Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: YZ Project pics.  (Read 64643 times)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: YZ Project pics.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »
CR: decals and new shirts we be avialable in a few weeks, I'll let you guys know when we get them.

Heres a quick update on the project.
The seat has been sent off for a custom hand made cover.
The frame is ready for final prep and powder, will be finished Monday night or Tuesday.
I powdered a few parts, caliper mount, rear brake lever, rear caliper mount and chain guide.
I just took the rear spring out of the oven so you can see the red we are using, pics soon. :)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:03 AM »
Rear Spring

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40:56 AM »
Nice work!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 10:46:32 AM »
Thanks! It is a sweet shade of red, and I have never liked red. :) Can't wait to see the frame done. :)

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 12:01:20 PM »
Looks awesome!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 08:47:48 PM »
I was worried the red would be too orange, but that shit looks wicked dark!! F yeah
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »
Sorry, but I'm with Swapper, I don't get it, why "Bling" a 10 year old 125 ?
It just screams "Try Hard " , Why not save your money on shiney things for an old bike and spend it on a new bike and perhaps suspension and engine tuning...noticed I didn't say bolt on bits.
It's obvious that we Aussies don't realise that anodizing and decals actually makes your bike faster :-*

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 01:31:53 AM »
No real point in buying a new yz125. By the time he is done working on this bike it will be better than a newer bike.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 05:10:23 AM »
It's obvious that we Aussies don't realise that anodizing and decals actually makes your bike faster :-*

Nobody ever said that would make it faster. There is nothing wrong with taking pride in the appearance of your machine. It is getting plenty of performance mods (not just "bolt on bling"), so I don't see the problem with wanting it to look nice as well as run nice.

The point of a project bike is not to buy a new bike, but take an old one and make it as good as new. It's called "Project YZ" not "Bought New YZ"  :D .

- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline sinned

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »

Nobody ever said that would make it faster. There is nothing wrong with taking pride in the appearance of your machine. It is getting plenty of performance mods (not just "bolt on bling"), so I don't see the problem with wanting it to look nice as well as run nice.

The point of a project bike is not to buy a new bike, but take an old one and make it as good as new. It's called "Project YZ" not "Bought New YZ"  :D .

:-* I do not understand the discontent with some members about this project, I personally think it's a great idea to take an older bike strip it down make it look good(powder coat etc..) It's also mentioned that motor work is also part of the project....we all know it's stupid easy to freshen up the top end, maybe throw in a pipe, silencer, and Vforce3 or Boysen reeds, revalve the suspension and hell you have a better than new bike. People need to take this for what it is FUN
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:17:42 PM by sinned »

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »
true i think its a great thing, i really dont like the old style shroud design but i think the retro look will look awesome. But yall gotta understand this is a public forum open to public opinion just like I HATE HONDA'S and there's alot of ppl on here that love them, that doesnt mean we have to beef or somethin just do what works for you!

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
I'm sorry to those who think this project is going in the wrong direction.

For the ones that are enjoying it, I was killing some time in the shop.

Offline Harley Elliott 594

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »
soo i get the tshirt right?? i would love to have AllBalls across my chest. :-*

hahaha wow nice :D
TSM RACING 594

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »
At least your now letting the P C supplies go to waste, this thing is gonna be so cool
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Harley Elliott 594

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
Fair enough, I just dont US to become the laughing stock of the moto industry. People already think we wear tinfoil hats and blame Honda Corp. for everything from Civil wars to the rise of the four stroke. I just dont want any more ammunition out there for the haters to jump on and use. I still think that thoughtful decisions need to be made on what gets put on other websites, especially if you want to put a pro team out there on for 2012. Otherwise you will be completely written off and will not get any support at a time when you need it the most. Knowing the industry as well as I do, and how it works, and how considerably small it is, small miscalculations in judgement can have severe implications. All i am saying is, be smart in what you do, and dont take a reckless abandon approach, and act like you dont care what other people think. It WILL come back and bite you !!

Thanks.
dude chill out this is not a pro project its to get have fun give people a chance to design a bike that they want no one on this site cares that the bike is 10 years old age of bike has nothing to do with how well the bike is going to look or run or place nor does anyone really care what level the bike will be raced in jsut as long as it is a two stroke and its out there sporting that great tsm logo and  proving the 2 is always better than 4
TSM RACING 594