Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: AHHHHHHHH! MUSIC TO MY EARS!  (Read 4913 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
Re: AHHHHHHHH! MUSIC TO MY EARS!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 04:03:42 AM »
Man that track was gnarly  :o i agree with you though nothin like a singing 125

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »
I would hate a track like that.  Very interesting to watch and it must take a lot of skill, but I hate ruts enough as it is.  I don't need that.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
That was  very cool video.....

It reminded me of an old school motocross track, no stupid crazy jumps... it also had a great sandy composition that makes riding a 125 at speed so much fun.

Jetzcorp, those kind of ruts are not so bad, because the sides are soft, the ruts that are tough are the ones that form then harden. That kind of rut takes big balls and a bit of craziness!! At least to me.

By the way... it official... 2smoker is the MAN when it comes to two-stroke videos!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:18:58 AM »
Oh, I guess I'm not used to soft-edged ruts.  Out where we ride, the ruts might as well be made of cement.  Run afoul of one of those bastards and you'll just go down, but not before it tries to tear all the knobs of your wheel first.  A lot of the time, it's easier to just abandon the road and sail across a field.  That old, too-soft-for-evel-knievel-style-jumps suspension just loves a nice rough field, sometimes.  You just have to watch out for barbed wire.

Rider Safety Announcement Time!
If ever you're riding in an area where there might be livestock like cattle or whatever, always watch for barbed wire.  In World War II, it was not uncommon for piano wire to be strung across a road at neck-level to nab some unsuspecting Jeep drivers.  Similarly, some roads in the wilderness have barbed-wire gates to keep the cows from escaping their designated ranges via the road you might be using.  Barbed wire is just piano wire with a built-in saw-blade and probably a bit of rust; you do not want to hit that at 55.  It doesn't have to be strung up, either.  Sometimes, a bit of it gets torn away and some idiot cow drags it around for five miles before dropping it in some random location.  The stuff gets everywhere.  In winter, it can sink into the mud, which in summer of course becomes concrete.  That can leave you with a nice convenient loop of the stuff connected to the planet to firmly that an Abrams tank would probably have trouble pulling it out.  Your bike is no Abrams tank.  If that little loop happens to snag your foot, it's over.  Your helmet probably won't even survive the encounter.

So yeah, be careful, guys. :D

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 05:02:58 AM »
Great video! Love that sound  :D
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »
I love the sound of 125's. That track would be awesome to ride, if it was raining it would be even better. Call me a little crazy, but I love mud fests. ;D

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 05:40:34 PM »
You crazy, boy.

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »

I love the mud (or I should say I did...) my first race win ever was in the pouring rain. It was coming down so hard that my goggles stayed clean!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
Maybe it comes down once again to the kind of mud we have out here.  There are some certain areas where we ride (very large areas!) in which the mud consists of a very special formula that we have dubbed Maupin Mud.  Unlike normal mud, which flings everywhere and seems to be literally made out of shits and giggles, this stuff is diabolical.  It builds up on your tires to an infinite extent.  Unless you realize what's going on very quickly, it will literally build right up until the bike is 12" taller and it's rubbing the fender.  And don't try riding on the grass to stay clean, that comes along for the ride, too.  That's a lot of the reason riding is out of the question through most of spring at our area of choice.  You literally have to stop and remove the mud from the bike every quarter-mile.  And if it's not that sort of mud, then it's just a 3ft deep sinkhole that will swallow any bike with less than 350cc displacement to growl through the mire.

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
I love that pic John. Now that's what I'm talking about. ;D