Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: YZ Project pics.  (Read 65431 times)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: YZ Project pics.
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 05:53:27 AM »
Swapper, this bike became a test run project. So things don't go bad when TSM Racing starts up in 2012.
When we make an attempt at the pro level, we will be ready. :)
I don't care what the media, other websites or anyone else has to say.
I'm not here to walk to the line, and do things how other people do them.
This is meant to be a fun project to get you guys involved, not necessarily to win.
It's built for the fans, and every one of them can take a ride on it if they want.
I don't care if it comes in last place, as long as you guys enjoyed the ride!
I completely understand what your saYING, I just don't think it applies here.
You sound like the Vital guys, take a load off and enjoy it. :)
Pro racing is like reality TV..
I would rather make the general population happy with an awesome project, than be worried about politics of pro racing. :)

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 08:12:43 AM »
Just speaking my mind.
And enjoying this forum more than any I have ever joined.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 09:29:43 AM »
I hear what you're saying, but the truth is, that the Pro level on the National AMA indoor and outdoor series, is obtainable by maybe 8% of those of us who race. At that level, a bike from the early 90's could still be competitive in the right hands.

I don't think that this project is geared toward chasing a "Lites" Pro class title.

I think IT IS focused more toward the grass roots of the sport.

This project is allowing 2 stroke riders/fans to get involved in something bigger than what's in their garage.

I'm hoping to see it develope the type of comradery that the sport has been missing since the the late 90's.

Look at how many people on this forum, and on FB are following and participating in this project, and hanging on to every post in the Poll threads.

That what this project is about to me.

F#*k the factory race teams and Pro AMA. That's all just a big commercial to sell these new expensive, over weight, overpowered, under reliable, bikes.

I know I don't own a Semi truck full of tools, spare motors etc. I don't put a new motor in my bike after every race. And neither does the other 92% of dirt bike guys in the real world.
GRASS ROOTS IS MOTOCROSS with out it there are no factory teams

Well said Myck. Thats the idea I got out of it as well. Get the name out there to the people that matter.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 02:59:44 PM »
I hear what you're saying, but the truth is, that the Pro level on the National AMA indoor and outdoor series, is obtainable by maybe 8% of those of us who race. At that level, a bike from the early 90's could still be competitive in the right hands.

I don't think that this project is geared toward chasing a "Lites" Pro class title.

I think IT IS focused more toward the grass roots of the sport.

This project is allowing 2 stroke riders/fans to get involved in something bigger than what's in their garage.

I'm hoping to see it develope the type of comradery that the sport has been missing since the the late 90's.

Look at how many people on this forum, and on FB are following and participating in this project, and hanging on to every post in the Poll threads.

That what this project is about to me.

F#*k the factory race teams and Pro AMA. That's all just a big commercial to sell these new expensive, over weight, overpowered, under reliable, bikes.

I know I don't own a Semi truck full of tools, spare motors etc. I don't put a new motor in my bike after every race. And neither does the other 92% of dirt bike guys in the real world.
GRASS ROOTS IS MOTOCROSS with out it there are no factory teams

Well said!  :)
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »
Fair enough, I just dont US to become the laughing stock of the moto industry. People already think we wear tinfoil hats and blame Honda Corp. for everything from Civil wars to the rise of the four stroke. I just dont want any more ammunition out there for the haters to jump on and use. I still think that thoughtful decisions need to be made on what gets put on other websites, especially if you want to put a pro team out there on for 2012. Otherwise you will be completely written off and will not get any support at a time when you need it the most. Knowing the industry as well as I do, and how it works, and how considerably small it is, small miscalculations in judgement can have severe implications. All i am saying is, be smart in what you do, and dont take a reckless abandon approach, and act like you dont care what other people think. It WILL come back and bite you !!

Thanks.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 11:47:08 PM »
Lol the US the laughing stock? No. Have you seen us at the mxdn?

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 05:34:58 AM »
Ok.. I am a very smart guy. And I know exactly what I'm doing.
I already have sponsors lined up for 2012. Everyone thinks this is a great project.
Like Myc said, this IS grassroots. The majority of people complainabout the current state of MX.
The coverage is boring, the races are usually weak.
How about if I get hooked up with some good connections, like a new sponsor we have and just set up a 2 stroke series across the US?
My plans are much larger than I think anyone realizes. :) Stay tuned.

I would be much happier letting a kid racing out of his van, ride this bike than I would letting any Pro.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 06:19:58 AM »
Tell you what, I (my team=wife and kids) would ride for TMS , in the 2011-2012 SERA Enduro series 30+ 0pen C:D, all I would require is 2 GIANT TMS logo stickers for my 18" enclosed trailer, or a 12' banner to hang on my easy up canopy, some smaller stickers for my/teams bikes and helmets, and my entry fees ($30 a race pre registration). We would distribute mini-fliers, or TSM magazine(if it actualizes) to promote the site on Saturday at the kids event, and have them available in my pit all weekend. We would also take some pictures and I would write an article about the event and my race/results, to be posted on the site or published in the mag.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 06:37:16 AM »
That sounds good Myc.

I need to stop posting before I fully wake up. I apologize Swapper, didn't mean to sound like an a-hole. I'm just up to my neck and buried at my desk.
All I'm trying to do is give you something to enjoy and take part in.
The sponsors will be more than happy with the traffic they get from our project, it's more about local support than anything else.
We do have big plans, anything you guys want or suggested we will do our best to do.
A mag, racing series, project build the reader can participate in.
I am very fortunate to have some very good connections, that want to get things done the same way I do.
This is going to be a great year. :)

I'm here for you guys. I'm selling my bike to fund this project, because I know if I was a reader I would be all over being able to participate in a project like this.
Thanks Guys! I'll try not to post early morning anymore!

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »

Re read what I wrote. "US" refers to the two stroke motocross website. Not the US of A. Dont know where you got that from. Doesn't even fit with what I wrote ??  >:(

Well apparently I am the a-hole, and my point of view isn't worth a pinch of shit, so maybe I should just leave you with it. This place has changed !!!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
  I wasn't busting your ass Swapper, I just wanted to clarify my outlook on what this project is about to me. I in no way intended to speak for Charles or TSM. My words were soley intended to represent my feelings and opinion of this site, this project, and off road motorcycling/racing in the United States under the current AMA rule. It just so happened that my opinions are shared by the moderators, go figure.
  I personally am not worried in the least about being a member of forum considered by four stroke riders, racers, and fans, a "laughing stock", For I will be the one at the dealer picking up my $125 topend kit, that I will install myself, in less than an hour, laughing at the guy unloading his broken fourstroke into the repair department, looking at a $2000+ repair bill, and remembering me snaking his line, and throwing roost in his face last weekend. ;D

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
Swapper just missed a word, which I assume was 'want' - as in , "I don't want US to..."

There's an 'modify' (edit) feature, Swappster!

And I think, he might really have meant that , during the process, and all through any releases of information, it might be wise to continually point out that it IS all about the grass roots level racing. Without, also, continually slagging 4t reliability and cost. Because the idiots who are out there WILL try to make it / think that it's about 'domination'. Just let the $ numbers, fun, and, perhaps, results, do the talking.

They are that limited in their thinking, that they won't see that it's about making an older, simpler bike, that can be used as a grass roots, clubman level racer.

So, it would be wise, also, to count the pennies, keeping it as affordable as possible  (the All Balls very much points to that) - as, if it shows any tendency towards being expensive / unnecessarily blingy, or be overly ambitious in the claims made for the bike, those same drongos will  fixate on that.

But I'm sure Charles, and , I hope, most of us here, are aware of all the points I've made above.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:03:50 AM by bearorso »

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 09:16:40 PM »

Re read what I wrote. "US" refers to the two stroke motocross website. Not the US of A. Dont know where you got that from. Doesn't even fit with what I wrote ??  >:(

Well apparently I am the a-hole, and my point of view isn't worth a pinch of shit, so maybe I should just leave you with it. This place has changed !!!

Woah, I didn't mean to offend you Swapper. My apologies. Just a simple miscommunication. And I have not intended to offend you with anything I have written on this forum, I'm just speaking how I really feel. I didn't consider it to be a fight, just a simple debate. Your point of view is worth just as much as anyone else around here. Don't feel discouraged to speak your mind, it's just that my point of view is different than yours.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
Hey Charles, are stickers available? I don't have enough money for one of Watson's graphics kits, due to a rebuild, but I would gladly put stickers on my bike, if you guys have some.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »

Na don't be hasty. I know what you're saying, and you're only saying it cause you care.
 I understand your point of view totally and i also understand what charles is saying about not giving a damn about what others say.