Comming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Good, Bad and the Ugly of 125's?  (Read 54 times)

Offline JoeyG

• Novice
    • View Profile
Good, Bad and the Ugly of 125's?
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:51:24 AM »
Looking to purchase a 125. I always loved the 93-96 year CR's but also wouldn't mind finding an 06+ YZ for the suspension. As far as the KX and the RM I'm not sure what years are good, bad, etc. I hear the RM's corner very well but parts prices are stupid high compared to the others. KX..i have no idea what years are good.

Any advice on choosing what year/model bike to find or if easier, what year/brand(s) to stay away from?

Thanks!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Good, Bad and the Ugly of 125's?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »
What do you want to use it for? If I was racing, I would probably pick a YZ125 if a Japanese bike was my choice. Not because I like YZ's but because some parts for some bikes are getting hard to procure. I had a 1996 RM125 in 2010 and the engine cases are not available, even then. I had to have a crack welded and always worried about it lol.
Nobody on their deathbed has ever said "I wish I had spent more time at the office".

Offline racer x

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:19:25 PM »
buy the newest model you can afford/like. look for models that relatively stay the same over quite a few years as parts are more readily available. good luck

Offline rsmith

• Administrator
  • Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:29:12 PM »
buy the newest model you can afford/like. look for models that relatively stay the same over quite a few years as parts are more readily available. good luck

Add to that the one that has good local dealer support.

You can get everything online these days I suppose but being able to walk into the dealer and get questions answered and get stuff NOW when you need it is a good thing, trust me.

--Ron.