Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Stewie needs to play on a 2 stroke  (Read 8162 times)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Stewie needs to play on a 2 stroke
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 11:04:13 PM »
dont worry boys, the show will go on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 10:06:27 AM »
I think if you test the riders for drugs of any kind then the f.i.m. and the a.m.a. board members and track owners and others in mx should also be tested. Drugs that might explain the stupid rules in both organization. KIM

Actually Kim, I think in the AMA, they are tested (Insurance requirements). The FIM may be different because of the more libertarian attitudes of the various European states. For instance, in Germany, it is illegal for them to require a p-test so I know they wouldn't do it there. However, it is still legal to test athletes for some reason...it must be some labor thing (and since being an athlete is not a REAL job...).
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »
the thing is he failed for amphetamines not for ADD medication the test can't tell what it is , for all they know he could have been taking speed or ice . he told them it was from the doctor but it could be anything , that is why they have to declare it before hand .

no ones fault but his own he and his management know the rules so why didn't they just declare it ?

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »
He could to ride a 2 stroke (and win) non official events...this would be a nice 2t flag extended  ;)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
the thing is he failed for amphetamines not for ADD medication the test can't tell what it is , for all they know he could have been taking speed or ice . he told them it was from the doctor but it could be anything , that is why they have to declare it before hand .

no ones fault but his own he and his management know the rules so why didn't they just declare it ?

Thats exactly right. All the test showed positive for was amphetamines. Its impossible to get an exact source of said amphetamine. It could have been anything from ADD meds to high level steriods. This is a key bit of information that all the media seems t be missing.

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
I admit, I am not reading impartial media. Most of what I see runs along the lines of "Let 7 Ride!" and "The AMA are stupid and should pull out of the FIM". However, I did do a little research and the whole "p-test" thing has been a peeve of mine since I joined the US Military 30 years ago, so I have amassed quite a bit of information. I am no expert, or a lawyer, but I am knowledgeable (and I stayed in a Holiday in Express once).

As Stu points out, when a sample is collected, it is tested only for key markers that indicate certain substances that they are looking for. They are only looking for these flags and others chemicals will not be in the report. Also (as Stu correctly points out) it is impossible to tell where the identified substance came from. Now if it was Cocaine, there is no (legal) way for it to get into your system. If it was Marijuana, some over the counter health supplements and even poppy seed bagels have been known to trip it up. For amphetamines, there are a number of legal uses but there are just as many illegal uses. It is a popular recreational and performance enhancing drug. And if you are a Rolling Stones fan, sing it with me: "She went running for the shelter of her Mother's little helper..."  ;)  :...What a drag it is getting old."

I think the thing condemning him is first, rather than deny it and request a second sample (which he can do), they quickly came out with an excuse. However, where that excuse fails is that in all these years, he never identified he was taking it AND he never failed a test before. Had they gave the (poor) excuse that his doctor changed the prescription and didn't inform them of the alternate substance (how many of YOU double check your doctors orders?), then I might have believed him and gave him a slap on the wrist. But when you have what appears to be a flagrant disregard for the rules...and with such high profile Doping cases (Lance Armstrong ring a bell?) in the international media, the FIM had to take a hard line stand - and rightly so.
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline rlaj1004

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 01:24:41 PM »
I agree VBS, what I don't get is in all the drug testing I have been around ( I work in the Airline industry ) for the last 30 years. The original sample is to identify markers like you said. If that triggers postive  then a more detailed test is done with not only the first sample but in all cases I have been around they have a second jar they also test. In my experience that second more detailed test will differentiate between poppy seeds and pot, or presriptions that trigger postitive effects and illegal substances. I have been told by medical professionals ( whatever that means ) they can pin down exact drugs, concentrations, times etc.
So if he was taking a legitimate prescription, why wasn't it recorded, where is the Doctors orders, and on and on.

Personally I think most of those guys take stuff, for recovery, injury, pain etc. Like in professionaly cycling. You mentioned Lance, Every top cyclist is using some sort or performance enhancement. I read some statictics that stated if they went through the tour de france riders and disqualified ever rider that had at one time been suspected of doping they would eliminate the top 10 riders for the last 10 years or so. Lances biggest problems was that he is a bully and he is American in a European sport.
And MX, SX rider put their bodies through hell week after week. Some just have better Doctors for masking it than others.
My two cents worth anyway.

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »
Talk about a sport with Doping problems, just Goggle "Tour de France Doping" and check out the wiki. I knew some of it was going on and the Armstrong case just topped it off but I had no idea it was so prevalent! If cycling has these problems, every top sport does. It is no wonder the International Organizations are cracking down.

The more I look into this phenomenon, the more I agree with the FIM. In no way should Stewie be allowed to ride and I doubt I'll support any company that would allow him to represent them during this time of "punishment".

You know, I am not a Jeff Emig fan, but I appreciate his ability on a bike, and his willingness to grow beyond his transgression. He was a rich playboy and had to put a lot of effort into "growing up". He lost his sponsor (Kawasaki) until he demonstrated the appropriate behavior during his probation. I still don't like his color commentating but I respect the work he has put in to get where he is. From a fan's point of view, he has redeemed himself. Now it is Bubba's turn.

Offline rlaj1004

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »
Funny, I am not fond of Emig but I watched a show on him. I have to admit I have a lot of respect for him now. Still turn the sound off watching motocross.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »
Talk about a sport with Doping problems, just Goggle "Tour de France Doping" and check out the wiki. I knew some of it was going on and the Armstrong case just topped it off but I had no idea it was so prevalent! If cycling has these problems, every top sport does. It is no wonder the International Organizations are cracking down.

The more I look into this phenomenon, the more I agree with the FIM. In no way should Stewie be allowed to ride and I doubt I'll support any company that would allow him to represent them during this time of "punishment".

You know, I am not a Jeff Emig fan, but I appreciate his ability on a bike, and his willingness to grow beyond his transgression. He was a rich playboy and had to put a lot of effort into "growing up". He lost his sponsor (Kawasaki) until he demonstrated the appropriate behavior during his probation. I still don't like his color commentating but I respect the work he has put in to get where he is. From a fan's point of view, he has redeemed himself. Now it is Bubba's turn.

As much as we all hate Emig's commentating, I most definitely respect him for picking himself up. Not a whole lot of guys could have come off beating Mc'grath (granted with the extensive help of mike larroco) to that low point and still rebound. And you know, in just about every sport, there is a commentator that people hate, and there is one that people like. I believe alot of what goes on in the booth with ralph, carmichael (or whoever is doing it) and Emig IS scripted out to add to the drama.