Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 4 stroke "Handicap"  (Read 8292 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: 4 stroke "Handicap"
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »
As much as I enjoyed that video of Jason Lawrence, I agree that it scared the Big 5 and in a huge way. They have been touting that the four-strokes are superior in every way and here this young upstart "kid" told them if he could race it he would destroy them.

This would put some serious egg on many faces at the pro level....

Imagine the scenario of a factory team competing on modded 250F's, guys that are used to winning all the time, some racer shows up at the local National on a 250cc two-stroke (a bike that the manufacturers and media have claimed is not anywhere as good as the four-stroke, conveniently leaving out the fact that it has to be double the displacement of the two stroke) This racer proceeds to stomp the 250F's... it would send all the factory race teams into spin cycle. All of them would run out and get 250cc two-strokes for the next week so that they could compete.

That would "blow" the whole charade for what it truly is, a pile of baloney disguised as technology.

The worst part is that they would have to admit that they were wrong.

Not a very good situation for them at all.....
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: 4 stroke "Handicap"
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
Haha, i love this, except, I don't ride with any 450 guys, well, I guess I could tell my 250f friends that they are riding a handicap bike. Maybe we could call the modern four strokes the new short buses.
I'd rather be riding...