Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Favorite Bike  (Read 19632 times)

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Bike
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »
I like your idea TMKIWI but I also like Jetz idea with the Judas Prius...!  :) :D ;D :o

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
There was a guy i used to know who put a all alloy 302 chev into a mini with 4 wheel drive.
The motor was mid mounted and had 500hp on the dyno. >:D
I remember seeing him drive it around town doing burnouts.
The thing couldnt stay in a straight line, just wanted to spin out all the time. :P
Too short a wheel base.
Any way not sure what has happened to Mike, i have been out of the racing scene for a few years now.

P.S Yes it was road legal. ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »
Engine swaps seem to be popular, but the engine swap I had in mind wasn't actually a bike.  I dream of someday making the ultimate car that will piss off absolutely everybody.  I'll take a 2nd Generation Prius, and remove all the back seats and such.  Then, I'll take a hopped-up 426 Hemi, blown and set up as a really mean drag motor, and set that right in the middle of the Prius, with straight headers coming out through holes in the rear doors, and the supercharger sticking out the roof for intake.  Then I'll put some massive drag slicks on it, and just generally turn that thing into a 1/4-mile monster.

I call it, the Judas Prius!  Hippies will hate it because their beloved Prius is now getting 10 gallons to the mile.  The drag race crowd will hate it because their beloved 454 Chevelle just got axed by a Prius.  It's perfect!

LOL Jetz.. It is like pulling a trailer with a Ferrari!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 06:40:57 AM »
What's the point of having 500 horsepower if it can't even get two '80s Huskies over Mt. Hood?  And wouldn't it be bad-ass to show up at a motocross race in a Lamborghini Gallardo?

By the way, here's an interesting thing.  I decided to look up "Lamborghini" one day on Craigslist and found three for sale in the Portland area.  Then I looked up "Maico" and there were zero.  Looks like one is more exclusive than the other! :P

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 06:45:35 AM »
Mine........well,not mine,but wish it was mine.... ;D

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Features/2003/Manx_Norton/LHS_1024.jpg
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 07:03:03 AM »
By the way, here's an interesting thing.  I decided to look up "Lamborghini" one day on Craigslist

Anyone who owns a nice car, especially a low profile car like a Lamborghini, in Portland is an idiot (same with anyone owning a convertible).  Those cars are for areas where you have more constant weather and the area is flat.  Nice weather or the car will just be ruined in the winter.

When I lived in Miami, I walked out of a dive bar before and saw a yellow lamb. parked in front.  Lots of nice cars down there.  Same with boats tho, owning a boat up in the PNW seems ridiculous to me, the water is freezing!

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
Who did the work on this? Do you run pump or or race gas? What displacement is it? Does Stroker crank really make that much more difference?  JM racing , I  run 110 leaded, if the fuel is 1 week old you have to dump it, 144 or 151cc the engine builder is at Lorreta Lynns right now, so I have to wait till he back in Tx.,it,s only 7cc difference,doesn,t really matter. The stroker crank carries the power further,than a over bore,the crank is only 1mm up and 1mm down, there,s alot more compression braking, than a  stock bore ported motor. It,s alot quicker than a KTM 2011 150 with a  fmf pipe, the cr mod. motor hits  very hard and sharp in the lower mid then pulls  all the way to a sreaming top end. The cr motor  is a  big am. national motor, for races like L.L., the engine builder said it,s a racing engine built for racing, so  you can,t put big hours on the piston.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
Mine........well,not mine,but wish it was mine.... ;D

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Features/2003/Manx_Norton/LHS_1024.jpg

really nice! Look the old school triumph and Indian for some reasons..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:34:03 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »
I,m including my 06 CR125 also, stock except for a  PC silencer and a  Rad Valve which I  took apart and polished the internals, stock gearing, 110 leaded fuel, and an icat they work on the CR125  pretty good. I hit the closest local track today,because of servere storms in the area. My mod bike would over power the track  hard pack with loose powder on top, steep hils with  deep rain ruts. The 06 CR125  is  fun to ride, the rad valve and icat, make it run better, snappier,2nd gear corners it  carries the front wheel, ,seatbounce a little hill, in the air click 3RD pin it wide open, just touch ground and there,s a step up. There was no bikes on the track,everyone says it,s to  full of rain ruts,I  really like the 06  fun, handling is awesome, very reliable,etc. I forgot I put stiffer fork and shock springs in, added  a couple seringes  of oil in the forks,and polished the cartridge rod. On lap 2  my back popped off a small double,still laying on ice. A  servere storm  came threw  100 ft. trees where bent over, I grabbed my bike and got it next to my van, next I  was ready to  run to the equipment  for  cover, I  thought my G-20 Chevy van was going over. A  twister  took a  friends house down and the old school house that the track owned  down.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 03:20:15 AM »
I don't know what Portland's streets are like where you are, Opferman, but I would have no problems with a Lambo as long as there was a garage to put it in.  Might not be able to pull into some of the steeper McDonald's entrances, but if you've got a Lambo in the drive-thru instead of on the scenic roads in the gorge, you'd deserve to pay $30,000 for a new bumper.

As far as convertibles and boats, they still have their place here.  I spent most of my day today on my uncle's boat (with a 302 Ford motor, by the way) and it was very relaxing to cruise along the Willamette, gently listing port and starboard, and listening to the V-8 rumbling about four inches from my rib cage.  Yes the water was cold, and that's why I wasn't in it. :)  With that said, though, I couldn't see myself going boating more than once or twice a year, and dirt bikes are not only much easier to do year-round, but I think it's much more fun and certainly cheaper.  But I wouldn't mind a two-stroke jet-ski maybe someday, just for when we get one of those damn 105 degree days and the bike's got a blown shock or whatever.[/offtopic]

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »
Engine swaps seem to be popular, but the engine swap I had in mind wasn't actually a bike.  I dream of someday making the ultimate car that will piss off absolutely everybody.  I'll take a 2nd Generation Prius, and remove all the back seats and such.  Then, I'll take a hopped-up 426 Hemi, blown and set up as a really mean drag motor, and set that right in the middle of the Prius, with straight headers coming out through holes in the rear doors, and the supercharger sticking out the roof for intake.  Then I'll put some massive drag slicks on it, and just generally turn that thing into a 1/4-mile monster.

I call it, the Judas Prius!  Hippies will hate it because their beloved Prius is now getting 10 gallons to the mile.  The drag race crowd will hate it because their beloved 454 Chevelle just got axed by a Prius.  It's perfect!

Now that is funny!!!  :D
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 06:00:08 PM »
LOL, a CR250R that comes out in late December, 2012... ;D

Unfortunately we will never see that.A shame as i really love Honda's build quality.

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 07:00:36 PM »
One of these please.

I'd like a service honda 500, but I reckon I'd be about 58 feet down the road before I wadded myself up into a ball. Probably on fire.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 01:36:30 AM »
A 500 isn't scary unless you ride it like a bone-head.  Just recognize that it's not a 125 and needs a smoother throttle hand, and you'll be fine (and fast).  When you get into big-power territory, the throttle is no longer an on/off device.  Even the big hard-core 500cc pros on their works bikes of yesteryear, would seldom if ever actually put the balls to the walls during a moto.

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 06:47:17 AM »
A 500 isn't scary unless you ride it like a bone-head. 

I didn't realize you had experience with a CR500AF. Give us a report... ;D
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.