Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Better look at the new 4 stroke technology. 2010 Pro Circuit racing bikes..  (Read 3396 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
...Also include an oil cooler!! There is so much junk..not even funny! They used to put an isolation diaper under the gas tank before , the VP was evaporating/boiling because of the heat of the engine LOL. Black foot racing DNF a lot of times here(CMRC) lol..........Just junk. The sport is just total stupidity right now!
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=B260B541824E4437A75E3C26806F2326
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:25:18 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
that is one wicked machine right there. and that is also the reason a true privateer has no chance against a machine of that caliber.

Recovered

What's the "technology"? An oil cooler? Looks complicated. Did you ever see a 2T that needed an oil cooler?

Other than that...looks like any other over rated, over hyped antique.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
An oil cooler? Hmmm, are they really that powerful ::) (sarcasm) I thought oil coolers were for the Porsche 911's and 1960's Honda RC 4 poke GP bikes. WOW!!!!! So what if the little diesel is putting out what, 45hp, they still weigh a ton. The poor bike needs to go see Jenny Craig! :)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
The poor bike needs to go see Jenny Craig! Smiley

Don't worry, they drilled holes in the washers to save weight!!! LOL

Looking at that bike made me think that there are tons of folks that think that is a machine more advanced than any two-stroke bike..... Sure it has lot's of cool looking doo hickeys on it, but it still has a lawn tractor motor!!

This actually looks like fun!!!  :D

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Recovered

IMHO, this thread is a complete waste of space.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Mad... I think the reason for the Opening Post was not to promote a four-stroke, but to make fun of it...

....at least that's the way I see it.

Some of my favorite quotes from the MXA article (besides the complete kissing up to Mitch and Pro Circuit) were these gems....

"The water pump has a super-secret impeller that flows more water than the stocker." First how can it be "super-secret" they just told everyone that reads their site!!  :o But the more important question is why do they need the bike to be cooler?? Because it produces so much heat that it is an issue... So you have a heavy, expensive machine that runs much too hot, so they are bolting on more and more crap to overcome the heat!!

"The race team's Pro Circuit exhaust has an in-line resonance chamber to help cut down on the decibel level for the AMA sound test..." Just shows how screwed up the rules are.. the stupid ineffective AMA sound rules are so bogus as to be a joke. They test the sound levels at a high idle, where the bike can attain the correct db levels. Which are 98 decibels.. Unfortunately when the bikes are actually raced the db level is closer to 130 dbs... dangerously and stupidly LOUD!!

Which brings me to my favorite quote of all...

"Several years ago, in an attempt to offset the cost of the race bike transmissions, Pro Circuit offered them to the public, but the price was so high that no one could afford them." This just goes to show how much money they throw into these four-stroke porkers.. so how much did the transmission cost that they couldn't sell any??

To me this was a funny article... much like comedy. I haven't laughed so much in a long time!! ;D ;D

Just as a comparison to this overly expensive so called "technologically advanced" (my favorite four-stroke marketing hype slogan) yesterday we did the first test impression of the 2010 TM Racing 125 two-stroke. It comes stock with many of the cool stuff shown on this "Pro" race machine... there will be a detailed follow up on the test impression, but let's just say that it's an extremely fast bike. Stone stock!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
about time someone did a test on other 125s. im looking to buy a new 125 (currently on 05 yz) but i dont have any idea of how they handle or how they stack up to the "usual" jap bikes. i hope you guys will also or someone else will be able to do a test on the husky and possibly a shootout with the ktm yz tm and husky

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
Don't worry, they drilled holes in the washers to save weight!!! LOL

What's next, drill holes in the aluminum frame and then chamfering them to make them stronger. God, I take that back, I hope that doesn't happen. >:(