Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 4 $troke lovers= delusional people  (Read 52602 times)

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
Re: 4 $troke lovers= delusional people
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:45 PM »
Borrowed bike because i didnt have a 450, the one i bought broke a rod so i parted it out(kaw) ,had a 250f didnt feel like it was fast enough since the 360 was faster ! and didnt have good luck on it,also people would slam me about that bike every time i raced it last yr untill i let them ride it and then they would say its still ugly . lol... and for people to say that thumpers are junk is nuts !!!!never practiced on the KXf450 and  just rode the regional qualifier the area Q i raced my 250f

I'm just trying to clarify what you're saying. Are you saying that you think 4-strokes are what is needed in today's racing since they have helped you race at a higher level? And are you saying that regardless of their hugely negative impact on today's economy (especially the local parents of teens racing 250Fs), that they are a better racing alternative to the 2-stroke?

Have you read any of the comments on the Rule change petition. These comments tell the story of what 4-strokes is doing to the local racing scene.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:57:04 PM by burn1986 »

Offline Dirtsaw

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »
Hey, my father in law just had to rebuild his "run forever" XR400.  Just the top end.  New pistion, ring, cam, cam chain, and oil pump.  He did all the work since it is a lawnmower engine and not some hi hp grenade.  But his bill for just the parts was a brap above $1500.  You can buy an entire 250 motor for that...  Only diff with an XR is that it doesn't have the potential to blow up every time it starts.  I'm just sayin.... 

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2011, 01:12:43 AM »
Hey, my father in law just had to rebuild his "run forever" XR400.  Just the top end.  New pistion, ring, cam, cam chain, and oil pump.  He did all the work since it is a lawnmower engine and not some hi hp grenade.  But his bill for just the parts was a brap above $1500.  You can buy an entire 250 motor for that...  Only diff with an XR is that it doesn't have the potential to blow up every time it starts.  I'm just sayin.... 

Im not sure were your ordering parts from but if your father payed $1500 American dollars to rebuild the top end on his xr400 he got ripped off. Just sayin...
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2011, 02:19:38 AM »
360   was   faster   then   250f   but   had   sold   the   360 (trying to type slow so you will understand!!) bought   a   blown   450   (bad   head) replaced   head   then   rod   broke  ,only   rode   250f    3times   befor   ridin  450 (borrowed)
at  redbud. How many   mains have you made???  i raced pro also just didnt list it i had a license
for 3 yrs only tryed to Q around here made 1 main Troy Ohio ,so  like i said some where else on this site if two people that are the same speed the guy on the thumper will win  ;D  even Dubach says it in the new ama book

Offline Dirtsaw

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2011, 02:52:51 AM »
Xr's Only and Honda OEM parts.  Go ahead and Google rebuild xr400 motor and see what you find.  By the time all is said and done $1500 isn't so unreasonable...  But what do I know?  I just watched him buy the parts and rebuild it..

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:26 AM »
 -Honda Parts direct.com-

oil pump -PUMP ASSY., OIL  15100-KCY-670-- $102.60
new cam - CAMSHAFT ASSY. 14000-KCY-670--$169.02
cam chain - CHAIN, CAM (112L) 14401-KCY-671--$83.39
tensioner - TENSIONER, CAM CHAIN 14511-KCY-670--$54.65
piston -PISTON (STD) 13101-KCY-670--$57.46
rings - RING SET (STD) 13011-KCY-670--$35.04

Retail is $502.16 before shipping to rebuild the top end on a xr400.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:54 AM »
360   was   faster   then   250f   but   had   sold   the   360 (trying to type slow so you will understand!!) bought   a   blown   450   (bad   head) replaced   head   then   rod   broke  ,only   rode   250f    3times   befor   ridin  450 (borrowed)
at  redbud. How many   mains have you made???  i raced pro also just didnt list it i had a license
for 3 yrs only tryed to Q around here made 1 main Troy Ohio ,so  like i said some where else on this site if two people that are the same speed the guy on the thumper will win  ;D  even Dubach says it in the new ama book
maybe instead of worrying if i am understanding, you should proof read so we dont see discreps. What happened to "i've never had a 4 stroke take a dump" or something like that. Im on my phone so cant go back and quote exactly. Isnt a broken rod a dump? So sounds like when the rod broke the 4 stroke was worth more in parts than rebuilding it due too cost?  just sayin...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:41:08 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2011, 03:37:55 AM »
ive raced LL 14 times one B class and the rest A class on a dr4,rm2,rm2,ktm2,ktm2,ktm2,yam2,yam4,yam4,ktm4,ktm4,ktm,ktm4,ktm4   2 or 4 =stroke (for you slow people) :P soooo i know how to switch gears ,iam not stuck in the past,the 360 was my all time favorite bike which is why i tryed on it last yr.  i have never had a thumper take a DUMP on me! but have had two strokes do it. cranks and piston locating pins !! I ONLY RACED 4 times and practiced 3 time before LL and 2 of them wher quailifiers ,and borrowed a bike after i was at the regional(kx450f) never rode it before ,won the +40 and got 7th in the +35 at RED BUD look it up!!! i found this site when i had my 360 thought it was cool but starting to think some of you are  actually some ones wifes   :-*
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2011, 03:39:32 AM »
He loaned it to a local kid who blew it up on the track. The bike was a huge POS when he bought it. He pretty much threw a head on it and rocked it.

When it blew the second time he parted what was left of the engine and sold the chassis to another guy who put a kx500 motor on it. Now the kx500 motor keeps breaking the frame.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2011, 03:48:27 AM »
Man, opinions are rife here. Sorry, but the kx500 motor is not breaking the frame. The builder, is the only one who would be at fault. I do not see service honda bikes breaking frames.  Just home builders. None of my frames have broke on my cr500af's. Does it really matter who was riding when the motor broke a rod?  It is the exact reason we speak about the 4 chokes here.  The value after blown is less than the rebuild it would take to make it run again. He was the owner of it at the time it took the dump, inwhich he's never had happen.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:51:37 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2011, 04:02:43 AM »
Does it really matter who was riding when the motor broke a rod? He was the owner of it at the time it took the dump, inwhich he's never had happen 

Yes, in the post your referring to he was talking about racing one. Go back and read it again.

As for the frame I dont know who built it, I agree it probably wouldnt be the engine. I just hear the frame keeps breaking...

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2011, 04:08:50 AM »
Does it really matter who was riding when the motor broke a rod? He was the owner of it at the time it took the dump, inwhich he's never had happen 

Yes, in the post your referring to he was talking about racing one. Go back and read it again.
  really?  Thats what your gonna go with?  So if i've blown 90 2 stroke motors for example, but it didnt happen while racing, i dont include that when i state, ive never had a 2 stroke motor take a dump on me? Im out. This is becoming funny. Sad, but funny.
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2011, 04:18:37 AM »
Your digging deep man. Your like arguing with my old lady  :P

YES, Miedosoracing someone can say they have never blown up a 4 stroke.....even if a friend blew up their bike. Ive never blown up a 4 stroke either....so if I lend my bike to Ryan to ride at Southwick next weekend and he blows it up. In the morning I still have never blown a 4 stroke. Correct? Are we really arguing about this?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2011, 05:37:59 AM »
I'd like to slip something in here edge wise....

ATV sales exceed offroad motorcycle sales here in North America and 99% of ATVs are 4T.It would therefore make economic sense to make offroad motorcycles 4T as well (read big four).The Euros don't make ATVs (okay a few dribble out of KTM) and seem to be doing fine producing a wide range of 2Ts.The big four call the shots and have seen fit to eliminate 2Ts in pro motocross - the only part of the industry they still control.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2011, 05:44:29 AM »
The only reason that is true is because there no 2 stroke atv's left to buy, except maybe kiddie quads. Canada and Mexico still sell new banshees, but thats it. The first new modern two stroke sport atv to pop back up will sell out immediately.  Hell, the can am ds450 was supposed to be a 300cc power valved two stroke. Whats hilarious is that Banshee's, trx250rs, and lt250r's are still very popular, never mind how old they are.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!