Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Smoking Cigarettes and the Battle Against Nicotine Addiction  (Read 17961 times)

Offline YZ250ACE

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Smoking Cigarettes and the Battle Against Nicotine Addiction
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 03:50:31 AM »
Read my lips, COLD TURKEY !!! :o Been there done that, it is the only way... ;D

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 03:54:20 AM »
I agree,and am good for a week.Once the migraines set in such that you can't work,sleep and hardly eat,I'm done-usually at the 2 wk point.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline YZ250ACE

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 04:06:26 AM »
Try doing a 7 day cleanse. It will flush a lot of the toxins out of your system...http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=ZS-1005... This stuff is amazing... I occasionally get gout attacks. It flushes uric acid out in 12 hours or less. I've known people who have smoked pot and within 48 hours taken test and passed..It will take any toxin out of your body and I am sure it will help with nicotine...Try it what have you got to lose but some toxins... ;D

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 04:10:30 AM »
Thanks,I'll check in to it.I usually try to detoxify myself with rum  :D

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 06:22:07 AM »
Thanx Ace theres a vitamin shoppe right down the street think I'll head over there and pick it up.
I am doing great though, I think, 2 smokes, 4 lozenges, yesterday.
If I could just get away from other people that smoke for a while I think I'll make it. I am noticing I can smell better food tastes better, and the ashtray in my van smells like death even though I cleaned it.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »
Zyban is not as good as Champix I dont think.
Problem is champix is not subsidised here and is $400 a dose. :o
Need to try harder.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline YZ250ACE

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »
My two suggestions above cost 13.99 and nothing. :o Both will work. Proven. ;)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »
A very good friend of mine has battled smoking his entire life and describes smoking as "having a constant cold",that is how a smoker feels and the effect on his energy level.

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »
i dont smoke that much really, i do alot in the summer while schools out and im with my friends everynight between the 6 of us we usually ride all day and relax at night with some cigarettes and cigars, we're all more dippers (chew) than smokers, and i ration how much i chew i make a can last at least 3 days so it doesnt get too out of control some kids i know go through 2 cans a day
2000 yz125

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 03:26:39 AM »
A very good friend of mine has battled smoking his entire life and describes smoking as "having a constant cold",that is how a smoker feels and the effect on his energy level.

I quit once for two years and was a thundering idiot for starting again.I rationalized it was no big deal the first time,but then I didn't have the migraine thing then either.They say it's a harder habit to kick than heroin.It amazes me people feel sorry for alcoholics,gamblers,overeaters etc though none of those is a chemical addiction,it's just something you want,and have all kinds of programs in place to deal with it-and yet think smokers are the scum of the earth.
When I quit for those two years,I couldn't imagine why I wanted one either and yet,when you're addicted and trying to quit-and wake up in the morning with none in the house,it borders on a panic attack-and you'd almost run your mother over to get one.
I wish every non smoker could have that feeling just one time,then they'd have a better idea what a big deal it actually is-and what a small deal the other "addictions" are in comparison.
As for the cold thing,it's not something you realize while you're doing it but once you quit,you feel so good you then realize how bad you felt while you were doing it.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 04:26:35 AM »
My dad was an alcoholic AND he smoked 2 packs a day for 40 years. Being an alcoholic is most certainly a chemical addiction. For the record when my mom died of lung cancer, my dad quit smoking but was never able to quit drinking until the doc said quit or you die. Even then he would still have a drink now and again. The damage to his liver and pancreas is what killed him. So trust me, some of us non-smokers have a pretty good idea of how hard it is for you all.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:24:40 AM by Coop »
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 05:30:05 AM »
It is true alcoholism is a chemical addiction. I was a heavy drinker in my 20's, and with the birth of my youngest son, I finally saw the light at the end of the tunel so to speak, and started making positive life changes, including, quitting drinking, at least on a daily basis. I was hard but not as hard as nicotine addiction, I had the shakes,& cold sweats, for a couple of days. but not the overwhelming NEED for a drink, like these cigarettes. After a week or two I felt great, and started to remember stupid shit I had done while I was drunk. Then I got depressed, but I got through all that. It's been 8 years, and I maybe drink a beer or two, once every couple of months, unless my buddy with the KDX is home on leave from Afganistan. But I will never become a drinker like I was when I was younger.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline YZ250ACE

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 06:41:51 AM »
I've quit both cold turkey with no side effects other than looking how at how stupid both are to do. I'll never smoke again and I occasionally drink for kicks but could easily do with out. You guys are weak that can't quit, plain and simple. If a doctor said quit today or die tomorrow, would you still do it ? NO. Plain and simple.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 07:36:50 AM »
There is both a hereditary aspect to and a biological link to addictions. Some people's brain structures make them susceptible to addictions (Scandinavian and native Indian ancestry figure prominently) and type "O" blood types as well.I have 3 friends who are of Norwegian,Swedish and Finnish descents and all are alcoholics (interestingly two of them are millionaires!). This is not to say if you are Scandinavian you are automatically an alcoholic but I think you know what I am trying to say.My wife is of type "O" blood type and is of partial Scottish descent (Scandinavian link) and is susceptible to addictions.

I'm a type "A" blood type, one of my grandmothers was Swedish and I just don't have a predisposition to addictions.I have,however, seen it in my siblings and many people I grew up with.

Offline YZ250ACE

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 09:03:09 AM »
I am suspect to addictions. Been trying to give up dirt bikes, 2 strokes in particular, for 40 plus years. Can't quit the habit... :'( :P ;D