Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Cédric Soubeyras.. Done with 2 stroke..  (Read 12158 times)

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: Cédric Soubeyras.. Done with 2 stroke..
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »
Exactly, KTM is putting spotlight on the 2 strokes.
Did you guys forget about the interview I did with Mike Sleeter, he will be on a 250SX in a few nationals..
Just have patience, the 2 stroke will be back.

Yeah I still dig that up for a good read.

Guys, idk what type of racing you're watching... I don't think you're getting this... But two strokes are winning 75-90% of the races here. Who said it's all about the pro industry? Because its obviously not. They make an impact yes, but they can't purge a better machine. It's simple. I made a whole video to express my point and you don't see it? Two strokes ARE here. Two strokes ARE winning. 250D 1st 2nd and 3rd. 250C 1st, 2nd, and 4th. 250B 1st, 2nd, 3rd. (those clips I used were from moto 1 & 2, they were doing this consistently) Those are real results. I didn't make them up. I filmed it all. If someone new to the sport comes to the track and sees all these pingers leading the pack... What are they going to go buy? This is a process of momentum. We're adding weight and velocity every day. My buddy was consistently winning 250C on his 125. He was kicking their butts. A few weeks later I saw the guys he was whuping on 250 2t's. Hmmmm....
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »
It would help a lot if the smaller (euro) 2 stroke brands finally get allowed worldwide.
An engineer at KTM said their 2 strokes with carbs will even pass the Euro5 standards.
So i'm a bit reluctant to all the supposed upcoming (direct) injection types.
We keep hearing a lot of great talk, but no serious confirmations. (well, not yet...)

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
is he gonna be back for a full season or just a few races? Either way in 2012 between TSM and Cedric theyll be some 2strokes in the mains

At the moment, I aint holding my breath. Things seem to be dwindling for two strokes at the top level, rather than rapidly improving. I do hope that we see that change, but at the moment, it doesn't look like it. Here in Australia, even now you can race a 250 two stroke in the lites class, it doesn't look like we will have any top riders on two strokes for the nationals. That is disappointing. Even now at the amateur level, the rules allow equal displacement, and the last club day I did a couple of weeks ago, still only had a couple of two strokes on the gate, and the start gate was a full 40 man field. I hope that the two stroke numbers increase over the course of this year, especially at the top level in the USA !!

I also live in OZ. My brother is looking at a bike and wants a 250f. i am trying to convince him to go 250 2T but he wont have it. he wants to race and i said that the 250's race eachother now and he couldnt believe it. we argued about it for a while until i reminded him that robbie maddison raced one in the super x. One problem for him is he is a die hard kawasaki fan and he also said to me that he reckons he could ride a 4 stroke harder for longer. i laughed at him and called him a wimp.

the financial side of things isnt as tough in OZ as the rest of the world and people arent really feeling the pinch so rebuilding a 4T isnt that much for people to do. he also has a mate that is a mechanic so he gets all the labour for nothing anyway.

Was in yamaha the other day and asked if they sold many 2 strokes and the salesman said only to freestyle riders and even they are goin to 4T's because of the more predictable power spread. but then when yamaha want 9k for a 125 and 10k for a 250 who would buy them. the ktm store may say something different.

OZ follows the trends in the USA more than Europe does and at the moment the trend is 4T's and thats where the majority of australian riders are. it sucks but its true
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:24:26 PM by ACMX »

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »
Even so, you have to look at the simplicity of the 2-stroke, regardless of economy and trends. The 2-stroke motorcycle is easier to produce and maintain than a 4-stroke. Its unatractive to some since you have to mix the gas, but is a purer race machine. We have to continue to hope and plug away, and eventually we'll come out on top.

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »
Well we are ment to be going riding this weekend weather permitting and he will be riding his mates 250f. My goal will be to spank him and show him the superior machine.

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
What about a KTM 150? It's lightweight and will spank any 250F.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 12:39:57 PM »
hopefully I will be racing a few nationals this summer on my RM, I plan too, just depends if I can lose enough weight by then

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »
that reminds me of a story burn, here in Texas at nocona mx there is this straight section and me and my buddy(he rides ktm 250f) its a with a right handed 180 its not tight pretty long and wide that goes into a straight thats probably  300 yds long that goes in to this step up thats impossible to over jump the landing just goes forever. So I was curious how fast that dam tractor really was we went through it the first time hit the turn in third at the exit click up to 4th halfway down the straight click 5th so we do this a couple times and pull off the track and I told him "dude give it everything its got" so we go down the straight in 5th and i can see his throttle is cranked to the lock and looked over and yelled i still have more bitch lol put my butt a little over the back fender and tried to twist the grip off of my 150. The power of my bike has shocked me on more than 1 occasion. Also both bikes are 09's so its not like some clapped out 250f

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
He is too much of a pansy. He is a Kawasaki fan boy an is excited over their new fork an reckons he doesn't want to mix his fuel. I am trying to convince him an another mate to go 150 but looks like they will go the tractors. Oh well, when they do I will just have to roost the shit out of them

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 05:09:03 PM »
Did you guys forget about the interview I did with Mike Sleeter, he will be on a 250SX in a few nationals..

Your right Charles I forgot about Sleeter. He probably has a pretty good chance of making one to.

I agree KTM has really put their best foot forward in developing some good 2 strokes. Hopefully itll pay off
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »
To me it doesn't matter who KTM puts on it, or how they do.
I'm just happy the are putting it on the track, and taking a different route than the "big" 4.

The Big 4 to me is KTM, TM, Gas Gas, Maico. with several others following up the rear. :)

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »

Your right Charles I forgot about Sleeter. He probably has a pretty good chance of making one to.

I agree KTM has really put their best foot forward in developing some good 2 strokes. Hopefully itll pay off
Really? didn't think sleeter had made a main before, even when he was on a 450

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »

Really? didn't think sleeter had made a main before, even when he was on a 450s.
You are right. Sleeter hasn't qualified before. Even on a 450. So hopefully he pulls his finger out of his ass and gets on the gas and qualifies on the 250SX.

And to Chump 674, it was Robbie Marshall that rode the YZ 250 here in the Super X. He was good enough to get a ride with Coastal KTM, so will also be on a 350 SX-F for this years nationals and super X. Will ride a 250SX for his freestyle events. He was one guy that could have got some wins on a two stroke at the very top level. Shame we wont get to see it !!

Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 08:14:18 AM »
that reminds me of a story burn, here in Texas at nocona mx there is this straight section and me and my buddy(he rides ktm 250f) its a with a right handed 180 its not tight pretty long and wide that goes into a straight thats probably  300 yds long that goes in to this step up thats impossible to over jump the landing just goes forever. So I was curious how fast that dam tractor really was we went through it the first time hit the turn in third at the exit click up to 4th halfway down the straight click 5th so we do this a couple times and pull off the track and I told him "dude give it everything its got" so we go down the straight in 5th and i can see his throttle is cranked to the lock and looked over and yelled i still have more bitch lol put my butt a little over the back fender and tried to twist the grip off of my 150. The power of my bike has shocked me on more than 1 occasion. Also both bikes are 09's so its not like some clapped out 250f

Badness! Its amazing that everyone hasn't bought more 150s. This will be my next bike. Good story, pretty funny!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 09:10:28 AM »
The unfortunate reality right now is that there is absolutely no support for a rider on a 2-stroke. Until the AMA rule change there probably won't be much support for pro racers (even though everyone wants to see it).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:46:27 PM by burn1986 »