Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: More Freestone National Motocross Pictures  (Read 1527 times)

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
More Freestone National Motocross Pictures
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »
Well it looks like my being tardy to the dance, um I mean the race, meant I missed out on getting into the pit area.  I guess I will know next time to go with someone who is a little more fired up about the races.
It indeed was a hot day, I must have had a drink in my hand all day, and no, unfortunately not a beer, only water. We sat under a big tree at the south west end of the track.  I made the walking tour around the track but I didnt recognize anybody from here.  I did walk past the grand stands but didnt see John, must have had the sun in my eyes, it was a very sunny and hot day.
Here are some pictures of the men and women racing, in seperate races obviously.  I hope you guys can see them as I am new to posting images on "ImageShack".
A little later I will post some other pics I think you guys will enjoy as well.

http://img697.imageshack.us/g/dsc05800ib.jpg/
http://img697.imageshack.us/g/dsc05800i.jpg/

Hey the pictures posted, a few double images, what the heck. :o
In my opinion the first round races seemed faster than the second ones probably because of the heat.
It was obvious who seemed to affected by the heat after the 5th or 6th laps. I actually saw a rider with a fluids straw coming from over his shoulder, probably water.  Early on I was proud of the boys on red but after the 5 or 6 laps some and most fadded.  I was very impressed by Regal, Metcalfe, Tomac & Alessi at the first of each of the races but they too seemingly had some issues.  At this time in the races the best riders began to shine, the ones that paced themselves and worked up to the front and took over. Alessi's KTM bike was very cool looking.
The only negative I thought about the whole thing was that you couldnt hear the loud speaker anouncer, even when the bike were away on the other side of the track you couldnt hear but maybe 2 or 3 words.  I asked some people around me who won the second moto - no one knew.  Next year I will take my radio and listen to the announcer, live through the broadcast.
Hope you guys enjoy the pictures and remember more pictures to come.

Todd
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:46:54 PM by TxTechRedRider »
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61