Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 4 $troke lovers= delusional people  (Read 52584 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Re: 4 $troke lovers= delusional people
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
By the way, when stewart got on his 450F, what happened?  Still got his azz handed to him by Ricky.  The 450F didn't make a bit of difference, stewart was still running second.  There are some serious shills here. The key way to always know, is the first part always says, "I love 2 strokes." Just sayin. Change the MO.

I like that term "Shill". That's a bullseye.
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »
ive raced LL 14 times one B class and the rest A class on a dr4,rm2,rm2,ktm2,ktm2,ktm2,yam2,yam4,yam4,ktm4,ktm4,ktm,ktm4,ktm4   2 or 4 =stroke (for you slow people) :P soooo i know how to switch gears ,iam not stuck in the past,the 360 was my all time favorite bike which is why i tryed on it last yr.  i have never had a thumper take a DUMP on me! but have had two strokes do it. cranks and piston locating pins !! I ONLY RACED 4 times and practiced 3 time before LL and 2 of them wher quailifiers ,and borrowed a bike after i was at the regional(kx450f) never rode it before ,won the +40 and got 7th in the +35 at RED BUD look it up!!! i found this site when i had my 360 thought it was cool but starting to think some of you are  actually some ones wifes   :-*

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2011, 02:14:54 AM »
ive raced LL 14 times one B class and the rest A class on a dr4,rm2,rm2,ktm2,ktm2,ktm2,yam2,yam4,yam4,ktm4,ktm4,ktm,ktm4,ktm4   2 or 4 =stroke (for you slow people) :P soooo i know how to switch gears ,iam not stuck in the past,the 360 was my all time favorite bike which is why i tryed on it last yr.  i have never had a thumper take a DUMP on me! but have had two strokes do it. cranks and piston locating pins !! I ONLY RACED 4 times and practiced 3 time before LL and 2 of them wher quailifiers ,and borrowed a bike after i was at the regional(kx450f) never rode it before ,won the +40 and got 7th in the +35 at RED BUD look it up!!! i found this site when i had my 360 thought it was cool but starting to think some of you are  actually some ones wifes   :-*

Right there is exactly why you got slammed, so please don't say it is us.  You were directly comparing the fact that you couldn't qualify on a 1990's 360 compared to a newer 450F. We called you on it, and now you are not understanding the cold shoulder. If you would have rode a 2011 KTM 300XC, and then said, hey I was down on power or something, we would have said, hey that's cool.  But to say anything 1990's compares to todays bikes is just, well you see the flow of the slams.  You also have changed your tune about how many times you rode which bike.  Why did you have to borrow a bike?  What was your normal bike that you rode?  Things like that, instead of saying, I didn't qualify because I rode a 2 stroke...
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
Borrowed bike because i didnt have a 450, the one i bought broke a rod so i parted it out(kaw) ,had a 250f didnt feel like it was fast enough since the 360 was faster ! and didnt have good luck on it,also people would slam me about that bike every time i raced it last yr untill i let them ride it and then they would say its still ugly . lol... and for people to say that thumpers are junk is nuts !!!!never practiced on the KXf450 and  just rode the regional qualifier the area Q i raced my 250f

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »
Right there is exactly why you got slammed, so please don't say it is us. 

Right were? What are you talking about?
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2011, 11:41:30 PM »
It seems crazy to me that guy's that obviously race at a respectable level's opinions are being rubbished.
These guys ride and race 2 and 4 stroke bikes so i think there opinion carrys some weight.
Now once again i'll state that i'll only ever own a 2T, but because i've raced against and ridden new gen 4bangers i know how good they really are.
Here in NZ it is 250 vs 250 and open is open, and yet the 4strokes mostly win, at pro or clubman level.
Now you can quote all the HP and torque figures you like but the fact remains the POWER DELIVERY of the 4banger is far easier to control therefore you can go faster for longer ie win races easier.
Now i'm not taking into account all the other things that make the 2T superior ie fun factor and lower cost.
And of course i acknowledge the AMA rules aren't fair and the playing field isn't level, fair or not though the current rules make they 4 stroke the better choice for racing. only in my opinion of course.
Once again though here in NZ where you can run what you brung the 250 2t's still dont dominate with pro or clubmen riders. thats because the new gen 250fs are very fast, also very boring to ride but when you gotta win you don't care about how fun a bike is.
Just my 2 cents, i'll probably cop it from the one eyed troll lurking round here now.

Offline xX JonthE Xx

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2011, 03:36:35 AM »
Just my 2 cents, i'll probably cop it from the one eyed troll lurking round here now.

;D :-X

I wonder if anyone on here is known as ian9toes as well. ???
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:39:28 AM by TMKIWI »
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
Borrowed bike because i didnt have a 450, the one i bought broke a rod so i parted it out(kaw) ,had a 250f didnt feel like it was fast enough since the 360 was faster ! and didnt have good luck on it,also people would slam me about that bike every time i raced it last yr untill i let them ride it and then they would say its still ugly . lol... and for people to say that thumpers are junk is nuts !!!!never practiced on the KXf450 and  just rode the regional qualifier the area Q i raced my 250f
The one you parted out, broke a rod on you? How did it go?  What happened? The 450F you owned (practiced and usetoo) before qualifying, was the same bike (kawi 450F) as you borrowed? The 360 was faster than the 250F and you raced the 250F? I don't get it. I get the ugly part, I also get the old part.  So do you agree, things may have been different had it been on a newer KTM, in both looks and how good they are?  My points, are directly related to the fact that it wasn't the 2 stroke per say, but the part that you felt dumb because everyone made fun of you, like an ugly kid in school, and the fact that it was an old and outdated bike.  I'm just trying to get to the facts, not cloud it with judgement.  That bike 360 was the dated version 380 in 1998, inwhich lost a shootout to a YZ400F. I'm pretty sure no one would compare a 1998 YZ400F to a 2006+ KX450F. Right?  I think some of you guys are confused (ie: TotalNZ).  But I raced pro, and have rode both 2 and 4.  So saying I don't have facts are out of line.  I'm getting down to facts on this post as we speak.  It seems opinions may have been alittle clouded on some facts on this subject. JMHO.

By the way, the 4 strokes came into play back in what 98?  They didn't dominate anywhere until maybe 2004'ish?  It will take some time at cc vs cc.  Just sayin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:42:16 PM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2011, 04:16:11 PM »
TotalNZ +1
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »
TotalNZ +2

TotalNZ +1
Just curious how you guys feel TotalNZ plus anything, when I've shown that the guys he is referring too were comparing a 1997 or earlier KTM 360 to a 2006+ KX450F? And that fact that I raced at a higher level and have rode both.  Please enlighten me.
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
Well, its obvious that a bike with more horsepower that hits every other stroke is going to be easier to ride fast. Duh, do we need a brain surgeon to figure this out? The problem is that people who ride and race 4-strokes have been punked out by the OEMs and have bought into the idea of how wonderful they are. Meanwhile, the price of these machines continues to skyrocket and so does their racing cost.

The whole idea of racing a 2-stroke is that it is a purer form of racing machinery. It has fewer moving parts, is lighter, and has more power liter for liter than a 4-stroke. But, the OEMs don't see a monetary value in these so they have propagandized the American dirt biker into buying their more expensive product and all the profits it will gain them.

Sure 2-strokes require maintenance too, every dirt bike does, especially racing one. But who are we kidding - are you guys trying to say that doing a top end on a 4-stroke is easier, less cost effective, and cheaper than a 2-stroke? Give me a break.

Why do we have to keep going over this BS? Miedoso is right, how can you compare a ragged out 90s 2-stroke to a high performance 450F. These are night and day. Plus the early KTMs were horrible in every part other than the engine.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:37:47 PM by burn1986 »

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »
And that fact that I raced at a higher level and have rode both. 

I think your stretching it a little bit there.  :-X  How many classes did you race at Lorettas this year? Ive been following motocross religiously for 15 years and have never heard of Meidosoracing.

Bigair40 still rides at that level @ 45 years old so why attack him like he doesnt know what he's talking about?
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:27 PM »
And that fact that I raced at a higher level and have rode both.

I think your stretching it a little bit there.  :-X  How many classes did you race at Lorettas this year? Ive been following motocross religiously for 15 years and have never heard of Meidosoracing.

Bigair40 still rides at that level @ 45 years old so why attack him like he doesnt know what he's talking about?
Like I've stated, I'm only talking about facts.  I have never raced LL, ONLY because I never had money and did racing all on my own. My parents didn't help me for sheet.  I am not going after him at all. I'm just trying to point some things out, using facts. And you don't like it.  My Fact about racing at a higher level, again is a fact of holding a ProAMA license.  I never said I was faster than him, I'm quite sure he will smoke me now since I only get to ride maybe 3-4 times per year. I just said I raced at a higher level. Quite the contrary, kudos for him answering my questions.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:55:43 PM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com