Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What two stroke pre mix is best?  (Read 48964 times)

Recovered

Re: What two stroke pre mix is best?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
Motul 800 always.The best I've found to date for protection and engine cleanliness at tear down.

That is 100% synthetic right??

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »
Yep.Burns clean,pv always clean,piston clean with very little scuff after many hours,no crank bearing failures.My favorite to date.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 05:36:22 PM »
I would like your opinon. I've been using Pj1 gold fire but its getting hard to find around here. I'm looking to switch to an oil thats easy to find here. The main choices are Yamalube,red line, All the Maxima oils,Belray ,Motul,golden spetro. Thanks
i find Yamalube, Belray MC-1, and Golden Spectro to be diry with too much carbon build up. as stated the Motul 800 is very clean and so is the Redline. all the oils will protect your engine some just burn cleaner.

Offline Helmut Clasen

• Intermediate
  • Helmut Clasen
    • View Profile
    • 50 years of 2 wheel sporting
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 01:13:31 PM »
OPTI-2  100-1 on all my modern and Vintage 2 strokers.
OPTI-4 in all my modern KTMs 4 strokers.

(its the same oil almost every chainsaw pro is using.)
Maico was using it under there own Name MAICO RACING oil 100-1.

The German Munich oil company was sold several years ago to Castrol.
But a sister company bought the license early enough and is making the oil in the USA.
Blaine , Washington
www.opti2-4.com

3xSACHS MC-GS 250 1977
1xHercules GS 250  1976
1xHercules GS 350  1976
1xCan-Am 175 TNT 1975
1xZuendapp GS 125 19072-73
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
[quote

[/quote]
chain saw pro? how do you become a professional chain saw-er?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »
Easy,you run a chainsaw for a living-like totalnz for instance(and it's wayyyyyy harder than you may think)-he just doesn't run much of chainsaw-that's all. ;DSorry,I couldn't help it.I run stihl/husky/jred in mine which I believe is made by castrol though I do use stihl bio for bar oil-but don't tell totalnz :-X
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:09:06 PM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
Easy,you run a chainsaw for a living-like totalnz for instance(and it's wayyyyyy harder than you may think)-he just doesn't run much of chainsaw-that's all. ;DSorry,I couldn't help it.I run stihl/husky/jred in mine which I believe is made by castrol though I do use stihl bio for bar oil-but don't tell totalnz :-X
ha ha your just sick of your new jred bogging down all the time. Yeah i run husqvarna low smoke cause thats what my work uses. top marks for using the bio baroil, it's very environmentally responsible of you.
And yes i'd definitely consider myself a chain saw pro ie professional chainsaw operator.

Offline Helmut Clasen

• Intermediate
  • Helmut Clasen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 05:48:35 AM »
[quote

chain saw pro? how do you become a professional chain saw-er?
[/quote

We Canadians say Chainsawpro for the timber guys who are out there and,...you know .... :)
In the early 70s when SACHS-Hercules was importet into Canada,as a sideline they importet SACHS DOLMAR chainsaws.
To brake into our market the saws where given to the timber pros for very little money.
Because the winter time was quiet time for the motorcycle business,Horst Kempter,Prez of SACHS Canada,ask me to visit the timber camps in the east to see how our saws worked.
A team of two would be working up to 8 hours a day,walking on frozen ground where in the summer would be swamp.Biggest complaint weas,inhaling the fumes of the exhaus coming out in frond of the saw,inhaling very cold winter air,getting sometimes dissy,....
So we started experimention with a flexible exhaust pipe fsatened to a harness on the shoulder.
But was not practical to disconnect when the saw was running empty and was handed over to the helper for filling and sharpening.
So we wend with one of our Pro saws to the then still existing PIONEER chainsaw company in Peterborough.They had a kind of a dyno test bunker to set up there saws for the world champion ship.
Here we mounted our saw and fed her with our SACHS saw oil(yes you get it) OPTI 2 oil.
Over a period of hours we leant the mix out from starting with a 100-1 and decreasing it steadyly until we had reached 300-1.With that mix we run the saw 10 hours non stop.After that we took the saw apart and where amased that absolutely no wear was to be found.We could not convince the timber people to use 300-1 but got them to use at least the 100-1.

Interesting also the story how the oil was original developed. ;D

3xSACHS MC-GS 250 1977
1xHercules GS 250  1976
1xHercules GS 350  1976
1xCan-Am 175 TNT 1975

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 06:31:04 AM »
ok, a lumberjack. i get it. since i started using Husky saws in the the '80's (266 & 181 models)  i will call myself a chain saw amateur.

Offline Helmut Clasen

• Intermediate
  • Helmut Clasen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 06:41:37 AM »
ok, a lumberjack. i get it. since i started using Husky saws in the the '80's (266 & 181 models)  i will call myself a chain saw amateur.

NEW NAME: ADAM. ;D

Admiral-Amateur..... :) :) :)

3xSACHS MC-GS 250 1977
1xHercules GS 250  1976
1xHercules GS 350  1976
1xCan-Am 175 TNT 1975

Offline Chokey

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »
I wrote this up a few years ago on another forum, this seems like an appropriate thread for it:

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:21 PM »
Excellent post, Thankyou Chokey

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 04:13:11 AM »
I wrote this up a few years ago on another forum, this seems like an appropriate thread for it:

This is a fantastic post!! I love when something is based on personal experience like this... you get a real sense for how something works.

Welcome to the forum!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline GPRRacing52

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
Are here no guys that are using Castrol A747 or XR77?
the are one of the best 2 stroke oil in the world!

Offline MMS

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 09:10:29 AM »
Are here no guys that are using Castrol A747 or XR77?
the are one of the best 2 stroke oil in the world!

I'm a Castrol user. 747 for everything I have that needs pre-mixing and TTS or R2 for any of the road bikes that have an auto-lube system.

I assume that for whatever reason Castrol isn't available in the "States" at all or else has a very poor distribution network or something.

I stick with 747 over the XR77 as even Castrol themselves say that despite everything else, nobody has come up with a full synthetic component to match the ultimate anti-seize properties of castor oil. It's only drawback is that it won't mix well with most of the specific race fuels on the market, which is when you should use XR77, but that doesn't affect me so I'll be using 747 as long as they keep it on the market.

I use it in the Maico's, any newer 250's that I've had, had an EC300 Gas Gas for a while and run it, the minibikes, we also have an 100cc direct drive kart with a very trick (Italian) Iame Sirio engine that revs to the moon and back and it runs on it. I know I few guys still running TZ's both old and new, Banshee quads, all of them swear by 747, and me too!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:12:59 AM by MMS »