Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Thank You!  (Read 2648 times)

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
Thank You!
« on: January 12, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »
I would like to thank each and every person on here for supporting the petition. It is up to 3460! That is an incredible number. I am preparing to talk to Al Ludington and this is pure ammonition. When everyone says that we are a small majority, or that no one wants a favorable change for 2-strokes in the AMA Pro arena, I can simply point to the petition and the comments and my case is won every time.

Even though its not as easy as a petition, the numbers continue to rise in our favor, and I'm hoping diplomacy and common sense will help our cause as well.

Anyway, thanks again!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
Good luck Burns. Thanks you for all your work. I truely hope something gets done, or our sport will fail.  Although I don't personally feel they are listening, I hope I'm wrong.  When people start putting facts out, the powers that be stop replying. Kinda like on the Vital post.  People starting saying how no OEM's will put a 250 2 stroke out there like DC says, and he has not replied since. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »
No, thank you! You are going above and beyond and are doing a very professional and impressive job with this. For them to even consider this really says a lot about the effort you have put into this. Rregardless of the outcome, great job!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »
No, thank you! You are going above and beyond and are doing a very professional and impressive job with this. For them to even consider this really says a lot about the effort you have put into this. Rregardless of the outcome, great job!

He said it! :)

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »
Preciate it, but it is a collective effort. I wish I could involve more people in this instead than myself and Al Ludington, and have a negotiation team and get a phone conference or meeting set up with the AMA. I think that relying on DC to loosen up at this point is like looking for "...ocean-front property in Arizona..."

While we're at it, what do ya'll think of pursuing a 125 national championship? I still want to see the 2-stroke changes mentioned in the petition, but this may be a way to stir up excitement and get a foot in the door.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:49:44 PM »
You know, the more I watch everything happen, the more I feel like it's comparable to the gays in the military stuff.  Here's why. Many said if that passed it would ruin the military, our military would crumble etc.  I don't know how many idiotical things were said, but a lot.  As we see, life goes on, and the military still is the best in the world.  Same with MX, if 2 strokes raced with 4, cc for cc.  Racing would go on, no one is taking their toys home and saying they won't play etc.  Life would go on. Just sayin...
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:51:45 PM »
I would rather have 2's and 4's together. :)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
Seinfeld: "Not that there's anything wrong with 2's and 4's together."
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »
Seinfeld: "Not that there's anything wrong with 2's and 4's together."

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!

Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125