Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Possible closure of millions more acres to off-highway riding  (Read 5330 times)

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Possible closure of millions more acres to off-highway riding
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:28:24 PM »
Aw hell, here we go again.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 08:11:04 AM »
I believe we all have to be more active or as active as possible in keeping our rights to ride off-road & quit frankly I can hardly wait come elections to go vote againts all the bureaucrats currently raping our Constitutional Rights and I'm about due to send a letter or e-mail my local congressmen and other local government officials to tell them how I feel about land rights among a plethora of other subjects! It certainetly won't be my first time I've sent letters and/or e-mailed different government officials about the things I disagree with.... >:(

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 08:17:17 AM »
Apathy is going to ruin our sport. I see many bills like this where we all get fired up over. But how many do anything? It's easy to write letters, even email our senators and congressmen now days. But so few do it. Everyone assumes someone else is doing it. Guess what? They're not. Get off your asses and get involved. Days of Super Hunky and the Phantom Duck are over.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
Apathy is going to ruin our sport. I see many bills like this where we all get fired up over. But how many do anything? It's easy to write letters, even email our senators and congressmen now days. But so few do it. Everyone assumes someone else is doing it. Guess what? They're not. Get off your asses and get involved. Days of Super Hunky and the Phantom Duck are over.
I agree with you Coop.If everyone on this site just took the time to write or e-mail their Congressman and Senators especially right before voting time it's possible they just might get the hint and remember that it's "We The People"that put them in their positions of power!

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »
Wow. This is really starting annoy me. USA = GAY

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 07:53:49 AM »
Is'nt that SICKENING FactoryX.....!!! As I've said in the past just another liberal judge raping the constitution... >:(

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »
I belong to Gun Owners of America, and they do a fantastic job of letting their members know when bills are pending that will affect gun rights.  They send out e-mails with a link to their site that contains a pre-written letter (it can be modified also) that can be directly e-mailed to your Representative or Senator - State or Federal.  It takes less than 2 minutes to do it, so even the laziest slob can handle it.  We need something like this!!  I know the AMA does it through their website, but not frequently enough, and only at the Federal level, nothing state or local.  I tried posting their alerts on a local Maine dirtbike website, but not many people seemed to care....

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
I did one last year and the site I posted has prewritten letters for things.  I did get a reply from the congress guy or whoever in my state it was I sent it to and he basically just said thanks, but I support removing the trails.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 11:23:02 AM »
I belong to Gun Owners of America, and they do a fantastic job of letting their members know when bills are pending that will affect gun rights.  They send out e-mails with a link to their site that contains a pre-written letter (it can be modified also) that can be directly e-mailed to your Representative or Senator - State or Federal.  It takes less than 2 minutes to do it, so even the laziest slob can handle it.  We need something like this!!  I know the AMA does it through their website, but not frequently enough, and only at the Federal level, nothing state or local.  I tried posting their alerts on a local Maine dirtbike website, but not many people seemed to care....
I agree with that MXLord327 and I am a NRA member and they send me alot of pre-written letters to sign and send to the anti-gun Senators and Congreemen & it would be GREAT if we could set something up like that to send our opinions to the AMA. I don't know how well they would listen to our opinions but if enough people were able to state their opinions I think it would eventually help.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 01:21:08 PM »
The NRA has a lot of money they fund into lobbysts and they basically own politicans.  Unfortunately, I don't think the AMA has anywhere near as much power as the NRA.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »
You can thank ass hats like the guy this post is about
http://twostrokemotocross.com/forum/index.php?topic=978.0
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 05:11:37 AM »
Yeah, just LOOK at all the damage that illegal off-roaders have done to the environment.  It's disgraceful.

And then, look at the beautiful Utopian wonderland that's created by the people closing off the area.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:40:33 PM by JETZcorp »

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 04:08:12 PM »
Good point Jetzcorp, but those trails look look like maintained legal forest trails to me.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.