Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Finally got to get in a ride  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Tharrell

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Finally got to get in a ride
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
Hey Tharrell - great place to ride. Wish I had that across the street from my house! Lucky! And good job on the riding -- no loops today eh?   ;D  

I have busy weekends lined up one after another. *sigh*. Hoping I can make a brief show at the Yamaha Enduro get together 2 weeks hence in Gorman CA. Will also try to get onto one of my 4 (vintage) dirt bikes a touch after work sometime this week. No saddle time for me the past 3 weeks...  

I sure understand that "get to be 15" for awhile quip. When I am riding its the only time I feel young again these days.

I had every intention of putting some time on the 20 different bikes that I have, and I live across the street from a great riding area.
Trouble is, I hate going out alone on any of my 500's or the other high performance bikes alone.
My problem is getting OTHERS to ride.
So, I take a vintage bike out from time to time by myself.
I've been trying to dial in my Contour helmet cam, frame rate, wind noise etc....
Anyway, here's a short video from yesterday on my 1974 TY250.
http://youtu.be/B_oHAQUy_Sw
There are more on my channel.
Tony

Doesn't that place just rock?
Did you notice all the turkeys in video 011?
http://youtu.be/s6Aow92ReII
There's at least 1000 acres available from one landowner who gave me permission to ride.
He's clearing some sections as you could probably tell.
He's seeding one area today that was a ton of fun while they where in different stages of clearing it.
The leaves are falling now so it's easy to pick good lines through the trees, I'm gonna lay out some trails while I can see through there.
I've been trying to get some guys to go riding but for one reason or another it just doesn't work out.
Jobs, wives, kids, weather etc....
After seeing my flip video I'm sure you understand why I don't take a 500 out there alone.
But I did get stranded the day before I took this video. Trash in the carb. Loooong walk home!
Fuel filters are our friends!!!
My TY250 has the alternate peg option and it's uncomfortable to stand. I'm gonna move them back to the original location and see what that's like.
I was thinking about the 1968 DT1 I have. I need to get it done so I can ride it out here on the trails that I get laid out.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:14:10 PM by Tharrell »