Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Chad Reed two stroke question?  (Read 7036 times)

Offline graham472

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Reed two stroke question?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »
still comparing 450 to 250

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
And not  a stock 450 but a $40 thousnd dollar 450 engine!
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 06:26:43 AM »
Chad is going to win this championship. Everybody laughed when he didnt get a SX ride and here we are 12 rounds in and hes 8 points out of the lead. If Stewart didnt wiskey throttle into him last weekend he would probably still be the points leader. Chad is the man

And he was one bad dude on a YZ 250
I agree with your statement snook620 that if Stewart did'nt whiskey throttle into him last weekend he would probably still be in the points lead for sure!
  I also would like to see Chad win the title for the simple fact that he's a privateer & is a great 2 time champion despite his past attitude that seems to have disappeared.And as far as him bragging up the 4-strokes common sense tells me that is what he gets paid to do whether he truly likes 4-strokes better than 2-strokes or not.
 Last but not least there is a great article in the May 2011 issue of MXA about two-stroke versus four-stroke & although it's only 1 page it's worth reading.In one part of the article it states that four-strokes are NOT more powerful than two-strokes & that cubic centimeter for cubic centimeter,two-strokes make 40% more horsepower!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »
Had the question been:  Chad, if you had a choice between a Factory CR250R and a Factory CRF250R for the outdoor season, which would you rather ride for the championship, No 450F's?  We'd see a different answer maybe.  He only says what he says for 2 reasons. One because of who he rides for.  2, because he is comparing what rules they are given.  Sure a 450F in Pro racing is better than a 250 2 stroke. Duh. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 09:22:23 AM »
Had the question been:  Chad, if you had a choice between a Factory CR250R and a Factory CRF250R for the outdoor season, which would you rather ride for the championship, No 450F's?  We'd see a different answer maybe.  He only says what he says for 2 reasons. One because of who he rides for.  2, because he is comparing what rules they are given.  Sure a 450F in Pro racing is better than a 250 2 stroke. Duh. 
Nailed it
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »
By the way, this past weekend. My CR500AF although I was slow as crap on all my bikes, motored up to any bike on the track.  I just had to twist the throttle, and there wasn't a bike out there that could run down a straightaway with me.  So if we had CC for CC racing, we would never know anything about 4 strokes...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:01:30 PM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 12:01:51 PM »
I agree but then again I didnt ask him to compare I just asked "chad what do you think of two strokes?"

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
I agree but then again I didnt ask him to compare I just asked "chad what do you think of two strokes?"

Yes, we know. But that is what frustrates me so much with the questions to the pros. On all the pod casts etc, it is always asked, just like you did.  But I made a point for DMSX (spelling?)  to ask a very specific question, and they agreed too. But then it never has been asked.  It's a conspiracy I tell ya.  LOL
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 03:47:03 PM »
Yes. They must praise the 4 strokes. In every way. Even if it's not exactly true...

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 07:23:40 PM »
By the way, this past weekend. My CR500AF although I was slow as crap on all my bikes, motored up to any bike on the track.  I just had to twist the throttle, and there wasn't a bike out there that could run down a straightaway with me.  So if we had CC for CC racing, we would never know anything about 4 strokes...
IMO That is what we all would love to see but because of the AMA & the companies it probably will not happen anytime soon unfortunately. I really wish other companies like Service Honda would build the big bore 2-strokes! If one of the big five would just mass produce one they would see how well they would sell!

Recovered

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 06:26:42 AM »
the MXA article maicoman refers to was posted on this site i believe in february. check the archives if you cant find it elsewhere. very good article. as soon as we read it we knew we had to post it on TSM