Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Helmet Camera Discussion  (Read 3058 times)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Helmet Camera Discussion
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:22:20 PM »
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but I just bought myself a VholdR ContourHD helmet camera.  It's sitting on my desk right now, complete with 8GB MicroSD memory and 720p recording capability.  Now, technically, I can't use this thing for riding until I actually get a change to go riding, but that doesn't keep it from being kick-ass!

Anyone else have a camera, or thinking about getting one sometime?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Helmet Camera Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »
Jetz - you shouldn't let a thing like snow get in the way of using your new camera!! Mount it on a hat a go for a trip through the local mall, food market or Best Buy!!

Extra points for making motorcycle sounds as you do it!! LOL
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:09:01 AM »
I did actually film my commute to work today.  It was night-time and I had to just hold the camera in my hand (didn't have time to mount on dashboard; didn't want to scrape adhesive off dashboard, either).  If it turns out decently, which I question because of this thing's low-light reputation, I might post it.

EDIT:
Just watched the video.  It turned out quite badly.  Just a bunch of headlights floating around in a black void, with the car instruments sort of hanging about near the bottom of the frame.  You get to hear some of my idle chatter (for example, I passed a place called "Alzheimer's Residence" and commented that Mr. Alzheimer must live there.)  Other than that, there's not much that's interesting.  I'll try again in daylight; maybe see if I can fashion a way to mount it on my Autodesk hat.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:33:14 AM by JETZcorp »

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Recovered

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »
That is the very same camera I'm looking to buy. I'm worried about 2 things. Picture quality and battery life. And mounting. I don't particularly want it on my helmet, and my bars are not conducive to mounting a camera.

Keep us posted.;

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:35:53 PM »
Battery life is claimed to be 2-4 hours.  I bought an extra one when I ordered it on Amazon.  If you're not going to mount it on your helmet or bars, then where?  Fender or something?

Do you feel lucky, punk?