Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: PNW TSM Spring Ride  (Read 24725 times)

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
PNW TSM Spring Ride
« on: March 13, 2011, 10:41:35 PM »
Several of us live in the Pacific Northwest (ACMX, Jetz, Sachs, FactoryX, Watson, Swimr2DaResQ just to name a few).

What do any of you think about having a "TSM Spring Ride" get together?  Perhaps one Saturday, likely in April / May when we know will be good weather, and schedule a trail ride in some chosen location (that at least 1 person knows the trails and can be considered a middle point for all involved).  We can even take a few pics and vids and maybe even an article on this site.

We could even start a regional annual spring ride, but I can only organize the PNW regional ride.

Any thoughts?
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: PNW TSM Spring Ride
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 05:57:09 AM »
That would be awesome, I'd like to get that done on the east too. :)

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 06:49:36 AM »
Great idea. Going to be an interesting choice for riding areas.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:57:16 AM by factoryX »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 08:25:56 AM »
I'm in the middle of house reno's so given my time/money constraints the earliest I might be available would be early May.As well I am still badly busted up so if some of the young guys want to get on the throttle they'll have to wait for me.

As for an area I would recommend the Little Naches west of Yakima - hundreds of miles of trails and in early May the upper areas won't have too much snow.There are also excellent camping spots along the Little Naches river. ;D

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »
Going slow is no problem and never been to that place but it's fine with me.  Before we decide on the place tho we need to get everyone who will go and then agree.  Giford Pichot is out that way too and is pretty great from what I hear but haven't been there.  TSF is always fine of course, there's capitol forest up north never been there tho, jones creek in wa, but I'd skip that place.  And little naches / cle clem, its fine with me.

Let's see who's all interested to reply to this thread and where they would be willing to go.  I go out every other weekend, so need to pick a weekend I can go (don't have my daughter) and in May is fine.  So sounds like Sachs is in, factoryx?  Jetz?

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »
Most likely, and I am all for May as well. I thought more people on here lived in oregon/washinton?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:41:35 PM by factoryX »

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, if I can make it.  That's going to depend mainly on two things - first I'm going to need to fix up one of the shocks on the Husky (we fixed the other (hopefully) and now we're onto the other).  The other thing is going to be my work schedule.  At the moment I'm working evenings on the weekends, but it's not unheard-of to get a day off, so if we can have a date relatively early-on, I'll be more likely to make it.  I anticipate also having a truck by then, but if not I can probably pile the bike in with someone else, considering we're all fairly local.

On the whole, the idea sounds awesome!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »
Great idea. I'm available almost every weekend. The only thing that takes up my weekends are races. I should have my license by then and I have no problem getting anywhere. Besides fuel cost ): But the bike is ready  ;D
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
Ok Tentative date is Saturday May 14th. 

So who all from the NW can go and where do you want to go?

* Diamond Mill (TSF, OR)
* McCubbins (Mt Hood, OR)
* Mt Hood River (Mt Hood, OR)
* China Hat (Bend, OR)
* Nestucca/Trask (McMinniville OR/Tillamook OR)
* Jones Creek (Washougal, Washington)
* Capitoal Forest (Olympia, WA)
* Little Naches (Yakima, WA)
* Gifford Pinchot (Longview, WA)

What type of riding?  Wide quad trails or Single Track?  I prefer tight, technical single track.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
I'm not really familiar with all the riding areas, but I'm good with anything that's not too far from Portland, maybe 200mi max?  As for trails, I prefer somewhat-wide trails, maybe not necessarily something giant and quad style, but wider than the tire of the bike. :P

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »
hard to say really, china hat(East Fort Rock) is interesting and supposedly one of the better riding areas in oregon, but I barely know the place. Tillamook would be an okay choice, but 4x4 would have destroyed the trails by now.
http://www.atvfan.com/Oregon_ATV_Trails/

Whats required to ride in Washington?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:15:51 PM by factoryX »

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
swimmer2daresq and I are wayyy up on the peninsula
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »
Washougal then? Damn thats up there.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:33:05 PM by factoryX »

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 09:37:33 PM »
I would be down, just have to make sure I can get away from work. I haven't gotten to ride anywhere other than up here on the peninsula and down in Florence, OR on the dunes! I would be down to carpool with Andrew and possibly camp over night, but I really don't want to drive more than 4-5 hours if possible. It is an awesome idea and would surely be a great time even if only a few could make it! Going slow is cool, and those of us that like to go as fast as we can make checkpoints and so forth, (not that I am fast, I'd like to think so, but I'm pretty slow)! :P
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »
Diamond Mill (TSF) would not be destoryed by 4x4 since you can't 4x4 there and it's mostly single track :)

Little Naches is where Sachs Suggested, that's near Yakima, WA.  The furthest south would be Factory in Bend, that's about 4 hours 30 minute drive.  The furthest North is Port Angles with ACMX and that's actually also 4 hours 30 minutes drive.  So, looks like Little Naches (Yakima, WA) or Gifford Pinchot (Longview, WA) would be the middle ground. 

It is possible to camp at Little Naches as Sachs mentioned, perhaps that would cut down travel if camped overnight.