Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Last of the YZ two strokes?? I hope Not!!  (Read 2924 times)

Offline rvanderveur

• Novice
    • View Profile
Last of the YZ two strokes?? I hope Not!!
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:37:41 AM »
Not trying to start rumors but I was in a very reputable yamaha dealer yesterday and one of the store associates told me that he was informed 2011 will be the last year for the yz two strokes. I hope this is mis-information. And I hope it was not a ploy to entice me to purchase the 2011 yz 250 they had on the floor.
Any industry insiders that can offer any insight??

rvv

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Last of the YZ two strokes?? I hope Not!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:50:48 AM »
Great first post lol.  First, Yamaha has multiple 2011 YZ 2 stroke reviews this year because they see the writing on the wall. 2 strokes are starting to come back. Go on the main page and you will see them posted. They wouldn't be spending so much time if they weren't going to produce them in the future. They also made some changes, not likely on a final year bike. So wink wink tell your dealer he is FOS.   8)

By the way, was not trying being a jerk. But dealer reps here were trying to pull the 2 strokes banned to me.  I called them on it, and they didn't know what to say.  Oh, and just look around the dealership and see how many old 4 strokes he has sitting there still. Maybe he was just trying to get you to buy that 2011, because he can't get full price for any of those 4 strokes.  YZ's are going for full retail.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:05:49 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline rvanderveur

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »
Right on, I hope that's the case. Possibly, the 2011 yz's are the last of the current design....That would be interesting....I have a 2006 YZ 250 that I love but when he said this was "the end of the yz 2-strokes", I was compelled to buy on impulse, kind of...

rvv

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
Well, can say, speaking with your wallet won't ever hurt anything.  That bike will probably be his one and only to sell, and it will most likely be sold fast. I still don't see YZ's being updated yet, as far as frames etc.  But for them to completely scrap them, I just can't see it. I know for a fact that 08-10 YZ450F's are actually in the OEM warehouses, that you can order still. YZ250's not. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
A lot is happening so far in 2011 concerning the YZs: Everyone is watching to see how Sobeyras is going to do; All the factories are seeing recduced sales on 4-strokes; The economy is affecting sales and the 2-stroke fan base is growing like crazy.

So IMO with all of this, I'll bet Yamaha is watching to see what will happen (Not like everyone doesn't know all this stuff, just sayin). I doubt this is the last year for the YZ.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 11:18:10 AM »
I HOPE NOT, its hard to say though. Yamaha hasnt done anything major to the YZ since 2005 and even then it was basically an 04 with an aluminum frame. They've been through 2 generations of 4 stroke's since then.

Im not going to pay $6k for a 6 year old bike even if it is new. I sure hope they update the model but I dont see them spending the $$ to do so....YET.
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline downonmonday

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
I thought about purchasing the 2010 YZ 250, but it has not changed for some time. So, a TM is probably in the future for me!  ;D
2000 Honda CR 250, 2004 Suzuki RMZ 250, 2004 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »
even tho it was retarded, I miss the "4 strokes don't have a power band, I want a bike with a power band! days".  "Does that bike have powerband?"

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
even tho it was retarded, I miss the "4 strokes don't have a power band, I want a bike with a power band! days".  "Does that bike have powerband?"

Yep...........its got powerband in every gear ....LOL :D

I honestly hope they dont scrap the YZ, it might be old but they still rip, i have said this before and i'll say it again, i think the least they could do is  bang the 2t mill in the previous F chassis, it may not be new but at least it is a change.....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:11:35 PM by scotty dog »
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »
I think yamaha should start making a 144/150! Its obvious that everybody loves the 150sx...so why not make a yz144 instead of making everybody have to buy the 144 kit? Put it in from the factory. I think in Australia they can buy yz144's off the showroom floor.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
I think yamaha should start making a 144/150! Its obvious that everybody loves the 150sx...so why not make a yz144 instead of making everybody have to buy the 144 kit? Put it in from the factory. I think in Australia they can buy yz144's off the showroom floor.

Yes, this is true. They are great bikes too, the 144s.  I work within the Industry here in Aus, and deal heavily with most race teams, both factory and sattelite teams, and do get to hear what the manufacturers are really doing. They are definitely continuing the YZ range, and that reputable Yamaha dealer of yours is full of it. Just trying to sell a bike. Nothing new.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!