Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: FINALLY, an industry insider (GP MEchanic) drops the Honda bomb. Straight up.  (Read 16004 times)

Recovered

Listen to this interview.  the guy is a GP mechanic and works with the Redbull rookies (series for equally prepared KTM 125 roadracers that runs in conjunction with MotoGP) and completely drops the Honda bomb.  Great.  His English is sketchy but he says

"people think the Japanese want it, but it is not true. That's something HONDA WANTS."

"They wanted motocross to go all fourstroke, but look... the pros are all fourstroke, but the amateurs are two-stroke."  (god damn right)

What's your opinion Suzuki TS250/175?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
This is sort of making a point about Japanese business tactics/warfare. It's do or die, their way or the highway.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline teampryor

• View Profile
This has been common knowledge since 2007. Yet, people still buy things that say Honda on them, even I have a Honda powered pressure washer.  :o

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
I know guys on mx teams, mechanics, drivers, and managers. There opionion is no different than a regular joe at a local track. The 27 yr old in the video even said it,s his opinion, big deal. What has been going on in America the last few years, is all epa clean air act bs, it,s very complex, far to many details to get into it. I,m surprised we don,t have to pay a polution tax,for owning a 2-st.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Dirt bikes are such a tiny amount of pollution it's just silly to bother restricting two strokes. A bunch of guys in politics are sitting on their hands thinking of ways to show the public how green they are. Hey lets start with those stupid dirt bikers.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
That guy is a legend. And hes absolutely right.

Did anyone know that when a volcano erupts it pumps out more CO2 into the atmosphere in one hour than Australia does in one DAY. thats EVERYTHING in Australia. So yeah all those years of trying to save the polar bears by switching out the light? They don't feel the difference but thats just cos the amount of pollution humanity causes is insignificant compared to the amount that earth does itself. Global Warming is nothing more than a bullshit play constructed by Governments so they can introduce their emmisions taxes. But we really should stop chopping trees down...

An entire season of professional two stroke motocrossers puts out less pollution than one day of NASCAR racing

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile

Did anyone know that when a volcano erupts it pumps out more CO2 into the atmosphere in one hour than Australia does in one DAY. thats EVERYTHING in Australia. So yeah all those years of trying to save the polar bears by switching out the light? They don't feel the difference but thats just cos the amount of pollution humanity causes is insignificant compared to the amount that earth does itself. Global Warming is nothing more than a bullshit play constructed by Governments so they can introduce their emmisions taxes. But we really should stop chopping trees down...

An entire season of professional two stroke motocrossers puts out less pollution than one day of NASCAR racing

those volcanoes form part of the equilibruim that was the carbon cycle: prior to the modern human civilization. it doesnt count :P

you've been sucked into the anti climate change propaganda, no different to the 4T propaganda.

the earth did just fine without us for a billion years; volcanoes and all.

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile

Haven't you heard the latest. Dinosaurs killed themselves with Methane gas due to flatulance. Yea, OK. Some scientists are complete I D ten T's...(Idiots). LOL they farted themselves to death.
If you want cheap & fast, it won't be good.
If you want cheap & good, it won't be fast.
If you want good & fast, it won't be CHEAP

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
Global Warming is nothing more than a bullshit play constructed by Governments so they can introduce their emmisions taxes. But we really should stop chopping trees down...

He's a mechanic in a race series nothing more. Wonder what happens to the 500,000,000 tonnes of coal we export every year. I doubt you have been around long enough to remember what winter used to be like. NASCAR's would be definantly tuned so their BSFC is at the point where the engine spends most of it's time at. Bikes do't use much petrol but the team transporters do as do Winnebagoes that fans drive. No problems because we'l all have TFH's to protect us.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
I wonder how Honda's North American motorcycle division is doing these days?I can only think of one person I know that still rides a Honda offroad (CRF450) but at least 4 Maicos,4 Husqvarnas and the list goes on.When it comes to street bikes - not one - but lots of big BMW dualsports.To me,in my area,there seems to be a disconnect between what Honda offers and what riders want.

Recovered

The 2013 Honda 450 is not going to go over well.  I'm calling it now.  This Honda is the next "backwards motor Yamaha". 

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile

those volcanoes form part of the equilibruim that was the carbon cycle: prior to the modern human civilization. it doesnt count :P

you've been sucked into the anti climate change propaganda, no different to the 4T propaganda.

Theres a couple of major differences between you and me bud.

1.) I don't come onto a forum and start throwing accusations and start arguments left right and centre.

2.) I don't make a statement as bold as the one above without doing extensive research and maths to back it up.

3.) I can actually do the maths to back it up.

Don't tell me what I have and haven't been sucked into. You're welcome to disagree but start telling me about myself and I start getting dirty

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile

1.) I don't come onto a forum and start throwing accusations and start arguments left right and centre.

2.) I don't make a statement as bold as the one above without doing extensive research and maths to back it up.

Don't tell me what I have and haven't been sucked into. You're welcome to disagree but start telling me about myself and I start getting dirty

I gotta see this math. Please share.

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile

1. Stating a difference in opinion is not an argument, you've just chosen to make it one

2. Im a Civil engineer and I specialize in environmental engineering.

3. Why do the maths? Its all been done before and published as peer reviewed scientific literature.

4. nobody likes being told they've been suckered into something, reality hurts sometimes.

5. its only you and your friend who I pick on, and only when you make absolutely absurd statements. I don't think anyone else on here has been scalded. nor do I expect them to as they are significantly more rational in comparison.

have a nice day.

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile