Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: I have been a lurker on the forum and have a question?  (Read 5875 times)

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
Re: I have been a lurker on the forum and have a question?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »
Just because something looks like crap, doesn't mean it drives/rides like crap. I mean look at the Porsche 911 turbo ( ;D ).
As for what categories of people to aim for, here are 4 groups:

1. Assholes - They talk so much Sh!t, that their hair is clotted with it, drive Honda civics, and probably ride 4 strokes.

2. Bro's - People that wear semi tight jeans, ride 4 strokes(never mind half of them can't ride), have a debit card to their parents bank account, covered from head to toe with brand logo's like Fox, DC, DVS, Vans, or Monster, and have fetish for lifted trucks and rap music.

3. Hipster's - Girl jeans, lame music, liberal point of view, and their only source of transportation are fixed geared bicycles...

4. Normal people - Wear normal clothing(to some extent), drive normal vehicles (to some extent), and aren't easily persuaded by mass media and other people.  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:13:29 PM by factoryX »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »
 ;D
I am a 4.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 08:23:18 PM »
A lot of people don't know about this mod, but if you put the front fender on backwards, you can fly
Didn't work.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 07:01:10 AM »
I am a 4, however I have been know to wear my Alpinestars hat and T shirt on the same day. :/
Not likely to happen again though, since I accepted my AXO sponsorship, I have hung up the Astars gear.
(But i still wear my Vectors to practice in :) )
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Zuendapp

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »
i don't think you guys are getting his post.  He is basically saying that magazines are helping push this whole 2 stroke thing, by saying things that don't mean much on the track, but do push people away from buying something.  Like saying the plastic is old looking etc.  But his point is that, plastic doesn't mean anything on lap times, but they persuade readers that it does kind of, by saying if it looks old, it must not be as fast.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:31:30 PM by Zuendapp »

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »
I think the categories are too broad and I don't think there is such a thing as "normal ppl".  Everyone is abnormal to some group of people :)

I think it is incorrect to think that ppl aren't swayed when a magazine states "Dated old plastics, etc." as Miedosoracing stated.  Majority of young ppl I bet would just eat that up and some would just be ignorant to the fact and not know otherwise.  

Advertising and marketing works on vast majority and I'm sure it's worked on everyone on this board at some point, maybe not with all snake oil but there are things otherwise no one would spend millions doing it.  

Negative statements like those do get through to some ppl because people will also read beyond what's stated.  "Oh, the technology is old and outdated.  Oh the shocks and suspension must also be outdated it says the plastics are".  Truthfully, there is NO reason to make ANY statement about the plastic, it's not like plastic technology has changed in the last 10 years that it makes any difference what so ever.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »
I guess, it was kind of a joke.
As for out dated plastics, is there really such a thing?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
What irks me is that the Ancillotti is called "weird",exotic yes,unique yes,new yes but "weird " no!

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »
I couldn't agree more."Oh, it doesn't look like a jap bike, so lets call it weird."

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
the good thing about the yamaha plastic is that you can get custom graphics kits for it with out having to send the company abunch of paper cutouts of the panels
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.