Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Any one want to know.  (Read 7751 times)

Recovered

Any one want to know.
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »
I know the General posted an article stating that TSM doesn't hate 4 stroke DIRT BIKES.

Does any one want to hear my opinons on why the single cylinder 4 atroke will NEVER compete with a 2 stroke at equal displacements??

Not that my opinions matter................ ;D

But for the record...single cylinder 4 strokes SUCK and have done absolutely ZERO for off-road motorcycling. In fact, they have set us back by years (possibly even decades). Way to go AMA and all the fools who drank the kool-aid.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Any one want to know.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 06:57:41 PM »
You mean people drink this stuff? No thanks!  :o

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »
The AMA under DMG (Nascrap)also done a lot of damages to the American superbike scene with their stupid road series.. Honda and Kawasaki are gone (Don't want to be involved with AMA anymore)next year with also Buell (Buell closed their doors...) the 1,125cc bike was allowed to compete alongside race-prepped versions of bikes like the Suzuki GSX-R600 and Yamaha R6, which have roughly half the engine displacement of the Buell. .. Purse payouts for the Superbike class are dramatically reduced for 2010. According to DMG documents, in the Superbike class The riders earning the three (3) highest point totals on an event weekend will be paid podium bonuses as follows: 1st - $3,500.00, 2nd - $2,000.00, and 3rd - $1,000.00. DMG documents suggest that there will be no purse paid for riders or teams finishing past third place in Superbike points on each race weekend. All I can say is hahahahaahahahahahahah :o
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »
It seems to be a pretty low time for racing in general.  Factories are pulling out of F1 and Rallying as well.  Did you know that Subaru isn't doing rally anymore?  Friggin' SUBARU, who have the legendary blue Impreza that is the very image of modern rallying, aren't even tossing their hat in the ring.  Who knows what'll happen next.  Maybe the NHRA will say you can only use a V4 in top-fuel drags, I wouldn't be surprised given how things have been.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline westyzkx

• Novice
  • Two Stroke Militia
    • View Profile
    • Toyboy Connection
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 08:15:29 AM »
I know the General posted an article stating that TSM doesn't hate 4 stroke DIRT BIKES.

Does any one want to hear my opinons on why the single cylinder 4 atroke will NEVER compete with a 2 stroke at equal displacements??

Not that my opinions matter................ ;D

But for the record...single cylinder 4 strokes SUCK and have done absolutely ZERO for off-road motorcycling. In fact, they have set us back by years (possibly even decades). Way to go AMA and all the fools who drank the kool-aid.

Yeah I'm with you all the way! It's good to hear someone who really believes in 2 strokes  ;D
www.toyboyconnection.com - online dating for younger men and older women

Offline wayfastwilly

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 01:06:58 PM »
BRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP ;D

Offline jft67x

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »
well in cali on street non factroy plated bikes can not be plated

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »
It looks like racing is going to hell. In F1, everyone is pulling out, then budget caps for them also. I thought F1 was supposed to be the premier sport for racing. I want the Can-Am cars back :P No, horsepower limits what so ever!! Then Subaru pulling out of rally. No one watches MX or GP racing because it sucks with all the lame 4 pokes running around. What we need in MotoGP are the buck wild 500's to high side all the new kids to death. Now that would be fun to watch. The only racing doing well right now that I see is karting, and guess what they are running for engines...........TWO STROKES!!!!!!!!! Hmmm, shouldn't all these racing series be looking to see what works for karting or what? 

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 02:25:15 PM »
If I was going to make a kart, I think you guys can guess what I'd drop in after pulling out the stock engine.  I want to see that mother doing a wheelie!

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 02:50:24 PM »
i heard something about the 250 gp being dropped this year

and honda got an exclusive deal for supplying motors

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 08:03:01 PM »
250GP is no more, it has been renamed Moto2. :( The two strokes will be history for that class, replaced by modified CBR600RR engines. And every engine in the field will be a Honda. I WILL NEVER EVER WATCH MOTOGP OR MOTO2 EVER AGAIN. Dorna sucks period!! Looks like my choices are getting slimmer each year. Good thing is that the USGPRU still uses the two strokes(250's and 125's). ;D   

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
How can it be called racing if everyone is racing the same brand?? Okay they do have races like that but how boring can you get?

This will lead to new organizations coming in to fill the gaps in the Manufacturer dominated racing classes in the established forms of racing.

Racers and fans will leave and the manufacturers will be left playing a game by themselves in a back lot of their factories that are shut down because no one will buy there products any more.

Oppps!

Maybe they went too far???
Life is short.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »
I wouldn't call it racing, I would call it a monopoly. Lets hope Yamaha and Suzuki get there head out of there you know what and along with Kawi and KTM bring back two strokes like they did in the 60's. I love the Yamaha RD05 V4 250, and there RD line. They could create some series that would be equal in displacement for all types of motorcycles like racing was in the 60's, 70's, 80s, and 90's. Let just pray. 

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »
It's a Monopoly!!!

;D ;D ;D 8)
Life is short.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 01:38:10 AM »
Racing organizers seem to think that people want to watch a sport where everyone's got the same equipment and it's one man against the other.  They're wrong.  People do watch NASCAR to cheer for their favorite driver, but more than that, they're there for the Ford - Chevy - Dodge rivalry!  When you say that every car has to have the same body and is differentiated only by stickers, you kill the spirit of the game.  The same goes with motocross, F1, and every other form of motorsport.  Sure, it's interesting to see who's best on a level playing field, but I've heard WAY too much lamenting about over-regulation of motorsport to think that people really want this.  Racing has simply become too boring.  What ever happened to Hannah's works YZ and the Plymouth Superbirds?  Simple.  They're illegal.

Do you feel lucky, punk?