Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Make/Model subforums...  (Read 3490 times)

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Make/Model subforums...
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »
Just curious as to why this hasn't been implemented here? It'd be neat to have it broken down by makes so people could turn this into a great place for information (technical and non technical), and make it easier to drill down to the information you're looking for.

I think this place can become the Thumpertalk of the 2 stroke world (And be much better than the failed Pingertalk...) seeing how 2 strokes are gaining in popularity by leaps and bounds, allowing us Thumpertalk 2 smoke holdouts a place to call home :)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Make/Model subforums...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »
I am with that idea! JOHN! all the brands...from Yami to Tm....etc...
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline DESERTFOX19

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:37:24 PM »
 I would like that to.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:48:55 AM »
I agree guys.... it's a great idea.

My only concern is that the sub-forums would not receive enough traffic to make it worth doing. At least right now....

Obviously if you see things differently, please offer you views on the subject. I'll always listen.

Thanks!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »
I agree guys.... it's a great idea.

My only concern is that the sub-forums would not receive enough traffic to make it worth doing. At least right now....

Obviously if you see things differently, please offer you views on the subject. I'll always listen.

Thanks!

It'll get there :) I am sure most all of us have some good information we could start posting. Plus, the TwoStrokeMotocross.com stickers I put up all over Glen Helen, Perris Raceway and the like will garner some attention I'm sure, I've been asked about the stickers on my CR250 by quite a few people already (which is crazy, since they're pretty small so they have eagle vision or something hah!)

I really think it'd bring more people in if they saw they had areas on this forum they could post info and ask questions in areas specialized for their make (Tm, Maico, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, etc...).

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 03:33:10 AM »
I say go for it.  Nothing to lose, right?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »
I say go for it.  Nothing to lose, right?
Well, you would think so, but, internet space costs money, so, if no traffic comes in to these seperate sections, John looses money. By the way John, does this make any money, is this site staying afloat financially? Or should we buy more stuff from the store. Also, I need to buy some stickers, how much do they cost?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »
I was wondering if the sub-forums would actually lead to more cost.  Hence the question mark.

Anyway, there's two ways to look at it.  One could say that there's not enough activity at the moment to fill up all the new sections this would create.  On the other hand, the new sections could, themselves, entice more people to join the forums and thus fill up the sections.  I wouldn't want to say that one approach is right and the other wrong, but there it is.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
While running a web site does cost money, the amount of space used is small in comparison to the server needed to handle the traffic. You may have noticed some performance issues over the past few weeks, this is due to moving the site and forum to a new server.

I pay for all the space and if you notice, I have not yet begun to sell any ad space on the sites... it went from being under a $100. per year to over $500. per year... not complaining at all, this has been a blast and I'm excited about the potential going forward.

Yes it would be very helpful if folks were to purchase stuff from the store, that will help pay for the space. Unfortunately the store is down and being rebuilt.

For any one on the forum I will give a discount on the t-shirts and stickers if you order before I get the store back online.. the t-shirts usually go for $18.99 but for members of the forum it's only $16.99 (XXL's are $2.00 extra)

I do have stickers as well which go for 3 for $3. but will sell to you guys for 3 for $2.00

I will only charge you whatever the shipping costs... nothing extra and above that. First class mail is the least expensive option for this and it goes by the weight of the package.

Going forward I will offer many products in the store and would appreciate you at least giving me a chance when you decide to buy parts for your machines...

To purchase shirts or stickers send an e-mail letting me know what you'd like and I'll send you a Paypal invoice.

Thank you.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!