Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: The _X_ Blog  (Read 2983 times)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
The _X_ Blog
« on: July 16, 2020, 01:31:36 PM »
As I sit home Pondering whats to become of the vintage race season, I see that ACR has cancelled the entire 2020 calendar. They even backed out of the rewind partnership with PVR. The rewind is still scheduled to happen (thank God), but with many changes in format I suspect. That leaves the only other event, besides any MSC races which do not coincide with my schedule, to attend. So I wait and ride OP's until we race. I am however actually enjoying the lack of motocross at the moment, there seems to no rush or commitment about the days I have away from the professional circuit and thinking if it wasn't for the GP's having two-stroke championships I would probably cancel that subscription as I did with the american series. I just don't care about the professional stuff as i once did. It seems to just get in the way as of now.
 I'm not sure why, but I feel as though all this overly marketed and overly produced pro racing has stolen motocross's true innocence from me, trying to make me feel inferior and incomplete without it. Im over it. I just want to caravan with my pit tootsie and ride the old girls that bring me joy, hang out with my friends and rubber neck when I see a sweet old girl being whipped out for all our viewing remembrance pleasure
_X_

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: The _X_ Blog
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 01:50:32 PM »
Morphing back into Racer-X? ;D
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 05:09:33 PM »
Yes, glad to be back msam. Lost my head for a time , all senses have returned.

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 06:16:57 PM »
Cool. Been off the bikes for 2 years now. Life got in the way. Made some money but not worth the years lost. INVITE!! Croom, Hardrock MX, and Durhamtown for 2 stroke fun. Starting this fall and winter. Top end for the 125 has been hanging on the handle bars in a bag for a year now. If ya make it all the way to FL we can do a fishing or beach trip in my boat. As per the web site rules boat is a 2 stroke. Kind of a cheater though. Has valves. Old Detroit Diesels. Still pretty cool though and they fire every revolution.

Know you been through a lot as posted but feels good on a bike anytime. Nomesayin?
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 05:39:46 AM »
Cool. Been off the bikes for 2 years now. Life got in the way. Made some money but not worth the years lost. INVITE!! Croom, Hardrock MX, and Durhamtown for 2 stroke fun. Starting this fall and winter. Top end for the 125 has been hanging on the handle bars in a bag for a year now. If ya make it all the way to FL we can do a fishing or beach trip in my boat. As per the web site rules boat is a 2 stroke. Kind of a cheater though. Has valves. Old Detroit Diesels. Still pretty cool though and they fire every revolution.

Know you been through a lot as posted but feels good on a bike anytime. Nomesayin?

I do, thanks for the invite. I will get as far as Tomahawk in WV next season, although I cant rule anything out at this point. FL is definitely on the ride list.

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 03:34:04 PM »
WV Hatfield Mccoy trails are good fun. Rockville can be challenging in a good way. Florida is a good option for breaking out of the winter blues. A good trip can be had with all the places in FL to ride that are open all week plus Durhamtown on the way down or back up. Get a buddy or two and do a late winter/early spring road trip. Time it right for Daytona SX if things get back to normal. Burn some Golden Spectro! Ha, I know I'm the only one old enough to still use that.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 03:18:47 AM »
Yeah you're right, a winter trip will be necessary as I'm older now and need to experience that. Make that "WE" are old enough to still run Spetro lol.