Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Bike Build  (Read 10937 times)

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Build
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »
a guy i ride with has an '03 CR250 that Robert Renyard did the head/cylinder/cases on. it does rip pretty good. it uses a  stock YZ250  'D' piston with the "windows" on the skirt on the intake side. thats how Renyard set it up. it also uses two base gaskets which was the 'outdoor' setting. the cases were stuffed with epoxy. the other thing my friend did was replace the stock Mikuni with a 38 PWK Keihin as it stabilized the jetting. the bike seemed very sesitive to small changes in conditions with the Mikuni. and you are right about Factory Honda wanting to know what Robert Renyard did to son Robbie's CR250. when Robbie as a privateer went 4-4 at Mt. Morris ('02 or '03, can't remember) the factory techs went to the Renyard pits for a little chat.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:17:17 AM by admiral »

Offline Cable Stretcher

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »
yeah, thats about the same here with the addition of a "special" transmision coating and only 1 base gasket.  I am running the yz piston as well.  We are still using the mikuni for now (but we haven't got it tuned in quite right yet he was at the track with me on sun and mon), we also put in a power now, and a v-force 3.

Offline Cable Stretcher

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »
out of curiosity,how well has your friends bike held up?  Is he running C-12?  What oil and premix is he using?

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
out of curiosity,how well has your friends bike held up?  Is he running C-12?  What oil and premix is he using?
the engine has been the model of reliability. of course it helps that he bought the bike brand new in July '02 as soon as the '03's came out. i tore the engine down in late fall '02 and he sent the cases, head, cylinder to Renyard. one cool thing about that bike is you can do a top end or re-ring without taking the head loose so you don't have to buy a head gasket. he buys a 55 gallon drum of 113 Klotz race fuel and blends 50/50 with pump gas to make around 100 octane and mixes 32-1 with Redline. he also runs a PC plat. II pipe and 304 silencer. the stock rims cracked after two seasons and the stock alluminum spoke nipples were junk from the get go. the spokes never stayed tight and required constant adjustment even between motos. i laced up a set of excell rims with Bucahnans (sp?) stainless steel spokes and nipples and after a couple of rides they stayed nice and tight. the bike didn't get ridden in '06 and '07. he broke his wrist on the first ride of '06 then got married and didn't ride in '07. so the bike has about 5 seasons of actual use on it. the Keihin carb was added last season. he got it for $50 off ebay.