Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: brian shuckart on 125 at high point.  (Read 4490 times)

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
brian shuckart on 125 at high point.
« on: June 12, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »
just checked qualifiers to see if he made it. close but no cigar with a 2:27.634. needed a 2:26.400

maybe we should expand the two 50 project and add a one 25.  ;D

Offline crash796

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: brian shuckart on 125 at high point.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:49 PM »
Mention of 2STROKE on high point pre-show video clip on Allisports.com website.
I was watching the Pre-show for high point on the allisports.com and right after the interview with metcalf and just before the Barcia interview a 2STROKE goes by on the track the first time  
(1/3 way into video approximatel at 3:19min., 5:14min. & 5:40min.)  
and Jason Weignadt and Andy Bower make note of it, and then you hear the bike again at some other times behind them,
perhaps it was Brian?
what was said  "do you hear that 2stroke, sound good or what?"

Todd
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:00:20 PM by TxTechRedRider »
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
Yeah, what level of support does this guy have. He is ultra brave trying to qualify on a YZ125. I feel that the 125's are at a much bigger disadvantage against the 250f's over the 250 2 stroke racing against the 450's. Definitely heaps of respect for Brian for getting out there and battling on the 125. Anyone get a chance to speak to him? Will he be racing any other rounds of the nationals???
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:55:37 AM »
Brian doesnt have much support that I know of, just a really fast local guy.

I know the RM last year only had a pipe and silencer, with some head work, stock otherwise, so I would imagine the YZ125 was not the trickest thing out there it didnt look like it.

With a better engine and stuff he probably would have made it, either way he is a bad ass for trying, no one has tried a 125 for a while.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:12:31 AM »
Unfortunately this is the only picture my wife got of him (and it's blurry  :( ), even after I asked her to get a bunch of him:

- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »
just checked qualifiers to see if he made it. close but no cigar with a 2:27.634. needed a 2:26.400

Brian is a great guy, I'll try to contact him and ask him some questions when I can.

The idea was to run a full team of 3 or 4 racers next year with at least one racing a 125.

Currently there are many people that think what Project Two 50 is doing is just writing stories and will not show up at a Pro Race. This is a disturbing sentiment... and is not only coming from the four-stroke brigade, but two-stroke lovers!

Thumper Talk and Vital have a few threads about it... kind of sad actually.

We are still full steam ahead.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
People making fun of projecttwo50 can shove it.

You guys are doing the smart thing by making sure you are ready, unlike me, lol, just show up and try cold turkey and look like hell out there.

Everyone will shut there mouth when Mike qualifies on it.

I just cant wait to get back out there and prove myself to some people, it will happen!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
Hey Moto Mike... thank you for the support...

Funny thing is that Mike's Pro number is 794... how cool would it be to have a 794 and 894 under the same canopy!! Although our goal for next year is to have earned a top 100 race number!! :P :P

You will also prove yourself. I know it!
Life is short.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »
Damn he didnt miss out by much!!
Good to see him givin it a go though, go the Two Stroke!!
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline jerret125

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 02:27:51 PM »
he looked really good out there on the 125. i watched him pass a few 250fs with ease i was really surrprised he didnt make it
04 YZ250    08 YZ250

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »
Dang John, sounds like if Mike does have the same number next year we better make something happen, 2 - Mike's, similair number sounds sweet to me ;D

Unless I think I could be ready for last national this year but I really really doubt it, still have several more weeks till I can even ride, do not want to take it too fast with this injury, it has sucked ass.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 03:45:27 AM »

Brian is a great guy, I'll try to contact him and ask him some questions when I can.

The idea was to run a full team of 3 or 4 racers next year with at least one racing a 125.

Currently there are many people that think what Project Two 50 is doing is just writing stories and will not show up at a Pro Race. This is a disturbing sentiment... and is not only coming from the four-stroke brigade, but two-stroke lovers!

Thumper Talk and Vital have a few threads about it... kind of sad actually.

We are still full steam ahead.

Hey John I went to bat for you guys as well on another forum. Guys  were bagging out the project saying that it had lost its way and also a lot worse. Having read some of their other posts previoiusly they are goons that trail ride and don't have the first idea on what it takes to be ready to race at the top level. They are more interested in 18" wheels and trials tyres on their YZ's. I am super pumped to see you guys on the line full of confidence and ready to go !!!!!!!!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 06:37:45 AM »

Hey John I went to bat for you guys as well on another forum. Guys  were bagging out the project saying that it had lost its way and also a lot worse. Having read some of their other posts previoiusly they are goons that trail ride and don't have the first idea on what it takes to be ready to race at the top level. They are more interested in 18" wheels and trials tyres on their YZ's. I am super pumped to see you guys on the line full of confidence and ready to go !!!!!!!!

Hey Swapper... I saw that on TT... I also wrote some stuff. I've found that when you try to argue with people like that , they trench in because they believe they're correct. In my response I just told them what we had done, right and wrong and what we plan to do.

In the end that's all you can say anyway.

Funny unrelated story... I've experienced where I have told people the honest-to-God truth and they didn't believe me. Told the same guy an exaggerated tall tale and he believed that! WTF?? :o :o :o
Life is short.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »
Hey John, I'd just like to say everyone on this site supports the Two 50 Project 100% !!!The GOONS on all of the other sites ie."The sites that think the 4-strokes are the way to go."are just a bunch of miserable,too lazy to mix their gas worthless GOONS...!!! They know it & we all know it to !!!Why are'nt they out there racing one of their 4-chokes & putting the time & money in their bike like the Two 50 Projects doing?The answer to that question is simply because they prefer to critisize what you are doing because they themselves have nothing better to do and I would venture to guess that their 4-chokes are probably sitting in the corner of their garages BLOWN UP anyway! :)