Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: AJ Wagoner - American Motocross  (Read 1976 times)

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
AJ Wagoner - American Motocross
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:43:38 PM »
I was chewing the fat this evening thinking about the way the land lies for 2 strokes at the moment. As far as we go in the UK, the MCF Federation is a ray of hope for 2 strokes in that they have shown that as a community, people power can triumph over the corrupt practices of the ACU (equivelent of the AMA in UK) and start our own series with fair displacement rules. I hope something like this happens in the USA.

At the same time I was seeing the amazing selection of 2 stroke bikes that the AJ Wagoner guy has made... and it is mind blowing to see what his company is currently doing. If it wasn't for him we could never get hold of a top of the range 2 stroke Kawasaki or Honda ever again - he is quite litterally keeping an extinct species of amazing bikes alive.

I dont know much about him but this guy is a legend.   

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: AJ Wagoner - American Motocross
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
Sorry but in follow up I had to post this also after checking out A J's website - its part of the description for his Service Honda CR250.. so funny! 

"Terror, the reaction is unmistakable. Service Honda 250AF, say the name and watch the reaction of factory supported 250cc motocross race teams. When the AMA was considering making the 250AF legal for Pro Racing these race teams told the AMA ' if a Privateer team shows up on the 250AF we will not race'. No surprise that the factory supported race teams reacted this way, the 250AF is lighter, more nimble and more powerful than the competition.

Not only does the 250AF perform better than the 4 stroke competition it is vastly cheaper to maintain, cutting the TOTAL operating budget for a national outdoor motocross team by nearly one third!"

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: AJ Wagoner - American Motocross
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 05:48:54 AM »
AJ is the man!!

The bikes look fantastic and he continues to fly the two-stroke flag. He is certainly a ray of hope for the two-stroke fans of the world.

Last year he took some time and did an interview for the site, for those that have not seen it, it's worth a read.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/01/2009-service-honda-250af-aj-interview/
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!