Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Coop Or John?  (Read 4242 times)

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
Coop Or John?
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
Hey guys I was just wondering why my posts have "Quote","Modify"and "Remove" above them and not above anybody else's?

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Or John?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:37:51 PM »
Hey guys I was just wondering why my posts have "Quote","Modify"and "Remove" above them and not above anybody else's?

the modify is easy, you are the only one who should be able to modify your post. Same with remove. Admins probably have all those options and then some
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »

the modify is easy, you are the only one who should be able to modify your post. Same with remove. Admins probably have all those options and then some
Thanks Riff.Maybe I'm being a little paranoid but I've never seen remove above my post before & I already got a warning from John"along with a few others"about some negative post.However I was'nt the ONLY one who put up a couple of let me just say "opinionated"post.
 I certainetly did NOT mean to offend anyone but I myself was a bit offended about a blogger posting negative things about me and some others on the site.Next time I feel that way I'll just let it ride & keep my opinions to myself! I do not want to get booted from TSM.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
Yes you are being paranoid  ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »
Just because you think you're being paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you  8)
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »
I've used the modify button so many times it's ridiculous.  It's that damn proof-reading habit.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 05:16:59 AM »
You can only see those, they are for you correct or remove your own posts. As a mod I have those above everybody's. However, I will not remove or edit someone's post without pm'ng them to explain why I did it. In some cases if I am cleaning up an entire thread I will just make a post.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:18:42 AM by Coop »
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »
I guess PARANOIA WILL DESTROY YA......... :o  ???  :-\  ;D

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:12:20 AM »
In today's world paranoia is a good thing, you never know who's out to "bleep" you. :-X

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 01:19:56 PM »
The only reason for the talk about being booted was that there are so few rules on this message board. They are really easy to follow.... they are in a nut shell...

BE RESPECTFUL

I know that that is a simple rule which can be misunderstood if someone tries, but they way I see it is having your opinion is fine as long as you do not Bash, Curse, put down or otherwise berate another member of the board.

The warning was to all that got involved with the decidedly brutal attacks of each other.

I know that joking and sarcasm can be misunderstood using the written word, which is why it's sometimes difficult to make a joke. But it can be done.

Thank you one and all for your continued support of this simple rule.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!