Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Husqvarna Creates New Stealth Bike  (Read 5876 times)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Husqvarna Creates New Stealth Bike
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 10:01:39 PM »
Exactly.  It's like the Nissan GT-R.  If you just looked at the numbers, or it's comparatively bland exterior, you'd pass right by it in favor of a Porsche or something.  The numbers totally fail to reveal that it bends the Earth to its will and allows any Jack Russel Terrier to post lap times within seconds of any six-digit priced supercar.  The numbers can give you a general idea of this and that; they can clearly show that a '70 BSA will be flogged to death by anything made in the last... well... 35 years.  But what they won't tell you is how the power comes on, how the steering feels, how suspension will respond to bumps and jumps and humps and even grumps who don't like motorsports because of pollution and decide to lay in the track in front of you to stop the whole madness but didn't expect you to be a fearless lunatic who would run them over and use them for traction in the corner.  The details will determine what is best for you, and it's probably different from what's best for Billy Bob and what's best for James Stewart.  It's been said that Jimi Hendrix' guitar was almost unplayable for 95% of guitarists, and the same goes for bikes.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »
Wasn't the 2002-2007 CR250 a dyno queen, but when it got to the track had a serious case of the blahs. A lot of bike mags blamed it on the electronic power valve, but I think it was more a crank case volume or intake thing. Hey I could be wrong.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »
In one of these forums we have 250F's turning faster lap times then 450F's and a prototype SX350F winning - so much for the horsepower theory.

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »
Wasn't the 2002-2007 CR250 a dyno queen, but when it got to the track had a serious case of the blahs. A lot of bike mags blamed it on the electronic power valve, but I think it was more a crank case volume or intake thing. Hey I could be wrong.

you must be speaking of a Honda CR250 not a Husky CR 250, at first i was a little confused as we were talking Husky's. yes the Honda of '02-'03 had a serious case of the wha wha's at low rpm. it didn't show on the dyno. i remember MXA published the dyno charts from the '02 YZ and the CR and they looked almost identical. two different guys i ride with had an '02 CR and an '03 CR. the guy with the '03 still has his. the '02 top end was sent to Pro Circuit and the '03 cases, jug, head were sent to Robert Renyard (#17 Robbie's Pop) in Oklahoma. we dyno'ed both bikes before and after. the interesting thing with both was the general character of the engines remained the same i.e. soft low end power, smooth but powerful mid range, and shrieking top end. the Renyard motor had the cases stuffed, used a YZ piston with the intake windows, ran two base gaskets, and was ported and head mods and we traded the stock Mikuni TMX for a Keihin PWK. we went riding at the Little Sahara (sand dunes) OHV park and that Renyard CR 250 really had some guts. but it still dosen't have the low end bark of other bikes like a YZ or KTM SX.