Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: CR125 carby leakage  (Read 7886 times)

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
CR125 carby leakage
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 04:22:25 AM »

As for Humility, interesting word considering you can't even use the word 'your' in the right context :P

Reformat you're machine with a fresh copy of your operating system?

Your. If you are going to call someone out for poor grammar, at least be correct yourself.  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
CR125 carby leakage
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 04:56:37 AM »

As for Humility, interesting word considering you can't even use the word 'your' in the right context :P

Reformat you're machine with a fresh copy of your operating system?

Your. If you are going to call someone out for poor grammar, at least be correct yourself.  :P

Touche, well caught. Atleast I got it hte second time right?  :)    In my defense, I was writing in a hurry cos I reeeeaaalllly needed to take a wiz

Back on topic: I hooked up the multi metre to the ignition coil as outlined in my manual. its reading was the same as when the test leads were 20 cm apart. I assume that means the resistance is either non existent or too much to measure? If resistance was high, would that account for the extremely weak spark?

Thanks

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
CR125 carby leakage
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 01:33:28 AM »
Did you sell your YZ? I'm wondering if you should have kept it  ;)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
CR125 carby leakage
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »
Did you sell your YZ? I'm wondering if you should have kept it  ;)

Nah I didn't sell it and a good thing too. When I get it running my folks will make me decide to sell one and I think it'll be the YZ if all goes well. I can flog it to my next door neighbor whos currently on a fooper and looking to get rid of it for a 250. Its due for some solid engine work too so If I can unload it before it screws up that'll be good.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
CR125 carby leakage
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
Nah I didn't sell it and a good thing too. When I get it running my folks will make me decide to sell one and I think it'll be the YZ if all goes well. I can flog it to my next door neighbor whos currently on a fooper and looking to get rid of it for a 250. Its due for some solid engine work too so If I can unload it before it screws up that'll be good.
I see, well good luck with all of it, sorry I couldn't be a help with this, I don't know much about ignition systems and what not.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
CR125 carby leakage
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »
I see, well good luck with all of it, sorry I couldn't be a help with this, I don't know much about ignition systems and what not.

No worries mate, thanks for your post.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
CR125 carby leakage
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 05:06:24 AM »
I got the new ignition coil and plug cap hooked up, and now I'm getting consistent, big, fat, blue spark. So thats an improvement. However, still not starting. While the ignition coil was definitely part of the problem its not all of it. My airbox makes a whistlely squeeking noise during hte intake stroke and the bike has very little compression all things considered. Could air be escaping from the cylinder? Piston and piston ring is only about 5 hours old and moves smoothly through its stroke. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stu