Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: So,what's going on in your part of the world right now....  (Read 10186 times)

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Re: So,what's going on in your part of the world right now....
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
Sounds like you have the same regimen as most truckers :D ;)

I wish i had the time to do half that!! only time i get on here is about an hour every mornin at 3am before work or on weekend nights when the wifes asleep. im usually buggered after a day at work so its dinner spend an hour or two with me daughter and bed.
Hopefully goin ridin tommorow should be sweet.

anyone got any tips on how to talk the wife into lettin me buy a helmet cam?? ;D ;D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 09:56:31 AM »
Sounds like you have the same regimen as most truckers :D ;)

I wish i had the time to do half that!! only time i get on here is about an hour every mornin at 3am before work or on weekend nights when the wifes asleep. im usually buggered after a day at work so its dinner spend an hour or two with me daughter and bed.
Hopefully goin ridin tommorow should be sweet.

anyone got any tips on how to talk the wife into lettin me buy a helmet cam?? ;D ;D

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
Pbbffffttttt.What's wrong with you people anyway?Everyone's got responsibilities and such but only a 'tard would let it interfere with their riding.Take me for example;the trusty YZ is now loaded on the rusty F150 and I'm all set to go tomorrow.
It seems like I was only just out-4 months ago.If my luck holds,I fully intend to have the time to get out once more before the snow flies :'(
Of course,tomorrow the wife is going in to work to catch up and my daughter's at a sleepover and I got the shed painted and a bearing in the truck and some work on the wife's car but even if not,I still would have went riding-really,I would :-X
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 10:10:44 PM »
I,vebeen laying on ice since yesterday, 2nd lap sat. I   rolled a double to get a look at the washed out landing. I had my back and legs locked straight, thinking the jump is nothing, I  instantly  got a  shock in the back and down my left leg. I broke my back in 3 places,grew bone spurs threw the fractures, and spurs went threw my ruptured disk, that was in 96. I worked on the worlds strongest horizontal drill rig at the time, I  spent 100 k  of my own money,finally I  had  a  surgeon that studies law,because he,s a terrible surgeon. Operate on my back Oct. 02, it just has me freaked out right now. This weekend is the RacerX vet race, and I can,t get socks on.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 10:14:20 PM »
Hard luck mate. :(
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 08:46:37 AM »
 ;D Right now I'm just on TSM laughing my a$$ off at some of the comments that Jetz and Opferman made on this site! I have to agree with Jetz? or was it Opferman? about nascar being like the AMA back in the seventies..... ;D  :D  ;D  :)  :D  ;D

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
I'm sitting at home waiting for a headache to clear before I go to dilla. So far a fantastic waste of a day off, altho it can only get better. I'll bring pics :p

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »
I,m still iceing my back and hip,went to a Dr. monday the 1st time since back surgery in 02.So I have pain killers,muscle relaxers,anti flamatories, double up on pills except the relaxers. The racer x vet race is not happening for me, I  called the track for over a week, they never answered or called back. I  wanted to ask what kind of tire for the track, sand or interm. tire, how many laps for 40a and 35 a, and directions to the track. I  was hopeing for a miracle, that I  would wake up healed, didn,t happen yet.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »
Just finished reading the vital posts john put up.
A standard comment throughout the posts was that the 4 stroke was easier to ride fast. ???
Has everyone in this world got lazy or what ?
I thought that to win races you had to train hard.
I keep hearing about all the injury's today.
Think it might have something to do with kids going from 85's to 250F's and forgetting what they learned from riding smokers  ?
MX is dangerous and if you become lazy you will get hurt  :o
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »
Just finished reading the vital posts john put up.
A standard comment throughout the posts was that the 4 stroke was easier to ride fast. ???
Has everyone in this world got lazy or what ?
I thought that to win races you had to train hard.
I keep hearing about all the injury's today.
Think it might have something to do with kids going from 85's to 250F's and forgetting what they learned from riding smokers  ?
MX is dangerous and if you become lazy you will get hurt  :o
TMKIWI I think you're right about MX being a dangerous sport & you definetley have to train hard & NOT get lazy so you won't get injured! With that said I beleive that the 4-strokes are making alot of the mx racers lazy because anybody that has raced or even just rode both 2-strokes & 4-strokes should know that the 4-strokes are like a lazy mans bike.You just put a 4-stroke in 1 or 2 of the gears & ride pretty much in the same gears all day long! It's boring & would pretty much make anybody lazy...!