Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Jd Jetting kit  (Read 11733 times)

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Jd Jetting kit
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 08:26:49 PM »
Well I'm nervous about doing it myself. And like I said time is a problem here. It would be great to find a smoker veteran I can get to my house to help me out  :)

Offline sidewayskid

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »
Be happy to help. I live in CA.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 05:15:01 AM »
Be happy to help. I live in CA.

I've offered help too, but unfortunately Braap257 is in Florida.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 10:36:55 PM »
    It may take some diligence reading a service manual, and it may be boring.  One day the light will come on and you'll say what the heck was so hard about that!
   But just like anything else in life you are only gonna get out of it what you put into it.!!

Start Here: http://members.cox.net/bostonbrothersracing/General%20Boston%20Brothers%20Stuff/tuning/2stroke%20tuning.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Motocross-Off-Road-Performance-Handbook-Motorbooks/dp/0760319758/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

http://www.amazon.com/Motocross-Off-Road-Motorcycle-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0760335966/ref=pd_sim_b_6

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/boostajetski/carburetor_tuning.html

Tuck\o/

Jetting search TSM :  http://twostrokemotocross.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

Offline Ready2rise

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »
Im not necessarily looking into this kit, but i have an issue with my 2003 kx 250. Yesterday i took her out and ran her up the street for a short period of time. Actually, i just bought her yesterday morning for i believe a really good deal. She started and ran awesome. I will admit this is my first 2t ever so i do not know much about them. Ive been a street bike guy for many years and have recently gotten into moto. Anyways, this morning, which by the way its about 35 and below here in st louis mo. i started her and she immediately died. I checked to see if the fuel was on and indeed it was choke was pulled up, ready to go. Did the same thing after like 15 kicks. played with the choke more and admittedly im just spoiled by fuel injection and dont really know what im touching lol. I did get her to start and run but once i put her in gear she stalled. Thats when i discovered i had the choke still on or in the compressed/down position. Cool, i take her up the street again today and shes not pulling like she was the day before...in any gear. full throttle makes it worse. Also, shes smoking pretty bad and basically spitting black oil out the silencer and is actually running down the under side of it. Its all over my rear fender as well. But even after that she starts first kick and runs at idle well. Did i just screw something up with the choke or what? Any help would be appreciated? Sorry, bout the length and punctuation just trying to give as many details as possible from what i observed. will post pics soon also!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
How old is the fuel ?
If its not fresh biff it and start again.
If the motor has a lung full of old gas you need to try and clear it out.
Best way i have found is to run it through the gears short shifting it and roll the throttle on.
It should clear it self after 30 seconds or so.
If not you may have a carb issue.
Problem with SH bikes you never know what the previous guy did. :(
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »
The choke is on in the up position and off in down/compressed position. At the base of the choke knob is a brass plunger with a rubber seal and when you lift the choke knob you are unseating the rubberseal and bringing the choke/enriching circuit into play.Like TMKIWI suggested,let her warm up and then run her hard thru the gears a few times to clean the excess fuel out of the motor.It might be time for a new sparkplug as well.

Hang in there with that twostroke and you'll find that the KX is actually not that finicky at all.My two stroke chainsaw hasn't had a new plug in over ten years and fires up with a few pulls every fall - just in time to cut a mountain of firewood, yippee!

Offline Ready2rise

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »
Hmm...ok well here's the issue I ran across before I thought o had it all figured out.  When I had the choke in the down position (off?) It ran fine but once I selected a gear (1 or 2) it stalled instantly? Any clue why it did this?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
Wet clutches don't like cold weather. In cold weather I roll my bike as I put it in gear until the transmission oil is warmed up.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »
I always recommend when getting a used bike to rebuild/clean the carb, compression test, new plug, check the reeds,clean the filter and change the trans oil.
This way you can check everything out for yourself, and get to know your bike. Never listen to what the seller said. :)

Offline Ready2rise

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
well i didnt expect it to be in perfect condition, i mean the bike was only 1600 bucks.  But the ride i took on it was great and i didnt have that buyers bug thingy where excitement got the best of me.  when i say it started shifted and felt great (suspension) i mean it. no leaks or anything. it was my own dumb fault with the problems i had because today after taking it out and doing what was listed above it hauls ass again! but ill definitely keep that in mind on future used purchases!

Offline Ready2rise

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 08:27:26 PM »
Tidy looking bike for a 03. ;D
Have fun.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline graham472

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »
Look's in pretty good nick, doesn't look like it's done much work.
Top deal for 1600

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »
Looks like you got a good deal. :)