Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: rode a direct injection 2 stroke! Ski-doo 600 etec. Awesome  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
rode a direct injection 2 stroke! Ski-doo 600 etec. Awesome
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »
been meaning to post this for a few weeks....at the beginning of April i got a chance to test ride a 2013 ski-doo Renegade at the Pat's Peak Snowmobile Hillclimb event in New Hampshire. 600cc twin cylinder direct injection. Been reading about etecs for several years now and finally i would get the chance to see for myself! Believe me, it didn't disappoint. Started immediately to a smooth, steady idle. A bit like - dare i say it - a 4 stroke. Once underway the thing that struck me was the low end torque, the YANK this thing had from way down low. The mid range was awesome, i kept pulling impromptu wheelies with no effort. The thing would gather speed so quickly that i ran out of room to really test the top end, since we were on a designated test ride trail. But it screams! One thing i had heard was that the etec could never be put on a dirt bike because of the rapid on/off throttling required. I am here to say that is complete  ;Dbullshit. The trail i took was totally rutted and i purposely chopped/gassed the throttle many times to see - perfect response, no stumbling. I truly hope this engine (or half of it) gets dropped into a mx'er.     
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
Nice to know that the DI is delivering the increased bottom end it should. ;D

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
They're an awesome machine no doubt and it's proven trouble free technology.Mind you,the snowmo clutching make the delivery more forgiving but the on/off thing is no issue anyway.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.