Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Supercross Anaheim 1, Unexpected Battle!  (Read 8921 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Supercross Anaheim 1, Unexpected Battle!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »
Did anyone notice that the commercial for the rest of the series used the sound of Two Stroke motorcycles?
Ya, I noticed that as well, the bike companies aren't dumb, they know the true sound of motocross, this was also the case with the movie supercross, they had a four stroke bike, but, it was a two stroke sound.

WHat about Transformers 2 with a two stroke cbr 600rr! LOL
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »
Yes,

I did notice that... I thought it was cool, but kind of strange at the same time...

They aren't stupid... Advertisers that is... They understand that a gate full of 2 Strokes just sounds really exciting! It taps into the "fight or flight" reflex the way the sound of an angry swarm of bees does! Whether or not you love it the way we do, it will grab your attention, and that's what they want. Who knows? Maybe they used a focus group study.

Excitement has been sorely absent from the sound of motocross as of late I think. Maybe (I'm/we're) not the the only one who feels that way!

I guess "Flatulent Herd" sound doesn't wash with extreme sports fans the way "Angry Bee" sound does...

No surprise there, but it's tough to keep your tastes calibrated when you have a gang of multi national corporate conglomerations painting all the murals on all the walls of an entire sport.

See, I knew "I/We" wasn't crazy.

Thanks,

Jim  
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »
Villopoto had a cold according to some of the mainstream mx-websites
He may have had one, but, he still disappointed me even last year.
he won two SX races last year (on 450's) and the blew everyone away at Glen Helen before he destroyed his knee. i think he will come around.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 07:59:12 AM by admiral »

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »
Welcome admiral!!

Glad to have you on board!

Agreed, Villipoto rode really well last year. One bad race does not a racer make. If at the end of the year he does not live up to expectations, then we can talk.. about disappointment. For now let's enjoy the racing.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Recovered

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 07:25:44 AM »
He also dominated SX before he was hurt. He hasn't looked good since going to the 450.

He looked good in MX because Alessi is a bigger disappointment. IMHO, RV still doesn't have the speed of JBS or RC (if he was racing today). And that's they hype he gets.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »
I know it's off-topic, but we got a Wii system for Christmas (Thank you Santa!) which is the first video game I've owned since Pong! Picked up the MX vs. ATV game only because it has two-stroke sounds for the bikes!!

By the way I suck at it!!! :P :P

No big deal John,you likely just have yourself set up on a CR.Change to a Yam or TM and you'll be winning in no time ;D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
Hey Ford..... just how do you change the bike???  ??? ???
Life is short.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 03:35:42 AM »
Actually,I haven't the faintest idea as I've never played it You'd have to ask someone about half my age :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 04:40:56 AM »
Actually,I haven't the faintest idea as I've never played it You'd have to ask someone about half my age :D

How true!!

It's actually pretty funny to attempt this when you are a video game beginner... I've accidentally jumped into the stands, crash landed on everything surrounding the track, ridden the wrong way on the track (none of this on purpose) I end up rolling on the floor laughing my ass off!!

I'll probably never be very good at it, because I will never play it everyday, but when I play it I have a great time.
Life is short.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
Hey Ford..... just how do you change the bike???  ??? ???
Well, there is no brand name dirt bikes in this game, although, you can switch the colours, and switch between 2 stroke and four, and if you put in the cheat"YOUGOTIT" you unlock everything, which allows you to race the lites bike, and in this game it is a 125 and it just sounds so sweet
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »
Hey Hondacrrider, how do you "put" in the cheat?? I love the sound of 125cc two-strokes!!
Life is short.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »
Hey Hondacrrider, how do you "put" in the cheat?? I love the sound of 125cc two-strokes!!
Ok, you go to options under the main menu, you look for cheats, or cheat codes, I forget what it is called, and then, when it allows you to type in the cheat, type it in with NO spaces
I'd rather be riding...