Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: SmartCarb owner thread  (Read 2460 times)

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:36:24 AM »
Hey guys.

I figure we could post up in here as we get them, what model (billet, cast, 38, 40, etc.) and what bike she's going on, as well as ride reports.

I just sold 10 AR-15 magazines (it pays to be into guns right about now).  Now I can buy a cast Smartcarb to try out on the YZ125.  Pre-ordering tomorrow.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:55:44 AM »
AR-15? So jelly.

My first buy when or if I get my license? Original Single action army :D

Then an M1911A1, original model. But thats the highest level of license.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:59:42 AM »
That's the most gun you can get down there? :o I thought you guys were all criminals? :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 03:10:21 AM »
See thats the hilarious part; we have all these crazy gun laws but Hells Angels and the Banditos (Two of Australias worst bikie gangs) Can still get ahold of any gun they want from AK-47s to P-90s to spas12s to the freaking ray gun from call of duty 5 zombies :o I think they struggle with Javelins though... It doesn't do anything but rob genuine people of the chance to defend their properties and livlihood from snakes, pigs, etc.

Semi automatic weapons regardless of calibre require the highest level of license. Whether its a Browning .45 or a magazine fed semi auto .22 its the highest level of license. That in itself is flawed beyond recognition.

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 03:18:23 AM »
See thats the hilarious part; we have all these crazy gun laws but Hells Angels and the Banditos (Two of Australias worst bikie gangs) Can still get ahold of any gun they want from AK-47s to P-90s to spas12s to the freaking ray gun from call of duty 5 zombies :o I think they struggle with Javelins though... It doesn't do anything but rob genuine people of the chance to defend their properties and livlihood from snakes, pigs, etc.

Semi automatic weapons regardless of calibre require the highest level of license. Whether its a Browning .45 or a magazine fed semi auto .22 its the highest level of license. That in itself is flawed beyond recognition.

Without degrading this thread into gun stuff... yeah Stu you're in the wrong country.  In Georgia, USA you can have anything under .50cal, semi-automatic.  Anything else (SBR, supressor, automatic) requires a tax stamp and one week wait  ;D

But anyway... Smartcarb....

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:56:26 AM »
Right. Sorry about that I tend to get pretty riled up over that issue. And pretty much any issue.

Oh and about you being able to get what you want when you want.... Shut up :D

Offline bkoz

• Novice
    • View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 05:18:34 PM »

[/quote]

Without degrading this thread into gun stuff... yeah Stu you're in the wrong country.  In Georgia, USA you can have anything under .50cal, semi-automatic.  Anything else (SBR, supressor, automatic) requires a tax stamp and one week wait  ;D

[/quote]

Not for long, they're gonna take your guns away.........

Anyways, enough trolling, back to the Smart Carb.  I would love one for my YZ144.

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »

Not for long, they're gonna take your guns away.........

Anyways, enough trolling, back to the Smart Carb.  I would love one for my YZ144.

What guns?  They're not registered... :D
I guess some magazines are running tests on the SC right now. we'll see how it goes.

Offline nom de guerre

• View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »
It sounds like you may be set on the SC and that is cool, the wait for the cast version is until May...

another option is the Lectron with newly designed metering rods, these are getting some really good feedback  over at Cafe Husky. Great pricing and available now.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 10:36:11 PM »
I've been reading about them on CH. Somebody over there pointed out how the SC discussion has created so much interest in the Lectron. I'm thinking about a Lectron for my CR150, but I don't know how much I trust the feedback over there. I've never seen so many people so over the top with their jetting in my life.
Ontario, Canada

Offline nom de guerre

• View Profile
SmartCarb owner thread
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 11:06:47 PM »
^^^ I hear that beaner.... I went thru all that with my 150 & even bought a Keihin... Ultimately tossed that and used my RB modded Mik... One guy over there who runs the piss out of his 125 in the dez said his bike ruled with stock jetting. Most if the issues are guys with WR's trying to make them run like CRs.. The WR jetting does rot bad however...

It is a good group of guys and I would buy the Lectron based on their testing or the SC..