Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Taddy and the two-stroke....  (Read 6968 times)

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Taddy and the two-stroke....
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
If you see a two-stroke and hear a four-stroke, chances are there's no dubbing going on, but there's just some guy riding a CRF about 80 miles away and that's drowning out everything else.

Speaking of dubbing, remember the good old days when they did it the other way around?

First Blood - Chase scene on motorcycle

They did the same to the XR100 in Terminator 2 haha... That and the bike had like 20 gears.

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »
How true!!  All through the '80's non-riders that watched movies and TV must have thought all MX bikes sounded just like Harleys!!!!

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »
It looks like he's riding a Yamaha DT. If so, that's kind of what they really sound like.
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Taddy has always been on a smoker.  In many of the EnduroCross races he had been on the KTM 200, while others he's been on the 250.  For the "extreme" races, he prefers the 300. 
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 04:55:50 AM »
In the EWC (WEC) races, this year (I just got videos of three rounds 8) ) Taddy was on a 4t. Taddy was ballistic, but Meo, Seistola, Remes, Oldrati (on a 2502t) and Oblucki (300 Husq), plus quite a few others, made him look conservative and slow. There are some genuine loons in E1 on the small 4ts :o And the 250 and 300 2ts are bloody hyper as well - shows that the 2t should be in E1,300s should be in E2 and E3 2ts should be bigger engines.

I don't get too stressed out that KTM don't trumpet that a 2 has just put it to 4ts, Taddy would probably win on a 250F.

For KTM, bike racing is promotion for all of KTM. As any racing would have to be regarded,(at least for the accountants/ penny pinchers to allow it) for all manufacturers. Rossi winning on a Yamaha, promotes Yamahas in general, same thing with Blazusiak, for KTM.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »
Didn't Rossi do well in the weekend. :D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 02:14:01 AM »
Your'e not kidding Kiwi!

The bloke obviously just loves riding - he had no need to ride, has nothing to proove, has all the money he needs.....

I guess it's one hell of a way to say "don't forget me boys", to the other riders.  I hope things go well with his switch to Ducatis - although we run the risk of the Italians loosing ALL control, over it. I'd just hope it is when he wins - it sure wouldn't be pretty if he didn't - Ducati would be burned down by #46s fans if they thought they'd let him down!

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 05:06:58 AM »
By the way, I'm not knocking Taddy.

The very start of the Italian EWC round, in the lead in highlights, you get a shot of Taddy, from behind, hitting a 4 or 5 log stack height jump, going completely sideways about 15ft in the air, and the spectators bolt for they're lives!. Taddy doesn't hesitate or back off for a millisecond, just keeps it pinned. And in the extreme tests, he takes lines over obstacles you don't see anyone else going for or surviving , if they try.

He's getting top 10s, I think. I just want to emphasize, for those that may not know, or understand, just How good the top EWC / WEC riders are - he is well behind some off them , even with his skills and blazing speed.

I think some of the US enthusiasts may possibly have realized just how quick / good the Euros / foreigners are, what with them lobbing into the US, jumping into unfamiliar racing and walking away with the GNCC series ( which is lauded by many as being The hardest series in the world), for so many years now. Perhaps Mullins will end that this year. But I see a lot of inane posts elsewhere about how the top US riders are better than the foreigners. Usually from those that big up the GNCC, at the same time.

I won't go into the constant denigration of the GP riders by so many US blokes................ ::)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 05:19:40 AM »
I enjoy this line of thinking....

There have been many European racers that have come here and excelled. In many cases they taught Americans how to do new things. Besides in every case it has helped to elevate the American racers to the next level.

Personally I don't get the we're better because we're Americans thing.... most of us here are only 2 or 3 generations old in this country. When it comes down to it we are all from someplace else, even Native Americans!

So why the hate?

I really like Christophe Poucel. Not because of anything anyone has said or because of his racing history. For one reason only. I've seen him race in person. He is the smartest racer I've ever seen. He only does what he needs to do to win or gain the most points possible.

Not only that but he exerts so much less energy than any other racer I have ever observed. Very smart.

It could be that he has to race that way because of his old injuries... but it's a clean, smart and fast way to get around a race track. I like him.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »
Hey John, together with the Mag copies, on one CD, I've included a copy  (I just got a HDD box / recorder, and was able to work out how to record from a disc, to the box, then copy onto a disc - there might be a place for me in this electronic age after all :o :D :o :D) of the OZ 4day DVD. It goes into the whole 'getting into a wheelie bin thing' that we've seen Pourcel and co doing, but with a whole bunch of ice added to the recipe.

I'm so amazed I was able to even work out how to do the recording thing ( I'm seriously non tech friendly :'( ) Right at the moment, I'm more delirious than a dog with 2 dicks! :P

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »
Bear - technology can be really fun... and now a days it's easier than ever to do things... not sure how to do something? Fire up Google (or whatever your favorite search engine is) and ask whatever question you have.

In a few seconds you have a whole pile of information that can help you to do anything from programing you VCR so the clock light no longer blinks to recipes for yummy tasting drinks and just about anything you can think of.

It's like having an instruction manual for the world at your fingertips!!

Now I'll need to figure out a way to share all this stuff your sending with the rest of the gang!

Thank you!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
Google Scares me!

I didn't even have a computer  at home till about 4 years ago, till I snaffled a gutless little 4 gig unit from my workshop.

My brain is mechanically oriented - anything with those zappy things, that go Ping , is alien to me. I'm sure my mill, lathe and Miller Tig are powered by energetic  little hamsters - at least, that's what I believe.

It's only 2 discs and a Beanie from a magazine cover making it's way to you................................................... ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:29:48 AM by bearorso »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 03:02:07 PM »
Rossi will do fine at Ducati. :)
I don't think he will move there unless Jeremy Burgess & crew go with him.
Same as when he left Honda.

I would not be surprised if Paul Whibley wins the GNCC again now he has changed bikes.
He started on a WR but had too many problems with the bike.
He is starting to get good results now so it will be a tight finish to the season.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 07:52:03 AM »

Very good points you made John & I agree most American MX racers have learned quite a bit off of alot of the European racers.
 I'm also a fan of Christophe Pourcel mainly because he's not a flashy or a show off racer & that's just one of the reasons I like watching him race!He also rides very smart & conserves his energy until it's time for him to pounce!
 Now I'm not a big fan of Ryan Dungey just because I'd like to see some other team win instead of Suzuki but yet theres no denying that he is a awesome rider & definetly has the heart of a champion.
 There is just one more rider that I'd like to mention although I don't think to many MX racers or fans have enough respect for the guy,although he's one of my favorite racers & they call him the "Holeshot Master"Mike Alessi minus his past injuries is a great & safe racer who in my opinion deserves a title whether a MX or SX title I believe he's due.I recall about 3 or 4 years ago Mike was touted as possibley being the next Ricky Carmichael.I don't think I would go that far but I think he's due for a title within the next 2 or 3 years at least!
  But I'd rather see Project 250 get some wins and a title for us smokers in the world..... ;D :P ;D :P

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:05:12 AM by maicoman009 »