Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hey everyone. New to site.  (Read 4934 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone. New to site.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 05:56:25 AM »
2stroke250 I actually own a 2008 KTM-300xc & the Maicoman name I use on this site is because I've owned a Maico 490 many yrs. ago and I've been dying to buy a new 500mmx if they ever get here to :( the U.S.There was suppose to be a video on this site according to Maico International but I can't seem to hold my breath any longer while waiting! :)

Yesterday I spoke to someone in the "know"... you see one of the very important pieces of the puzzle when importing motorcycles to the USA is to have EPA and DOT approvals BEFORE you begin. It becomes a total nightmare to do it the other way!

As you can imagine the process is not a fast one... but this is the only reason for the delay.

The bikes are coming and will be here relatively soon... once everything is in place, you can arrange to test ride one, and if you desire buy one.

As for the video... I can relate to that as well. I have been editing a video for over a month... well truth be told, I've been thinking about working on it for over a month... it's just that there are so many things that seem to jump up to a higher priority.

Maico International wants the video to be out there. In fact they probably want it finished more than you do!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2stroke250

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone. New to site.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 06:38:04 AM »
Maicoman, I hope you get your "old" bike back again. But the KTM's are real nice to ride. My friend's dad has a 450 with electric start and kickstand.  :P

Opfermanmotors, There are a few places still left around here to ride that I know about. There is always Ocala National forest which has miles on miles of trails where you need a GPS to prevent yourself from getting lost. There is a little spot behind a community in Hobe Sound and a cool spot in Vero Beach. As for tracks, Thundercross is in Okeechobee. PM me if you want details.
1996 SUZUKI RM250 W/2000 RM250 ENGINE SWAP