what Mike has contributed.

There may be some great news on the horizon for the two stroke fans though.. as soon as I can publish this news I will do so.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 05:11:20 AM »

Ill be easy to spot, giant fat ass, beard, glasses, balding hair, horrible limp, with a twostrokemotocross.com shirt on!

It sounds like you represent the typical two stroke demographic perfectly motomike 8) :D

Sorry to hear about project 250.Hopefully it continues and you can still manage to have a part in it John.I still vote for it hitting the Canadian series next year-then I can watch it on TV here.If you decide to end it,can I have the bike? :D ;)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:14:09 AM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 05:33:35 AM »
this becomes the perfect example of how insurmountable the odds of racing a competitive 2 stroke are. lets face it - with no development work in years, with a lopsided displacement disadvantage, with tracks designed ill-suited to work in its favor, and with all those in power doing their best to keep it down, its simply not possible to field a competitive 2 stroke bike

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 05:58:33 AM »
hey john,
that's sad to hear you cannot be part of project two50 in the future. It could have been a great thing, making a massive difference worldwide. really promoting the two stroke at the very top level. but can definitely understand the hurdles you have to overcome. especially the financial ones in the current climate. hopefully you have something much bigger and better in the pipeline.
 :D
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!