Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: I saw a good rumor about Honda on another website.  (Read 17342 times)

Offline overthebars

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: I saw a good rumor about Honda on another website.
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline travis.hudson.77

• View Profile
I saw a good rumor about Honda on another website.
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »
Heard from a credible source that this may indeed be true. 2014 model. I have my fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:41 PM »
Heard from a credible source that this may indeed be true. 2014 model. I have my fingers crossed!
That would be sensational ;)
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Sheriff

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »
Who is this "credible source" ?

Offline travis.hudson.77

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
Let's just say, he see's and ride things before the public does. Whether they come too light every time is another story, but they say it's coming.

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »
It seem's honda has a policy of saving face. If they change something on a bike like a 5 speed transmission and it turn's out a 6 speed is better they woun't go to the 6 speed because it makes them look bad. I think alittle different if the 6 speed is better and you don't switch to the 6 speed you're to caught up in image.Beside's if you go by their thinking we would all ride a 125cr with a 23 inch front wheel. If a company tries something and it's better than it was good, but if the original way turn's out better to not go back is stupid.

Honda say's it's a 4$ company and to save face they can't return to 2s. If their smart they'll stop that non-sense and build  kick butt 2stroke's. Too me that's how you save face. Correct a problem and move forward. I wish honda would just build carburated 2stroke's that work. I know that's possible not so sure of efi or di. It seem's efi on 4$ did'nt really make them better. If something not broke don't fix it!!!!!    KIM

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 06:07:30 PM »
It seem's honda has a policy of saving face. If they change something on a bike like a 5 speed transmission and it turn's out a 6 speed is better they woun't go to the 6 speed because it makes them look bad.

That's completely true with Honda and always has been.It's happened many times over on their bikes,street and dirt.
Honda will never make another 2t dirt bike,it's just that simple.End of discussion. :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »
Not quite completely true....

Honda entered motocross kicking and screaming (at least the founder was not happy about it) with a two stroke bike that the corporate policy was dead set against in 1972.

Also, they really pushed their own four stroke version of a GP 500cc bike to compete against all the RG's and OW's of the day. It failed and then they brought out a two stroke, agian while holding their noses so to speak.

So they try to adhere to the 4T line but when necessary they have broken from that -- so I guess you are right. To save face (they don't like getting beat at racing).

So with the 4T handicap in MX then honda will not bring back a two stroke. BUT if the rules AT THE TOP are changed they sure as heck will if their offerings are no longer competitive. Of course the corollary is that Honda will do what they can to keep the 4T handicap in place.

It seem's honda has a policy of saving face. If they change something on a bike like a 5 speed transmission and it turn's out a 6 speed is better they woun't go to the 6 speed because it makes them look bad.

That's completely true with Honda and always has been.It's happened many times over on their bikes,street and dirt.
Honda will never make another 2t dirt bike,it's just that simple.End of discussion. :)
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »
Honda, despite being one of the most successful motor companies in the world, still act like a teenager. Once they say something, they'll beligerently stick to their guns no matter what. Oh wait, no they don't!! In 1972 they said they would never jump on the two stroke bandwagon, then as we all know, in 1973, they dropped the 250 elisnore. Raise your hands if you don't think that bike was a classic? Yeah I thought so :D

Honda is a company, they will sell what the market wants. As a big arse company, they will also manipulate the market into buying what they want to sell. All the Japanese manufacturers LOVE four strokes. Who the hell wouldn't? They don't suffer for the 2 year old models still sitting on the showroom floor at the dealers. The bikes you see in the dealers aren't being sold by Kawasaki, or Honda, they're being sold by the dealer who bought them off the factory. Then, after 40 hours of hard racing on a 250F, these expensive bikes are back in for an 1800 dollar  top end rebuild. That would probably be around $100 profit for Kawasaki if they went genuine.

All the companies are making so much more money off of the four strokes, it would be stupid to tear down their carefully constructed market web by telling the world that their bikes suck. They will milk this four stroke market dry before they release their two strokes which they no doubt have locked up in their vaults. As we've all seen at the motocross track and enduro circuit, its swinging back in the two stroke direction because people decided to stop swallowing the four stroke BS. Now its just a matter of time.

Offline vetman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 11:47:44 PM »
well guys we can live and hope ,im biased but go buy a tm ,honda style frame,a few honda internals and blingy to heck,but if we look into it more the japanese companies must be getting worried at the sea of orange at offroad events and trail rides ,all on there 300s and 250 smokers,theres got to be some alarm bells ringing ,alot of xcs enduros all i see are ktms,husabergs gasgas oh a few 4bangers to make up numbers.Mx is great and i love it but in the real world most are buying bikes for fun playing etc with the hard core crew racing .But whispers are whispers so great if it comes true.On direct injection and someone can correct me if im wrong back in 1992 i remember seeing a article in mxa about damon bradshaw doing some japanese mx and sx on a prototype yz250 alloy frame(more honda shape than present)which also had DI but i could be wrong the results were impressive evidently  lets cross our fingers

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 12:06:29 AM »
I know.
From all reports I have heard, they were crap as well. ;D

pretty good for what they were built for.

20,000km major rebuilds beats everything else from the era!
4 stroke tractability up hills etc

and mine puts out 50hp ;)

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 12:08:16 AM »
if it was comming out as a 2014 model, which is in 6-9 months we would have seen it at one of the motor shows.

its just rumours, just like the DI bergs and ktms I hear about every year!

even the OSSA's too!

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 12:14:13 AM »
OSSA's too!

...which makes me sad.  So promising, we'll see if they come through.

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 12:24:56 AM »
HERE IS THE RELIABLE SOURSE YOUR SPEAKING OF

PIMPLY FACE TEENAGE
VITAL MX

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/2014-honda-rumor,1225439?page=1

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 12:26:08 AM »
This post show's people want 2s cr's and other people want a rm or kx and the fact is 2s are suppost to be exempt from the epa because of their close course status. Then why is it ALWAY'S SAID we have to make 2s cleaner. 4S were given an advantage solely because they made less emission out the exhaust. Now if they use more oil through the transmission that's another story. Their much louder and i could go on knocking them but it's really beating a dead horse. Honda and the rest of them better get smart or get stuck with a bunch of bike's no one want's.

If all honda made was a cr125 it suit's me just fine. I don't give a crap about car's,suv's, atv's just 2s dirt bike's and here's where i hope honda read's this post. Make all that you sell and make it the best. Don't make to many of one thing while ignoring another. Make as many 2s's as desired same for 4$. If honda would build a 125 cr with a better powerband and a six-speed tranmission and put it in a 2007 frame people would buy them, same with a 250 cr. Do nothing more than fix the flawed motor and i bet those bike's would sell. I know some of you hate honda and some are die hard honda lover's but everyone should admit that 2s cr's are cool same as rm's and kx's.

One more thing to save face to me is not so much saying you were wrong but in this case building some killer 2s cr's. How many rider's would'nt love to see new 2s honda's or kawasaki. IT'S LONG OVER DUE. Hope i made that simple.. KIM