Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What have you done for your bike lately  (Read 10152 times)

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
What have you done for your bike lately
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:48:35 PM »
Beings that I got one year older this last tuesday, I am really old now, I decided I would spend my b-day money on a few things for my bike.
Problem is that the items I liked and purchased were more that twice my b-day money  :D  isnt that always the case.
I got the loud mouth intake kit, the cycra vented front fender, a 14 tooth front sprocket, soft hooks, the jd kit and two tickets to the supercross event in Irvin Tx this saturday. Not too bad b-day gifts.
So if your b-day was recently, what did you get for your bike and if it wasnt, since spring is in the air, what spring items have you gotten for your bike for this years riding season?

Todd
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline downonmonday

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: What have you done for your bike lately
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:40:59 PM »
New top end, MX51 tires, resprung/valved suspension, 2002+ plastics on 2000 Honda CR 250, new seat cover, and repacked all the bearings. Oh and a new expansion chamber (stock).
2000 Honda CR 250, 2004 Suzuki RMZ 250, 2004 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »
I traded a friend of mine some Brown and Sharpe micrometers I had for a pair of Pro Taper CR High bend (dark bronze color). He didn't like the bend. They are like brand new, I told him I was getting the better end of this deal, but he said he was never going to use the bars again. I also picked up from eBay some used 7/8"-1-1/8" bar adapters, and then ordered some G2 Ergonomic threaded inserts for my bark busters (the bars were already tapped for the inserts), also a new air filter and a new pair of grips. None of this is installed yet because I have been swamped with school work. The parts all just sitting on the bench teasing me lol.

I also have a pair of gold Pro-Taper bars and Applied Racing top triple for my nephew's RM125 thanks to Charles. Plus a new throttle tube and new grips from Indigo Racer Powersports and some new jets from RMATV. I haven't had the chance to install any those yet either.

Sounds like you made out TxTech  ;D .
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 03:59:19 PM by Coop »
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »
I have to find some 4T lump to hang my trail clearing/building tools off of.Spring is in the air and Trail 101 is now in class! :D

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:32:44 PM »
I've already moved mine out of the way twice in the last couple weeks and just yesterday threw a couple jackets on it to match the mittens the little one had drying on the levers from a month ago.That will probably do me for work on it this year. :)

Oh yeah,my bday is coming up in April.The wife arrived on the scene a couple weeks ago with a new table saw I needed to complete the house renovations SHE wanted to do.She then informed me the saw was my B-day present.WTF?   >:(
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:42:38 PM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »
Thanks Coop, I dont know what I'am doing on 2t, but at least when I fall over I'll look good doing it   :D
I dont know much about bars but if you wanted them enough to trade for them, then they must be good and wow with all the new stuff sounds like you got some work to do, labor of love, right!?
Downonmonday,
new top end, tires, and suspension work, that sounds like your just kicken to get out there and try them out.. and I gotta say nice choice in bike  :D
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline pushdogg

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 05:51:14 AM »
I try to put a couple hundred in every year....this year was a steering stem kit, tires, and fork rebuild. I can't wait to start playing outside again.
98 rm125
89 yz490(work in progress)

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »
crash it ...

i spent 3000 $ on parts this year :D

Offline overthebars

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »
Trying to get the old bearings out of the swingarm, the previous owner seems to have never replaced em....quite a pain to get the bearing house out.

Offline yo_marc

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:51:36 PM »
I just got in from trying to get my '00 RM's slow circuit jetted cleanly.  The bike never liked to idle - it was either high and the RPM's would hang, or they'd drop down and the bike would want to stall.  I went through a couple of pilots before I started to swap parts over from a '99 carb I have.  First the air screw, then the idle adjustment.. then the choke assembly.  I ended up stripping both carbs down, swapping the '99 carb body in, going through a few more jets, only to settle with what I started with but using the '99 carb.  At least I confirmed it was jetted correctly...

Been sniffing far too much premix.. I hope that made sense...  ???
'00 RM250
'88 TRX250R

Offline downonmonday

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
Trying to get the old bearings out of the swingarm, the previous owner seems to have never replaced em....quite a pain to get the bearing house out.

I did that last summer. What a pain in the arse! I now grease everything every couple months.
2000 Honda CR 250, 2004 Suzuki RMZ 250, 2004 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
I rode mine. :D
2 strokes & mullets forever

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 10:41:05 AM »
Its been confirmed im getting a new pipe and silencer for my b'day, probably FMF as they are so cheap these days , i can get a complete system from the states cheaper than just a pipe here...cant wait til i get to bolt it on and give it a whirl  ;)
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline overthebars

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »

I did that last summer. What a pain in the arse! I now grease everything every couple months.
I useually pull my bike apart every month or so, the dude i bought the bike from never greased anything...hell he hardly cleaned it. :\

Offline George

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 03:51:00 AM »
Getting a hardly used fox rear shock for my rm250 tonight :D the guy who im getting it from got sponsered to ride a ktm 250f a couple of months after buying the shock :P