Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: AMA Petition  (Read 25024 times)

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: AMA Petition
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2010, 11:22:31 AM »
Here is the link that helfrick15205 mentioned about over at dirt rider:

http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6671560/editorial/promote-the-two-stroke/index.html
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline helfrick15205

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
posted by jimmy lewis
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:26:12 AM by helfrick15205 »

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »
In my opinion, Dirt Rider stands above MXA and Dirt Bike any day. Jimmy Lewis is one of only a couple of companies that has replied back to me time and time again.

FYI
The petition is up to 1220

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:42 PM »
Nice!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »
In my opinion, Dirt Rider stands above MXA and Dirt Bike any day. Jimmy Lewis is one of only a couple of companies that has replied back to me time and time again.

FYI
I one time got my letter to them in their magazine one time, I was so pumped, I do believe that Dirt rider is a much better magazine than any other out there, especially Transworld motocross, I just bought their magazine, and it was filled with ads, every article was geared towards a 14 year old boy, and the reviews they gave were stupid, no depth to them.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2010, 03:47:09 PM »

FYI

I have to agree with this, beyond his stand offish demeanor he does listen to his readers more than MXA. Though, I do tend to lean towards MXA more for unbiased MX bike reviews, and dirtrider for the rest. I've gotten along with the test riders from both camps very easily, and have had pretty quick replies and conversations with Jody from MXA, plus he doesn't come off as cocky as Jimmy Lewis does (Jimmy is a nice guy, but he does have that going for or against him however you look at it... Ignore it and keep talking with him and he's not too bad. I believe most people just get intimidated and walk off).

DirtRider is smart and knows their reader base is far less impressed by the marketing than the customers than the other magazines, and they include their readers in a lot of the testing (this last testing session with the 150SX and KTM 250SX-F is a prime example). Kudos to them on that one, not many magazines would take the risk of allowing some random person to test equipment that isn't even theirs, with no waiver even. They definitely earned another subscriber just from that whole event, a nice companion for my MXA subscription.

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2010, 04:11:16 PM »
Yeah, that's a good point.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »

FYI
I one time got my letter to them in their magazine one time, I was so pumped, I do believe that Dirt rider is a much better magazine than any other out there, especially Transworld motocross, I just bought their magazine, and it was filled with ads, every article was geared towards a 14 year old boy, and the reviews they gave were stupid, no depth to them.

They are trying to keep you updated on what the latest gear is :)
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
The petition continues to climb. It is up to 1263. Work was extra busy the last couple of days, but I will try and get this out to some other places this week. I have tried load up my reply and notes for the proposal, but my file is too large. I'm still working on it to let everyone view it. It would be helpful to have the amount of race entries over the last 5 years. This would tell the story. I'm sure this is something that Al Lud. could come up with.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:45:43 AM by burn1986 »